[3.20] Ephemeral Edge Flicker Strike Trickster - Super tanky mapper

Thank you Dreadmaker for the build, I'm having a lot of fun and it's really tanky. It could be my first lvl 100 !

I'm around 4.7M dps and looking for my next step but everything seems very expensive. Maybe I hit the ceiling for the moment. Could you look if you see something I could do that's not 50divs ? My PoB is https://pastebin.com/qvxKSUZ6
Absolutely love this build. I've made it to 97 so far, and I've died only twice, both times to a harvest monster after my bleed + corrupted blood flask ran out.

I also finally found a pair of boots to craft on and wanted to share my adventure!

1. Buy a pair of Unwavering Stance ES boots (3div)
3. Gilded fossil to 29/30%
2. Hit with Deafening Essence of Spite until you're happy with the suffixes
3. Suffixes can't be changed with the new Wild Bristle Matron beast (saves you about .7 div)
4. Close your eyes and hit it with a veiled chaos, hoping not to fill.
5. Craft mana
7. Unveil movespeed
8. Craft mana again and slam with an ex (somehow hit flat ES first go)
9. Finish off with %ES craft

Honestly it felt pretty unethical to get all this on the first go, and it was made a lot easier by having my second shock avoidance on a jewel so I didn't have to worry about the boots.

Finished craft:
Last edited by Jooblee on Jan 20, 2023, 5:22:16 PM
"
Dreadmaker7 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Thanks the for the guide!

First time playing Flicker Strike and I'm following the PoB, but I noticed there's four free gem slots. Is that intentionnal? Is there something nice that could go there?

No reason! I never came to a good conclusion for what to include there - Feel free to add what you like.

I ended up using CWDT lvl 1/Awakened Hextouch/ball lightning lvl 1/Conductivity. I found that dropping two totems *and* applying a curse was too much buttons for me, so I went that route for QoL. I'm losing some dps from the less effect of Hextouch, but it applies automatically pretty effectively, as we're taking hits constantly.

I'm having a blast with the build! I'm saving for a GG belt, then gloves. If I can stop clicking too many altars and dying, I might even get to lvl 95 :P Thanks for the guide, the notes section in the PoB is super useful.
What are your thoughts about Vessel of Vinktar as a budget option? We're already immune to shock. It's no Bottled Faith, but it's 3% more damage and protects against lightning (20% less damage taken). It's only 20C for a good roll.
If anyone would be so kind as to point out the next few upgrades, here's my PoB : https://pastebin.com/CSityt8J

I still need to level a bit. + charges implicits are way out of my budget right now (70div!), so I'm looking for a couple improvements that could get me from the 3M DPS I have right now to the 6M in the PoB.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
If anyone would be so kind as to point out the next few upgrades, here's my PoB : https://pastebin.com/CSityt8J

I still need to level a bit. + charges implicits are way out of my budget right now (70div!), so I'm looking for a couple improvements that could get me from the 3M DPS I have right now to the 6M in the PoB.

The cheapest upgrades I see right off the bat are:

* Defense catalyst on your rings + Amulet
* Added lightning damage boot enchant (1 div via lab runner, or a fun afternoon of labs)
* Attack speed suffix instead of movespeed on flasks
* Elemental damage on your belt instead of mana (probably have to start from scratch)
* Lightning damage penetration on the helm instead of res eff, and then change your exarch to reduced mana cost of skills if you are having mana issues
* 3% increased damage per charge mastery looks like slightly higher DPS than smite the weak for you right now
* Level 21 aura gems
* Flat damage on jewels helps a ton, so targeting those with your next few levels would be ideal
* If you're not tight on res, a cheap pair of the +1 gloves is a pretty big boost. Just alt spam for +1 frenzy on a high percentile pair of sorc gloves, buy a pair of intimated gloves, woke orb them together, and then work with what you get. If you have an open prefix and suffix, probably just go for prefixes cant be change and harvest defense. Then you could multi mod the suffixes or just block and slam.
I am dying a bit too often in 60% delirous maps when I open breaches + multiple Eater altars.
I think the build, for now, is too dependent on flasks being up for defences and in delirious content it can take time for flasks to fill.
While I do enjoy the build, I am starting to feel a bit disappointed by the investment / survivability ratio (still can't do 30 simulacrum, a flawless Esh requires 6 portals ad some random mob combinations can be lethal)

