Beta Key Idea

Many people including me are getting mad at the random Beta Key give away which gives Keys to people who will never use them, but the Devs are right with their point that Not posting doesn't mean they don't check the site or their e-mail.
I think i have come up with a solution:
When someone recieves a key he/she has a 1-2 week period to use it. If he/she doesn't use it in this period they will get a warning PM and e-mail that they have a small period of 3 extra days to use it or it will be given away to another lucky someone.
Do you approve of this idea?
If not how should it be improved?
Lets try keeping this on the front page, so the Devs see it and take notes!
WUB WUB WUB
Last edited by Rojman on May 26, 2012, 9:33:30 AM
I think this is a great idea!
"when I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story."
-Barney Stinson... a real man of genius.
i guess this is a good idea, ... this way u only have active accounts in CB, which should be better for feedback and testing.

-approved-
now we just need an admin to say yes to this...
"when I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead, true story."
-Barney Stinson... a real man of genius.
Thanks you for the feedback on my idea!
I hope a Dev comes and approves!
I wish more people would give me feedback, so the post gets bigger!
WUB WUB WUB
Last edited by Rojman on May 26, 2012, 9:49:31 AM
odds are this wont happen, as it would be more or less a coding nightmare, and if they really are going to open beta later this year it would be wasted time that could go into making the game better
"
LexSama wrote:
odds are this wont happen, as it would be more or less a coding nightmare, and if they really are going to open beta later this year it would be wasted time that could go into making the game better

It doesn't sound much like a hard one and they could have 1 guy doing this part for mostly a week im guessing it would take. This won't take much from the time the work on the game, but it will make the Beta Key giving away MUCH better and there will be more active Beta Testers not Keys that will never be used.
WUB WUB WUB
Last edited by Rojman on May 26, 2012, 9:54:12 AM
And you know... they won't say yes, because there is only one month left + it doesn't gain them cash + it's too tiring thing.

Last edited by Macronne on May 26, 2012, 10:02:08 AM
"
Macronne wrote:
And you know... they won't say yes, because there is only one month left + it doesn't gain them cash + it's too tiring thing.

For me 1 month isn't a small time and also why does it have to gain them cash? It will gain them valid Beta Testers!
WUB WUB WUB
"
Rojman wrote:

It doesn't sound much like a hard one and they could have 1 guy doing this part for mostly a week im guessing it would take. This won't take much from the time the work on the game, but it will make the Beta Key giving away MUCH better and there will be more active Beta Testers not Keys that will never be used.

ok let me put it this way, you are talking about a multi stay tracking systems with the ability to send email and know if someone has logged on, as someone who has done programing for custom servers i can tell you this is like 2-3 weeks of work and that's if they know what they are doing and already have somethings set in place

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info