You cannot do this action while muted

I had noticed the last day or two at least people weren't responding to what I said in global chat when I asked my somewhat noobish questions; I had assumed it was just because they WERE somewhat noobish questions.

However, when I went to try to join a party to kill cruel oak, I got the message "you cannot do this action while muted". Now, I am not a spammer; I did engage in a rather heated discussion of marijuana in global chat the other night which I am guessing may have been seen as trolling? I don't know.

How do I find out if this is an accidental muting or not? And if it is intentional, how do I know how much time is left on it/when I can do groups again? Being stuck in progression for an unknown period of time is not fun; it would have been nice to know I was muted before trying to join a group as well.

Just to be clear, it MAY VERY WELL BE I deserved the mute at the time (I was not necessarily possessing all my faculties at the time of the conversation), but I want to know if it is a result of that or an accident, and how much time is left on it if so. Please keep the "lololol you deserve it DIAF" out of this thread.
Last bumped on Jul 20, 2014, 11:18:55 AM
contact support and they can tell you what's going.

If you're lucky, perhaps Bex or another of the GGG support staff will see this thread and help you.

I'd still send the e-mail while you wait for a response here on the forum.

Best of luck
Hey there,

I've investigated your account and you had been muted due to a technical error. I've unmuted your account and you should now be able to participate freely in game. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you continue to experience this issue please email us at "support@grindinggear.com"

Kind regards,
Bex
Im having this same issue can someone help me here?
"
Myth1C wrote:
Im having this same issue can someone help me here?

Resolved :D
i have same problem here hardly did chat with anyone and played coop with other players one time one minute have no idea why I was muted please help
If you experience the same problem and are muted, it's much more effective to just send an email to the address listed in the Contact Support link at the top of the page. Support staff are the only people who can remove your mute, and they don't always come around these forums.

The sure-fire way to get in contact with them to get this resolved more quickly is to just contact them directly.
"
snow2662 wrote:
i have same problem here hardly did chat with anyone and played coop with other players one time one minute have no idea why I was muted please help

Hey there, the mute was added in error.
I've removed it from your account, apologies for the hassle :(

"
Drakier wrote:
If you experience the same problem and are muted, it's much more effective to just send an email to the address listed in the Contact Support link at the top of the page. Support staff are the only people who can remove your mute, and they don't always come around these forums.

The sure-fire way to get in contact with them to get this resolved more quickly is to just contact them directly.

Thank you kindly once again :)
Hello, just wanted to report that I'm also experiencing the same problem. Thanks!
Last edited by Stoire on Apr 16, 2013, 2:41:52 PM
me too, for the second time in a couple of days :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info