[OLD] Map Management Resource

Great thread, thanks for the resource!
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
Very nice thread, looking forward to other map descriptions, specifically Maze which I have 2 of. I have no idea what to expect from Vaal and at lvl 87, I'm kinda scared to run them. Particularly because of the way Piety is so over tuned on the Temple Map. Is Vaal just as ridiculously op?

If you run with a Hexmaster then it becomes easy. I would say that Maze is one of the only two maps which still gives my group a rush when we finish it. A thing to note is that Vaal has a very very long vertical range on his smash but pathetic range horizontally so typically you should have someone casting decoy totem to the side.

Always try to fight Vaal when he is to the northwest or northeast. Slamdancer can attest to being smashed half a screen away as a result of splash damage on a totem, so be wary of that. I'll let him chime in on this one.

Keep /oos bound in this fight.
(His lazer is weak if you have 85% resistance and the rocks are manageable with a Granite Flask)

Well, the AoE on the Smash should not be underestimated, i should know.. my first HC char in OB died to the fact that i just ran in range (not even close) to throw 3 Bear Traps to finish him off.. when he suddenly hit a Totem that i could barely see and i died as a result.

Lyralei summed it up pretty nicely: Don't cast Totems in the direction of the Group and have someone keep /oos if you are using skills that make you or him prone to desync. Also, Ice Shot helps!
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
Good job on the thread, very informative for people starting maps
i say +1 to this and to the fixed topics
Last edited by Tim00 on Apr 15, 2013, 5:53:36 PM
awesome thread! Big thank you to Lyralei, to those helping make this thread, and those that came up with this idea!

Much appreciated :)
Good job there, grats:)

What is the map with no/least chaos mobs in it, anybody know?Or is it random?
Hi there

Great post, extremely helpful!

Would you suggest always running maps in groups (for the quantity bonus) or can you solo lower-level maps?
"
dreamknight4 wrote:
Good job there, grats:)

What is the map with no/least chaos mobs in it, anybody know?Or is it random?

Every monster type can spawn on every map unless there is an Inhabitation Prefix, at least that's what i guess. So it is just random.
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
Very nice thread, looking forward to other map descriptions, specifically Maze which I have 2 of. I have no idea what to expect from Vaal and at lvl 87, I'm kinda scared to run them. Particularly because of the way Piety is so over tuned on the Temple Map. Is Vaal just as ridiculously op?

If you run with a Hexmaster then it becomes easy. I would say that Maze is one of the only two maps which still gives my group a rush when we finish it. A thing to note is that Vaal has a very very long vertical range on his smash but pathetic range horizontally so typically you should have someone casting decoy totem to the side.

Always try to fight Vaal when he is to the northwest or northeast. Slamdancer can attest to being smashed half a screen away as a result of splash damage on a totem, so be wary of that. I'll let him chime in on this one.

Keep /oos bound in this fight.
(His lazer is weak if you have 85% resistance and the rocks are manageable with a Granite Flask)

"
Slamdancer wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
PhoenixFlame wrote:

Well, the AoE on the Smash should not be underestimated, i should know.. my first HC char in OB died to the fact that i just ran in range (not even close) to throw 3 Bear Traps to finish him off.. when he suddenly hit a Totem that i could barely see and i died as a result.

Lyralei summed it up pretty nicely: Don't cast Totems in the direction of the Group and have someone keep /oos if you are using skills that make you or him prone to desync. Also, Ice Shot helps!

Thank you very much guys. I dont know if this eases my apprehension but at least I know what to expect now.
Last edited by PhoenixFlame on Apr 15, 2013, 6:44:32 PM
"
Jeenz5 wrote:
Hi there

Would you suggest always running maps in groups (for the quantity bonus) or can you solo lower-level maps?

You can initially do 66 maps with a friend or two and later on solo them comfortably no different than you would run City of Sarn or The Docks.

When starting out, its always a good idea to run with two friends so that you can alternate between maps or split the costs.
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
Jeenz5 wrote:
Hi there

You can initially do 66 maps with a friend or two and later on solo them comfortably no different than you would run City of Sarn or The Docks.

When starting out, its always a good idea to run with two friends so that you can alternate between maps or split the costs.

Like Lyra did..."find yourself a map partner" :)

MulletMoustache - GMT timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info