Zizaran’s Class Gauntlet Event Starts on February 10!

In case anyone is wondering, the full rules (including points and such) can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/19JfhrbGGOwgnZD9I0hlOGt8dL926_v1FujKzbno2s1w/mobilebasic

It turns out that to accumulate "points", one has to record and submit videos to moderators found on the racing Discord. Both for boss kills and "flash bounties" (where you must be first in sending the video, to claim said bounty).

This all sounds rather annoying, painful and distracting... If I join, it will be as a personal challenge, I can't be bothered with those points. Have fun if you do!
"
StragusPoE wrote:
Am I the only one who has no idea what "you must submit your kills in the Path of Exile Community Racing Discord" means?

I rarely use Discord, and I fail to see the point of having to "submit" (how?) our progress somewhere.

Am I missing something?

My guess would be that you have to record ur kill and post it to the discord, but i dont use it so my guess is likely false.
Any chance of these events running on console? Obviously the rewards would need to be adjusted or removed, but it would be fun to participate along with the PC event.
What a lame event They really emphasize "Banned Skills" and "Scaling monsters" as if that adds any new aspect to the game the only reason for people to play is a fresh start and the few people who want to win prizes I hope the event is monetized only for the purpose of paying for the prize pool and not his pockets. It may be cool to watch but maybe in the future they could actually do something interesting to make it more fresh and more appealing to the average player to play.

Make an event with actual changes no need for a prize pool make the event actually interesting to play and people will play it gg noobs
events for streamers
So, basically an event from streamers? Oh well, so nice...
"
Yet again another boring gauntlet made by organizers who rinse and repeat the same perspective of making it "hard" to see who comes out on top. These gauntlets shouldn't just have added mods, this makes them extremely boring and prizes and prize pools are only for people who are unemployed/streamers and can put a significant amount of time investment into the game. 90% of the time you see they same streamers on the top of the ladder because they're aloud to put in 16-24+ hours a day or more for an event outcome that is basically the same as other gauntlets. There should be more unique things happening during these gauntlets other then just making it harder. Cool, you add MTX prizes for people who can't put in time investment like other people. But at the same time there can be alot more done on planning side of things to make these more interesting. I find it hard to believe that the same organizers are tailoring these events because the gauntlet is supposed to be a HARD CHALLENGE. But in the end you're just playing through the game with additional map mods and running mostly white/blue maps for the entirety of the event regardless whether or not you are doing yellow maps to complete a bounty... The gauntlet was cool the first few times. But now it probably has the worst player retention out of any path of exile event because the organizers only tailor these events to people who can actually waste 3/4th's of there day every day of the event to actually participate for meaningful rewards. Sure you could look at it and play it as a personal achievement and goal, but for people who actually want to participate that actually work 10-hour shifts a day like I do 6days a week, we can't actually participate in any bounties or boss kill events because there is no /played system in effect for us to compete in, its just whoever is the first to do it. These events should be looked at in a more broad perspective, and there would be more retention behind them if the organizers weren't lazy and did small tweaks. Next time think about all of the players instead of the so called "ELITE" (people who actually participate 16h days to the event). Because in the end this event is only made for like maybe 50+ people. We see the same 10 people competing every gauntlet for top placement because they actually have the time to put into these events, because none of these events are based on /played. Which is understandable considering the fact that a /played event style makes you have to min/max ur time investment with being AFK. But this is a required sacrifice for other people being able to participate. I personally would not like to see another gauntlet after this one, But if one came sure, Cool. But I would rather another event then the gauntlet happen that I could actually participate in.

The people sacrifice own time like you said 3/4 of every day and you're telling about players , who gonna stay afk and get prizes for it too.
I mean , don't talk. I have not ever played gauntlet(yes, I'am not elite :D ) but you are wrong.
If a guy want to beat a gauntlet he can take a day off or a vacation.
PoE is about of rewards , when you do something and not staying AFK.
Last edited by Atlet1c on Feb 9, 2023, 9:57:46 PM
It would be nicer if you at least give those people a free box who play your game and admire it while they cannot buy any mtx due to their economic situations.

In my end i thank you for the ziz event.

Life is take and give.
Just another casual popping in for the deets.

The whole "record kills" thing is weak.

It should be about playing the game, not being some media administrator/Discord suck-up. (edit: esp. in the context of the flash bounties, where u have to break your whole flow to ..... wait for it ..... submit a video?! OK....)

Not to mention the whole "pass the shitty software buck"* of the video obligation etc. on to the masses, instead of dealing with this centrally in some software sort of way.

(*i.e. one of those cases where devs etc. say "this feature/bug isn't that broken/harmful. simply work around it like so...", not taking into account the fact that asking 1.5 billion players to do the extra work, n times each, is practically criminal, compared to the alternative of those who control the software just putting in a relative handful of person-hours to make a change that fixes whatever issue literally "Once And For All".)

Would coding/time have to put be in by devs? Yes. Can ggg spare it? Yes. If they stop funding CCP spy balloons.

Regardless of my casualism, whether or not i play, how far i get, whether or not i win a prize (raffleraffle): this is a bad, people-hating design.

Do your sponsors know you treat people like this? Hmm....

Additionally: I wasn't going to play one of the banned skills, but banning skills is also weak. IK, IK ... they would just make it "too easy". Right.
Last edited by xSTGx on Feb 10, 2023, 1:43:14 PM
thx for great event, it's fun ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info