[3.20 HC] Hierophant Black Cane Storm Burst Totems--Pinnacle Bosses down (Videos)

"
Orion72 wrote:
"
PeaceAndLove wrote:
Fyi formatting broke on OP hiding a bunch of content you can only see if you quote it.

Apologies, I don't understand this one. Guide all still seems to be accessible by clicking on the spoilers. Did you mean something else and I am just not understanding?

-O

I believe he was mentioning that the Gear, Links, Pantheon, POB etc are all consolidated under the Explanation of Defence which isn't intuitive.

Sorry to hear you RIP'd.

Two more questions for you: How much does Conc Effect in your main damage links affect your clear speed? How necessary is Multi totem in your Phantasm totem?
Ahh, that makes sense, thank you. This has now been fixed--I was missing a close spoiler. No worries about the rip--truth is it's an opportunity to practice some of the high lvl content in standard and post a few videos. Just did one of Maven. Not hard--one death because I don't have enough practice, but you will see that it was easily avoidable. Fight overall felt very reasonable.

I do not feel like conc effect noticeably reduces clear speed, given the totems' auto-targetting. It was a little more of an issue with self cast at first, but I feel that was overcome with limited practice.

Multi-totem is absolutely necessary because when bossing, you want to have two totems keeping your phantasms going while all four dpsing totems are doing their thing without giving any of them up to bring the phanstasms back. I have run the build with summon phantasm in the main links, but that is a dramatic dps loss. Current totem set up is the result of a ton of trial and error.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 28, 2022, 7:52:41 PM
Promised video of build vs. Maven in Standard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivw7TaRkpsk

-O
Deathless Uber-Atziri in Standard: https://youtu.be/22Vi7fNUToo
-O
And Deathless Uber Elder (a fight I am historically bad at) https://youtu.be/VBLxAjI4IHo

I figure that should be sufficient for now.

-O
hi can someone explain why there's 3 storm burst skills and what order/how I'm suppose to be using them really want to give this build a try. ty in advance :)
"
Matenkai wrote:
hi can someone explain why there's 3 storm burst skills and what order/how I'm suppose to be using them really want to give this build a try. ty in advance :)

It's under Build overview>Explanation of offense, but here's the copy paste to make it easy:

The first is storm burst>Spell totem>Multiple totems>Summon Phantasm>Cull>[Inc duration]. These totems maintain our phantasms (and hence a large chunk of our base phys stormburst damage) and add some extra clear speed and damage. We socket this one in our body armour.

The second is our main damage source: Storm Burst>Spell totem>Physical to Lightning>Increased Duration. By midgame, we socket these in an Insanity Essence Crafted helm for an additional 50% more phys as lightning (which, since both stormburst and phantasmal might are phys based, is a true 50% more multiplier). For endgame, we will use insanity essences on an Elder helm looking to roll Supported by Conc Effect. Per Craft of Exile, you should succeed roughly 1 time in 12. The endgame helm is, essentially, a 6.5 link.

The third is self-cast stormburst>Infused Channelling(20Q asap)>Increased duration. Because we go Ancestral bond, this setup does 0 damage. However, once fully leveled and once we have the duration part of our tree complete, it takes only 0.6 seconds of channeling to gain infusion, which then lasts 15 seconds. Because stormburst carries both phys and lightning tags, infusion provides a 20% more damage multiplier. Just for holding down a button slightly longer than half a second once per 15.

To add a little bit of gameplay advice (in case that was what you were looking for): When playing, start by summoning the first type of totem to ramp the phantasms all the way up. Then continue by summoning the second type of totems as you map or move through a zone. Repeat step one periodically or if you notice the number of phantasms dropping (there's a counter on the buff bar to help keep track). When bossing, just maintain two of the first type of totem and four of the second type of totem. Channel the third self-cast stormburst periodically when it is safe to do so to keep up the infusion buff for 20% more damage.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jan 23, 2023, 10:49:05 PM
hi there,
(excuse my poor english its not my native language)
just to say I tried your build on a reroll, and its really fun to play. Since I have switched to totems, the campaign was very easy, I rolled on everything. I am now on lvl 83 and mappin (14 so far) and I think this build has a very good potential. I am very tough to kill, even if I got plenty of things to improve (life pool arond 3500 its not enough). Thanks for this !

edit : have you tried victario's shield ? It gives you a lot of charges, I think its nearly a Bis on this build.
Last edited by Menmaatra on Jan 30, 2023, 7:31:12 AM
"
Matenkai wrote:

Very glad you are having fun! Downside of Victario's shield vs a +1 totem shaper shield is the loss of the totem. I'm not sure the charges add enough damage to make that worth.

Wishing you good luck!

-O
"
Orion72 wrote:
"
Matenkai wrote:

Very glad you are having fun! Downside of Victario's shield vs a +1 totem shaper shield is the loss of the totem. I'm not sure the charges add enough damage to make that worth.

Wishing you good luck!

-O

Yep, I will try a +1 totem shaper as you said to make my opinion. Besides, I runned a lvl 83 heist blueprint that gave me a lot of divines, now I got the money. Today I downed The Purifier, and it was very easy, this build rocks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info