[3.20] Ephemeral Edge Flicker Strike Trickster - Super tanky mapper

@Dreadmaker7

I honestly don't know why it worked out so well while leveling, but I didn't have to use Frenzy (as a skill) a single time during the campaign, I bee-lined "8% chance for frenzy on uniqne enemy hit" and it just worked out :D

I was skeptical too, but as someone who plays self-imposed HC on SC (aka I reroll on character death) this was a very pleasant surprise during leveling. The only time I had to be careful was in Act 8 in the sewers, the chaos degen eats through your ES, so you have to chugg life potions during that one portion of the campaign. I was scared of Doedre at first too, but a single use of Vaal Flicker killed her anyway, haha.

Just woke up and am now gonna start blasting maps to level and make currency for the Oriath's End flask, extremely fun build, thanks again! Really hope the defenses can mitigate the innate "rippiness" of Flicker :)
Last edited by XenoPOE on Jan 9, 2023, 11:51:53 PM
"
XenoPOE wrote:
"
ValencioTYJ wrote:
Love the build! Clearing t16 with ease. One issue tho, when I import my character into POB it says "Effective Health Pool: INF", how do I configure it to show my EHP correctly?

https://pastebin.com/LCG75rrv

.edit: I tinkered with the PoB a bit and focused more on the overleech aspect, aside from that I didn't touch it too much. Really excellent build OP!

In case ppl are wondering about leveling: It is not only very easy, but also extremely potent to level with this build all the way starting from LVL38. All you need is a Ghostwrithe body armor and skill some life nodes that are on the way anyway while just following the endgame skill tree. You get so much ES from the Ghostwrithe that it carries your damage (and you are very tanky throughout the entire campaign).

If anyone's interested in my slight variation of the build with almost 3k ES overleech let me know, feels rude to just drop a PoB in another person's build guide without asking.

Hoii,
I'm definitely interested because I'm a new player and flicker strike isdefinitely my favorite spell so far but I refuse to play anythin' other than trickster sooo I'd greatly appreaciate your help on that one.
For the time bein' I'm jsut leveling 18 and followed the passives to a T but I think this is goign to be a problem withotu changin things somehow so. Yee
Hey there Dreadmaker7! I recognized your build INSTANTLY, from this reddit post that I made a few weeks ago! :P

"
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/zso7i1/me_when_i_hear_that_the_new_league_is_actually/

I read through your comment a lot to really see how it worked, and am real glad that you made an official forum guide :)
Last edited by heatfreak22 on Jan 10, 2023, 12:46:20 PM
I was not aware relics were tradeable somehow, i assumed they were bound and you couldnt get it any other way. I been however been putting nice amounts of currency into the build reaching around 10m dps atm without the relic so I will try to get it now to push further!
Relics aren't actually tradeable, but lycia's invocations are - and they allow you to corrupt the relic and basically slap a pre-determined keystone on there. So essentially you get a nice relic that you like, then you can buy precise technique that way, and you're good to go.
"
JJitsuBoy98 wrote:
So I can’t get my last node blue on bronn. Didn’t do the jewelers orb trick smh. What would you recommend on a red node or green node for my last six slot. I’m using fortify at the moment. Wonder how much dps loss that is vs lighting pen. I have six slot skin of loyal that gives me about five k more energy shield but about 10 k less sheet dps however it does have the lighting pen gem which doesn’t effect the sheet dps so it might be similar. Fortify might add some tankiness though. Still learning. Doing pretty good so far.

Hey! So to get what you need on the bronn's lithe, I would use syndicate crafting. Basically, self-craft 3 reds with the crafting bench (the recipe, not the "trick" you're talking about - I think it costs 120 jeweler's, but not sure). Then, when you've got 3 reds and presumably 3 green, you just need to get vorici in research, and yolo it. As long as 1 green is turned white, you're good, and probably going to do better than that if he was 4 stars. That's how I got mine!

In terms of replacements, fortify isn't _terrible_ - on my current tree, that would be roughly 500k less DPS. However, the better option would be Ruthless, which funny enough is a 100k DPS _increase_ at my current level of gear assuming that you're getting a source of lightning exposure from somewhere. If you aren't getting any lightning exposure, it's obviously a loss.
Small update/experiences from me.

Leveled and then Alch&Go'd T16s from LVL80 to 98 in just 2 days without incident. Sanctums and Chayula stones were smooth too!

I tried the unique flasks but ultimately ditched them again. The added clear from Oriath's End I just couldn't feel and the Bottled Faith felt too situational, so I just opted for a maximum uptime defensive setup, but that's of course totally up to preference.

Also got lucky with a double corrupted Bronne's and focusing more on the overleech aspect (up to 3k leech now) felt very worth to me. The Lightning Damage boot enchant adds almost as much single target damage when pinnacle bossing as the Bottled Faith, which was a nice surprise.

Overall my personal build of the league thus far, thanks one last time for sharing it. :D

Final gear and tree setup for potential overleech enthusiasts:

https://pastebin.com/1wRP5P70

(For single target damage disable 'Do You Have Onslaught' and 'Have You Killed Recently'. Note that both DPS numbers are almost identical, which feels nice for consistency.)

Last edited by XenoPOE on Jan 12, 2023, 12:46:43 AM
How does this build compare to the CI int stacker build?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I only ever learned how to properly build the Paradoxica Flicker, if even that. I've never gotten to level 100 before and since I love flicker, I wanted to try other types of flicker since my budget Paradoxica Raider seems to be hitting a DPS/tanky wall.

Hows the budget to get this started compared to the Int stacker, if you're familiar with it. How does it compare to it in scaling?

I wanna try this or the Int stacker, but I'm torn.
Last edited by poe626190 on Jan 12, 2023, 7:59:29 AM
"
poe626190 wrote:
How does this build compare to the CI int stacker build?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I only ever learned how to properly build the Paradoxica Flicker, if even that. I've never gotten to level 100 before and since I love flicker, I wanted to try other types of flicker since my budget Paradoxica Raider seems to be hitting a DPS/tanky wall.

Hows the budget to get this started compared to the Int stacker, if you're familiar with it. How does it compare to it in scaling?

I wanna try this or the Int stacker, but I'm torn.

Well, I haven't played an int-stacking version for quite some time, to be fair, so I probably am not the best person to ask there. But, from what I remember, this build will be _much_ tankier, and have less damage (which is frankly fine in most applications).

In terms of cost, they're both similar, although you can get mine started much cheaper, I think. The top end is going to be very similar, because both of them want max int rolls on stuff, and lightning damage, and if you're going CI with your int stacker, you'll want a lot of the same defensive rolls, they're just more important with my build than with the int stacker. I think overall mine will be cheaper, but they're going to be in the same ballpark.

Honestly, the cool part here is that I *think*, assuming you'd do trickster or assassin int stacker, you could actually try mine, and if you don't like it, a lot of the gear will be similar, so the transition to an int stacker would be quite easy.

hi im been leveling this character im wondering which part of the skill tree should i go for while leveling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info