Awakened POE Trade for Mac 3.22 (with mods available!)

UPDATE 8 DEC 2023. It appears that the original author, in collaboration with @hsource, has successfully enabled Awakened PoE Trade to work on MacOS, as seen here: https://github.com/SnosMe/awakened-poe-trade/releases. Try using this release first!.

Hey everyone. When using a MacOS package in this thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3129523/page/1 I've encountered a problem with checking an item price - there were no mods available to check.

So, to fix that, I forked the original Awakened POE trade repository and created a fix. All source code available in the repository: https://github.com/phen0menon/awakened-poe-trade

BONUS: Looking for Path of Building for Mac? Try out PoB for Mac 3.22 by arciinus

How to install

0. Make sure that:
- you don't have any existing instance running. To shutdown all awakened-poe-trade instances, run this in the terminal: pkill -f awakened
- you completely deleted the previous version of the app (including app's cache located in (/Users/<user>/Library/Application\ Support/awakened-poe-trade) and only after that setup a new one

1. Download the .dmg from the link: https://github.com/phen0menon/awakened-poe-trade/releases

- if you're using M1 (M2) Mac, download arm64 version
- otherwise (Intel Chip), download universal version

then run .dmg and move it to Applications folder

2. IMPORTANT: Set accessibility permissions for Awakened POE Trade application in the OS settings. It's better to add the app by clicking "+" button manually (if there is already existing Awakened POE Trade - delete it and add again).

3. Run the app by opening /Applications and right-click on the app and then Open (IMPORTANT for MacOS >= Ventura)

4. Run POE, check if it worked (Shift + Space)
4.1. If there was an error during steps 3-4, re-run the app.
4.2. If there is an error after all steps, check HELP section before publishing a message to the thread.

IMPORTANT

If you encountered some issues, read and reproduce ALL of these sections at least 2-3 times (yes, because you can miss something at the first steps) before posting a question to the thread !!! That's important because people who faced "unsolvable" problems eventually solved and launched everything perfectly after trying ALL the steps several times.. respect other people's time.

The MacOS awakened app may not work with Alt bindings correctly, so don't use it in bindings for price checking. Use Cmd instead.

Non-auto hide mode may work with other bindings, but honestly we use only Shift + Alt + D. So I recommend you to bind non-hide mode to this hotkeys. then move cursor to an item and press Shift + Option + D. You can also try Shift + D binding.

HELP

Fullscreen mode doesn't work
Spoiler
Complete support for fullscreen mode doesn't exist, however here's how I managed to run awakened in the fullscreen:
- run POE;
- run the awakened and RIGHT AFTER THAT open POE window (it should be fullscreened).
This works for my friends and me.

The app crashes (Awakened POE Trade is damaged and can't be opened) or requires accessibility permissions every run
Spoiler
Try running this in the Terminal:

sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Awakened\ PoE\ Trade.app

If this didn't work, try the following steps:
- Remove the directory at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/awakened-poe-trade
- Follow the custom build steps
- Allow accessibility
- Run `/Applications/Awakened\ PoE\ Trade.app/Contents/MacOS/Awakened\ PoE\ Trade` in terminal

If even this didn't work, check https://www.iphonetricks.org/app-is-damaged-and-cant-be-opened-ventura/

The price-check window hides when the mouse moves
Spoiler
There is a small problem with auto-hide mode when selecting some mods for price checking. However, there are two ways to avoid that:
1. You can use non-auto hide mode. Just bind it, for example, on `Ctrl + Shift + D` in the POE Trade settings.
2. When you open the window with auto-hide mode (`Ctrl + D`), try pressing Shift + Space right after that. It will show the mouse and fix the window. Note that you need to keep the mouse pointer on the window or (and) inventory, otherwise it may hide, for example, in the left area outside of the price-check window.

Other non-listed issues

Spoiler
You're probably using different MacOS version or an Intel Mac. Note that I have only Mac M1 Pro on Ventura OS and since that I cannot test it on other environments and don't have a lot of time for investigating the issue. If you really want to run the fixed Awakened for Mac, I'd recommend you to create a your own build based on your machine. It is stupid simple, just follow the steps in the section below.