I think I will now try to push to 100, using Chayula breaches (Pure ones cost way too much :( )

But then I am not sure what to do. In honest situations, i.e. without flasks and low probability buffs, I have 5m dps and about 200k eHP. (with flasks and various buffs, it can shoot to 7-8m)

https://pastebin.com/TgKP0K43
You can see the optimal dps by enabling flasks, monster on consecrated ground, Innervation active (can trigger on uniques), onslaught (can trigger even without a flask), rage (I'd say 1-5 rage max, unless in heavy mob content like simulacrum where you can stay at 50 as long as there are monsters). Real dps would still be slightly higher due to cull on counter attack.

I can increase my dps a bit with a better belt, waiting for one to be on the market. (I want to smash my screen every time I attempt to craft).

I then have 5 points to use for when I am 100. The main options are:
* the leech way: can be a lot of survivability and dps (depends on which mastery I pick)
* the armour way (variosu options between Adamant + anti crit, Fleetfot or Courage)
* the suppression way (PoB thinks it is the most optimal way for eHP increase) Inveterate or other variations
* the full dps way with Primeval force. I honestly did not expect this to be so strong, but when you update the shock effect it gives, the dps increase is insane (around 1m). But it wouldn't help my survivability
Last edited by Zepepsico on Jan 29, 2023, 6:31:46 AM
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Hey Zepepsico - thanks for going so far with the build, and I really enjoyed looking through your POB and seeing where you've arrived at.

I have a couple of very easy wins for you that will straight up take your DPS up to 6 million in an "honest" setting, without any gimmicks, and you'll be delighted to know that they're not even that hard to do. :)

First things first: The helmet. You've done the thing that I originally wanted to do, which is the hunter influenced deterministic +%intelligence helm that's very easy to craft. Turns out, you can get a ton more DPS out of an exarch/eater helm.

I took your POB helm, removed the %intelligence, and added the eater/exarch implicits we care about: conductivity curse effect when in the presence of a unique, and attack damage when in the presence of a unique. No kidding, that gives you an extra 327,000 DPS, and that's with low-to-mid tier versions of those implicits - if you had them perfectly at level 4/6, it'd be a good deal higher - that's just really unlikely, so I went for a realistic one.

Then, there's the boot enchant. The boot enchant for adding 1-160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently gives you 400,000 DPS, just about.

Finally, on your cluster jewel, you actually have something that gives you a chance to maim, and 40% increased attack damage when you hit a maimed thing - you have maim turned off in your options, which is unrealistic given how frequently you're hitting, so I turned that on, and that adds some damage too.

With only those adjustments, my version of your POB is at 5.98 mil DPS, and then if you turn on all the fun stuff, you're pushing 7 million.

Some extra suggestions:
-----------------------------
You probably realize, but your cluster jewel isn't great. The fact that you have 3 notables is a bit of a deal breaker, because it means you have to burn 2 extra points to get to your mana leech, which is the whole reason we're doing that jewel, basically (well, and the jewel sockets - that's why it's a cluster and not just nodes on the tree). If you only had 2 notables, you'd be able to save 2 points, and that's not a small thing, so I'd definitely push for that.

I would strongly recommend Primeval force. That puts your DPS (using my pob here) to 6.5 mil, assuming you have any flask up at all, and that isn't at all factoring in the increased shock effect. Keep in mind that if you fix your cluster jewel, you're already most of the way there to getting that. Alternatively, of course, you can just level a bunch, but still - that's the way to go, IMO.

