[3.24] Splitting Steel Champ - All Uniques, Cheap League Start, Mapping, MF, Sanctum

Hi, im a new player and was wondering if it would be possible to have more details on the gear to get earlier into the game

EDIT: thank you so much, I look forward to trying this build out.
Last edited by AntsInMyAssJohnson on Apr 4, 2023, 8:47:09 PM
"
Hi, im a new player and was wondering if it would be possible to have more details on the gear to get earlier into the game

Hi, welcome to the game!

Actually, a lot of the gear this build calls for is already commonly used early on:

Thrillsteel, The Magnate, Chains of Emancipation, Kaom's Spirit, Carnage Heart, Lioneye's Vision, Overflowing Chalice, Replica Wings are all considered League Starter gear.

Now, being a new player you may struggle a bit to buy them early on, since they are pretty popular at League start, but they will still be common enough that you'll be able to easily afford them just by doing Double-Chaos Recipe:

Then as you progress into endgame, you'll start to swap the cheap versions for double-Corrupted ones, as you can find/afford them.

As far as what you use while leveling, just whatever the game drops basically.

You'll want a nice 2H Axe by the time you start grabbing Axe nodes in the tree, but before that either a 2H Axe or 2H Sword will work just fine! This is an exclusively Physical Damage build, but up until we pickup Brutality, you'll want any type of Damage boost and Attack Speed.

Besides that, you want lots of Red/Green Sockets on Armour/Evasion gear that has good Resistances, and again, with as much Attack Speed and Physical Damage as you can find.

Also, don't struggle too much trying to get good gear while leveling; you're going to replace it all, so just keep moving forward with whatever you can.

Finally, ALWAYS remember to keep your Accuracy Rating higher than Life, so you don't miss out on the damage boost from Precise Technique.

Hope that helps!

GL
Last edited by corosou on Apr 4, 2023, 11:07:24 AM
Been wanting to get back to Shattering Steel for a while, stopped playing it when the introduced Call of Steel.

Considering the potentially crazy cost of getting good crucible trees on uniques in 3.21 it's probable that using rares with good trees (depending on how OP the tree nodes are) will deal more damage than the current setup. At least until you get the current weapons with good trees.
"
Been wanting to get back to Shattering Steel for a while, stopped playing it when the introduced Call of Steel.

Considering the potentially crazy cost of getting good crucible trees on uniques in 3.21 it's probable that using rares with good trees (depending on how OP the tree nodes are) will deal more damage than the current setup. At least until you get the current weapons with good trees.

Thx for checking out the build!

And yes, you can def go crazy expensive 2H Axe as well, but before doing that, give Replica Wings a try.

The speed feels amazing, even without taking advantage of its Crit bonus, it's a very fun weapon to map with.

One small detail you might not have taken into account is that not a lot of builds are doing 2H Axe, Impale, Physical Projectiles, so there might be a better supply than you think.

Either way, can't wait to see how Crucible trees reshape the build and the market overall!

GL
"
corosou wrote:
"

Thx for checking out the build!

And yes, you can def go crazy expensive 2H Axe as well, but before doing that, give Replica Wings a try.

The speed feels amazing, even without taking advantage of its Crit bonus, it's a very fun weapon to map with.

One small detail you might not have taken into account is that not a lot of builds are doing 2H Axe, Impale, Physical Projectiles, so there might be a better supply than you think.

Either way, can't wait to see how Crucible trees reshape the build and the market overall!

GL

I'll definitely try your build, for sure. I'm thinking also going for a dual weild sword/crit variant later in the league. I did such a build when Shattering Steel was originally released and it was quite insane. I think it probably can scale better, but the gear is gonna have to be insane xD

People gonna be throwing their builds out, those crucible trees gonna be pog (I hope)!
Last edited by corneredreality on Apr 4, 2023, 7:44:20 PM
"

I'll definitely try your build, for sure. I'm thinking also going for a dual weild sword/crit variant later in the league. I did such a build when Shattering Steel was originally released and it was quite insane. I think it probably can scale better, but the gear is gonna have to be insane xD

People gonna be throwing their builds out, those crucible trees gonna be pog (I hope)!

Sweet! Keep us updated on what you do with ur toon, it's always nice to see what others come up with.

GL
3.21 Yo Ruetoo..

Homies in my guild mentioned you happened upon my guide, so I checked out the Vid and figured I'd answer a few of your questions...

It's basically all uniques cuz I'm cheap, and I just like to see how many I can get working together in something that performs reasonably well in endgame, cuz why not?

If it works, I get to share it, others get to try it and judge it for themselves. Whatever doesn't work, I don't share, as to not mislead people.

Not much to the build... perma Onslaught, buffed Ancestral Protector, Impale, Precise Technique.

One detail you may or may not be aware of is that Enduring Cry + Kaom's Spirit = ~25 Rage on Warcry, and if you switch in Chains of Emancipation, you can somewhat spam Berserk on cooldown.

Nimis itself feels pretty good with Splitting, even without doing anything related to Far Shot/Projectile Travel Distance.

The Beltimber stuff sounds dope! Hope it works out.

Let me know if you'd like to borrow any gear to test.

GL

EDIT: Saw u were looking for some Mino kills, here ya go (without Pride btw)

With Atziri's:
https://streamable.com/0w0z49
https://streamable.com/i6xlop

With Replica Wings and 44% More Monster Life:
https://streamable.com/j3ukh5

Spoiler

Last edited by corosou on Apr 5, 2023, 1:02:07 PM
"
corosou wrote:
"

Sweet! Keep us updated on what you do with ur toon, it's always nice to see what others come up with.

GL

Just threw this https://pobb.in/g1jIJO8QD8EM together, barely optimized, but shows promise. I think I will also keep Forbidden Flesh/Flame with Bane of Legends to run stockpiles of reflect maps. Will start optimizing once I get to endgame in Crucible and see what kind of gear I have. Though I think dual-wielding will probably also provide more flexibility from the weapon trees. In any case, Paradoxica will cost a lot more this league, but probably less than a good 650 pdps foil that can match it in dmg.
Last edited by corneredreality on Apr 5, 2023, 6:56:35 AM
"

Just threw this https://pobb.in/g1jIJO8QD8EM together, barely optimized, but shows promise. I think I will also keep Forbidden Flesh/Flame with Bane of Legends to run stockpiles of reflect maps. Will start optimizing once I get to endgame in Crucible and see what kind of gear I have. Though I think dual-wielding will probably also provide more flexibility from the weapon trees. In any case, Paradoxica will cost a lot more this league, but probably less than a good 650 pdps foil that can match it in dmg.

Looking good! Don't forget Leadership's Price Brittle if going Crit.

GL
Hi, I'll league start with this build and probably end with it because I ususally do only one build per league.

I have one minor question about the ThrillSteel Helmet - Thanks to Thread of Hope, we have the access to the Hatchet Master notable. If I were to farm mostly juiced maps, wouldn't it have been better to have different helmet? And if so, what would you then suggest?
Some influenced helm or another interesting unique? or maybe T1 spell suppress and spell suppress mastery cluster with spell suppress is lucky for another minor layer of defence?

Thank for the really nice build and guide :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info