How to create a build based on your machine and OS
Spoiler
1. Install Node.JS: https://nodejs.org/en/download/
2. Clone the GitHub repository: https://github.com/phen0menon/awakened-poe-trade. To clone, click on the green button with label Code and download with any way
2.1. (Optional - in the case if you downloaded the .zip) Unarchive the .zip you just downloaded
3. Open the project folder. Go to renderer folder. Run in the terminal:
- npm i
- npm run make-index-files
- npm run build
4. Go to main folder. Run in the terminal:
- npm i
- npm run build
- npm run package
5. Go to main/dist folder. You can find there Awakened POE Trade.dmg file or file with similar name. Just run it and install as described in the Installation section above.

I have an error that no one had
Spoiler
Unfortunately, it's impossible. All possible errors and workarounds for them are located in this thread. Try ALL of these at least 2-3 times (yes, because you can miss something at the first steps) before posting a question to the thread !!! That's important because people who faced "unsolvable" problems eventually solved and launched everything perfectly after trying ALL the steps several times.. respect other people's time.

Also, check the original MacOS thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3129523/page/1

CREDITS

- Thanks to the original author SnosMe for the excellent original project and source code
- Thanks to @arciinus for initiating MacOS package. He inspired me to do that contribution.
Last edited by phen0menon on Dec 7, 2023, 6:12:03 PM
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2024, 4:19:12 AM
Still have the same issue on your fork, any ideas to fix it?
Last edited by Thruma on Dec 23, 2022, 2:03:56 PM
Well, we've tested the fork on multiple macbooks and it worked perfectly. Probably, you didn't delete the previous one?

Make sure that:
- you don't have any existing instance running. To shutdown all awakened-poe-trade instances, run this in the terminal: pkill -f awakened
- you completely deleted the previous version and only after that setup a new one
- you checked the `Important Notes` section
Last edited by phen0menon on Dec 23, 2022, 2:16:53 PM
It's worked after i cleared cache. I've have problem with Auto-hide mode, window still disappear even if i hold Cmd key, but normal mode works perfectly

MacBook Air M1. Not sure what's up.
Last edited by jybpoe on Dec 23, 2022, 6:42:04 PM
"
Thruma wrote:
It's worked after i cleared cache. I've have problem with Auto-hide mode, window still disappear even if i hold Cmd key, but normal mode works perfectly

When you open the window with auto-hide mode, try pressing Shift + Space.
"
jybpoe wrote:

MacBook Air M1. Not sure what's up.

Please check the message above about prerequisites before installing.
Hi, I can't seem to be able to open this on my MacBook Pro 2019, running Ventura 13.1.
I followed the steps outlined and didn't have any other version of Awakened installed on this machine.

I won't be attaching the screenshot of the error as it's not in English, but it says the app is not supported on this Mac.

Any idea why this happens?
"
Saquu wrote:
Hi, I can't seem to be able to open this on my MacBook Pro 2019, running Ventura 13.1.
I followed the steps outlined and didn't have any other version of Awakened installed on this machine.

I won't be attaching the screenshot of the error as it's not in English, but it says the app is not supported on this Mac.

I see that you're using an Intel Mac. I didn't any build for Intel mac, only for Apple Silicon chip.

As for now, I created a new release with Intel Mac support. Note that I cannot test it by myself since I have only M1 macs :(

You can download it here: https://github.com/phen0menon/awakened-poe-trade/releases/tag/1.0.1. You need the *-universal version.

If this didn't help, check the updated HELP section
Last edited by phen0menon on Dec 24, 2022, 6:09:49 AM
"
phen0menon wrote:
"
Saquu wrote:

I see that you're using an Intel Mac. I didn't any build for Intel mac, only for Apple Silicon chip.

As for now, I created a new release with Intel Mac support. Note that I cannot test it by myself since I have only M1 macs :(

You can download it here: https://github.com/phen0menon/awakened-poe-trade/releases/tag/1.0.1. You need the *-universal version.

If this didn't help, check the updated HELP section

Hey there, thanks a lot for taking the time to upload a new version and add the help section. I installed the universal version from your github and it ran without issue.

This is my first time using PoE extensions on a laptop, so maybe I'm missing something, but I have an issue with the app's functionality. Perhaps you could help?
On PC, when you pricecheck an item (CTRL+D) and you hold CTRL, you are able to move your mouse and change the item stats etc. On Mac, however, when I move my mouse, the pricecheck window disappears almost immediately, and holding any buttons does not do anything. Have you experienced this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info