Finally, I would also recommend swapping out your quicksilver flask for an onslaught flask. Although you might lose a little movement speed, it's a flicker build, so we don't the most care about that, and onslaught cranks up your DPS by a lot - on top of all of the changes I've mentioned here - when only it's up, you're up to 6.9 mil dps - an additional ~450k if you already had a flask up, 600k if you didn't (because of primeval force).
---------------------------

So at the end of all of this, for the price of A) some lab runs, B) a new helmet, and C) some levels, or a new cluster and fewer levels - you're at nearly 7 million "honest" single-target DPS. (8 million "it's go time" DPS), and that's without the belt improvement that you were looking at that I haven't factored in at all here.

This is a difference you'll certainly feel.

And when it comes to tankiness, I would imagine that you will feel a lot tankier too, because things will be dying much, much faster. It'll work wonders for your farming, and that will help you quite a bit for wave 30 sim, for instance. Hopefully this has been helpful!
"
Dreadmaker7 wrote:
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Hey Zepepsico - thanks for going so far with the build, and I really enjoyed looking through your POB and seeing where you've arrived at.

I have a couple of very easy wins for you that will straight up take your DPS up to 6 million in an "honest" setting, without any gimmicks, and you'll be delighted to know that they're not even that hard to do. :)

First things first: The helmet. You've done the thing that I originally wanted to do, which is the hunter influenced deterministic +%intelligence helm that's very easy to craft. Turns out, you can get a ton more DPS out of an exarch/eater helm.

I took your POB helm, removed the %intelligence, and added the eater/exarch implicits we care about: conductivity curse effect when in the presence of a unique, and attack damage when in the presence of a unique. No kidding, that gives you an extra 327,000 DPS, and that's with low-to-mid tier versions of those implicits - if you had them perfectly at level 4/6, it'd be a good deal higher - that's just really unlikely, so I went for a realistic one.

Then, there's the boot enchant. The boot enchant for adding 1-160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently gives you 400,000 DPS, just about.

Finally, on your cluster jewel, you actually have something that gives you a chance to maim, and 40% increased attack damage when you hit a maimed thing - you have maim turned off in your options, which is unrealistic given how frequently you're hitting, so I turned that on, and that adds some damage too.

With only those adjustments, my version of your POB is at 5.98 mil DPS, and then if you turn on all the fun stuff, you're pushing 7 million.

Some extra suggestions:
-----------------------------
You probably realize, but your cluster jewel isn't great. The fact that you have 3 notables is a bit of a deal breaker, because it means you have to burn 2 extra points to get to your mana leech, which is the whole reason we're doing that jewel, basically (well, and the jewel sockets - that's why it's a cluster and not just nodes on the tree). If you only had 2 notables, you'd be able to save 2 points, and that's not a small thing, so I'd definitely push for that.

I would strongly recommend Primeval force. That puts your DPS (using my pob here) to 6.5 mil, assuming you have any flask up at all, and that isn't at all factoring in the increased shock effect. Keep in mind that if you fix your cluster jewel, you're already most of the way there to getting that. Alternatively, of course, you can just level a bunch, but still - that's the way to go, IMO.

Finally, I would also recommend swapping out your quicksilver flask for an onslaught flask. Although you might lose a little movement speed, it's a flicker build, so we don't the most care about that, and onslaught cranks up your DPS by a lot - on top of all of the changes I've mentioned here - when only it's up, you're up to 6.9 mil dps - an additional ~450k if you already had a flask up, 600k if you didn't (because of primeval force).
---------------------------

So at the end of all of this, for the price of A) some lab runs, B) a new helmet, and C) some levels, or a new cluster and fewer levels - you're at nearly 7 million "honest" single-target DPS. (8 million "it's go time" DPS), and that's without the belt improvement that you were looking at that I haven't factored in at all here.

This is a difference you'll certainly feel.

And when it comes to tankiness, I would imagine that you will feel a lot tankier too, because things will be dying much, much faster. It'll work wonders for your farming, and that will help you quite a bit for wave 30 sim, for instance. Hopefully this has been helpful!

Thank you for the detailed reply.

