What are the cookie cutter builds for each class

"
Full customization is something that most games games can't offer. This is a god damn gift. Use it omg.

And remember, sometimes thinking outside the box helps as hell. Try to discover new metagaming strategies.

There are a lot of people who don't know how to use that gift, or can't be bothered. But they would still enjoy the game using cookie cutter builds.
If someone creates a really well complimented spec, chances are they won't share it with you. Also a lot of the games appeal. Creating a unique spec that flows. Not, if you want to own, here copy my spec...
Messed around with the tree a little bit, most likely not the best build, but at least it seems pretty good. If you have any ideas how too make it better please inform me.

Marauder:
http://tinyurl.com/c8jf9jv
Duelist:
http://tinyurl.com/ck2hyq3
Those who flaunt their power disappear when the truly strong appear.
Last edited by Ragatokk on Aug 3, 2012, 7:32:10 PM
I feel like with all the possibilities of the builds there is so much room to not use a cookie cut build.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Coming straight out of diablo 3 myself it's a very nice thing to see that there is full customization and experimentation, honestly can't wait for this game
don´t forget its even not only about passivetree, u have to customize your build around the sockets/stones AND equipment u r able to find AND if u play solo or with one m8 or two or three...asf.

the only hint i can give u, don´t specialice yourself to one sort of weapon while leveling., cos u will be fucked up if train e.g. marauder 2h axe and the only weapon u find to replace your 2h on appropriate damage-lvl is a hammer or mace.

u dont need to spend evry point as soon as u get em. if your damageoutput or stats r good enough to keep on leveling against par/subpar mob-lvls just wait til youre sure enough.

i e.g. played a few lvl with my marauder with a 2h-axe which was far too lowie^^, always keen on spending points in axe-damage.
but it worked so far and my new 2h-hammer plus dominating blow and some neat items with mana reg plus hp-reg made me nearly undestructable (elemental resis armour etc ftw^^)
I feel like with all the possibilities of the builds there is so much room to not use a cookie cut build

Yea, that's it no cookie cutter builds. So new players have no idea at all where to start .So they play to level 20 or 30 and screw up their tree so bad they can't level get mad at some crazy game with a 1500 skill tree and quit forever. OR post cookie cutters so they have at least a starting point.
People post builds in each classes subsection. All it takes is a little reading on your part.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Nikijih wrote:
^ What he said. If you are looking for cookie cutters, you are on the wrong game. PoE is 100% about customization and creating your own build is half of the game's appeal.

Lol, do we play the same game? You are talking about the theory but in the field there are about 10 good endgamebuilds (or less) and there are billions of crap custom builds. You know I'm talking about the "the game is too hard" whiners.
But hey "100% about customization" was a good joke. Let me tell you another one:
POE is 100% about crafting! ;D

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
Risefromyourgrave...

1. How does someone find a thread this old?
2. Why don't they look at the dates?
3. I bet all the posters in this thread before necroing it will never reply.

Blind people are blind.
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info