The easy bits:

- duh I forgot to turn maim on. That was the point of that node.
- the boot enchant, I am indeed aware of, and I just need to either change my boots or get motivated by some lab runs. But yes, it is indeed on my to-do list.
- Primeval as per my post. I will path to it (+the ailment mastery), but really it is for the extra shock effect which is insane. I recall the whole wheel giving maybe 400k, but the shock another 600k. Without the shock effect, I would not go on that wheel (conditional on flask, and the average per point is lower than a cluster)

The bits I'll look into and analyse:

- the helm. I spent quite a bit on it, and it was the best dps I could add to my budget at the time. I'll have to be careful with it, but yes I understand the logic. However, don't forget that my helm with all its extra int also give me a ton of ehp versus a more classical one. So a delicate balancing act that I will need to think about
- I have 20% chance of a 4 sec onslaught on hit with riposte on a 0.8 sec CD. So generally up during mapping, and more up during a boss fight than if I had an empty flask. Note that my counter attack link gives me onslaught, cull, innervate (even against bosses) and rage (that one is only noticeable in simulacrums. I'll check if a flask changes much.

The bits where I argue a different outcome:

- the cluster. One of my previous posts here recommended not to go for the mana single node as something like my cluster is much more efficient. What am I looking for in my cluster? Fuel the fight, which is a mana leech + a VERY good dps, Feed the Fury which is one of the best nodes for us! You can't beat 30% damage and 15% AS!!! It is probably 8-9% dps. But these 2 cannot roll in a 2 node cluster with the right configuration. The question becomes whether a 3 node cluster is efficient or not? If we consider that my weakest node is the one I need to justify, I get with Smite the Weak + travel node 52% damage (and whatever you can roll on the travel node) + maim. That's 26% damage per node, that is stronger than most other offensive options we may have. 300k for 2 nodes! Once I path to Primevale, there are no other 2, 3 or 4 nodes options that give anywhere this return on investment. I could have a slightly better option than Smite the Weak, and better rolls for the minor nodes, but that's about it in my opinion.
Try and check on your own tree a cluster like mine (or a bit better with budget) and you may be surprised that it could be more efficient than some of your weaker nodes (don't forget though to turn in the options leeching always on).

Hi all,

I've been trying out this build as it seemed like an interesting take on a skill that I've always enjoyed.

I'm still firmly in the 'budget' stage of developing the build filling out my equipment (I have all the "mandatory" items), and whilst I'm enjoying it, I'm also experiencing a problem that most people here don't seem to be suffering from.

The guide indicates that frenzy charge's aren't a problem and the build has enough to manage in this regard, but I'm having serious issues with it.

I've got all the frenzy charge generation tools that the build has outlined (with the exception of awakened multistrike, which is priced well beyond my means to acquire) and I've even invested in mark on hit/poachers mark (with quality) as well as the mark mastery node to try and help alleviate the problem.

Despite this I seem simply unable to reliably generate or sustain frenzy charges. My character will happily flicker strike and generate 1-2 charges, but I'm never (or very, very rarely) able to generate more than this and I bounce between 0-2 charges consistently. Its also not uncommon for me to run out of charges entirely and be forced to wait a few seconds for the cooldown to expire before I can flicker again.

I note that this lack of frenzy charge generation/sustain is consistent whether I'm fighting a single target or mapping through packs. I just don't seem to be able to push past 1-2 frenzy charges at most.

I can.....sort of prop my progress up with Vaal Flicker Strike, which will push me up to my max frenzy charges (8 currently, I don't yet have the ring implicit), but the charges will then gradually drop as I continue to flicker until I find myself back in the position of being between 0-2 charges again. Vaal Flicker on its own doesn't quite seem to be enough to overcome the problem, even though it does help somewhat.

This feels pretty bad because at low frenzy charges, everything is slower, lacking the move/attack speed bonuses of having a higher amount of them, and because I'm leaving quite a bit of damage on the table constantly being low on frenzy charges.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to explain this issue, as I seem to be fairly well in line with the earlier parts/stage of the guide as its written I'd welcome any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or any suggestions I might try, as not being able to generate frenzy charges reliably is providing a bit of a fundamental barrier to playing the build as it stands.

Thanks very much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info