New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

nice
"
Slowdeath13 wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
"
MagnusGrey wrote:
For the damage on curses, I'm pretty sure that they removed the reduced curse effect modifier on all bosses, so I don't think their damage was nerfed.

You expect the average crybaby here to do basic math? Heresy I say!

And yes, you are right, most, if not all curses are now way more effective against bosses than bevore, and that's where they only mattered anyway.

Yes lests do the math most map boses + conquerors wos have 33% reduced curse effect. Lets see on Despair exemple:
removed : Cursed enemies take 35% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects
(its already -2% dmg)
also removed Adds 46 to 57 Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies

The real nerf wos -25% curse effectivnes of blasphemy, and change qality bonus from increased effect to increased AOE thats more than -30% , curses suported by bane also - 25% effectivnes thats a big nerf. For pinacle boses people just use marks, and dont go with curse bots so in reality its just nerfs for most casual players.

Alos reduce curse effect on cluster/legion jewels + remove curse reservation effectivnes from curse mastery on top of that nerf ocultist by remove malediction ye shure no nerfs to curse players at all.

I just write you noone runs pinacle boses with cursebots, they just instant die there becouse they dont have supress becouse they invest a lot in just curse effect. And GGG just nerf most ways to get curse effect.

,,The Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel Notable transformation now grants 4-6% increased Curse Effect (previously 7-10%).
The Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel small node transformation now grants 2% increased Curse Effect (previously 2-4%).
Increased Effect of your Curses modifiers can no longer roll on Abyss Jewels.
Small Cluster Jewel Passive Skills that grant increased Effect of your Curses now have values of 2% (previously 3%)."

Curse effect on maps matters and it get rly hard nerfed 33% effectivnes remove vs
-35% dmg over time from despair is - 2% dmg alrdy
-25% from blasphemy
98%*0,75=73,5 %
-10% from blasphemy quality 73,5 * 0,9= 66,15
- 15% curse effect from malediction pasive removed 66,15*0,85=56,2275
-20% from glorious vanity nerf if you have at last 5 max roll notes 56,2275 *0,8=44,982
At last -15% from other jewels nerfs 44,982*0,85=38,23
You have tiny buff on pinacle bosses when you high invest and massive nerf anywhere else, where most people actualy play as cursebots.
Last edited by Slowdeath13 on Dec 8, 2022, 10:32:20 AM
"
Archernar wrote:

I don't quite see any math here, to be honest.

Pinnacle bosses had 66% reduced curse effectiveness, so if we take 33% curse effectiveness in the past which is now 100% curse effectiveness, that's +200% curse effectiveness on pinnacle bosses. Blasphemy has -25% curse effectiveness, so that would still be +125% curse effectiveness on pinnacle bosses after the changes, more if you self-cast.

-25% flat curse effectiveness on map trash obviously. Less increases for map bosses than for pinnacle bosses, but overall still stronger curses on bosses.

Combined with some of the nerfs to curses this might even out, but that's on a curse-to-curse basis obviously.

Yes we probably have a net gain on damage against Pinnacle bosses. But it's different when it comes to every other enemy.

It costs more Passive Points for the same effect on the Skill Tree. Reservation modifiers are fewer and more expensive so you can fit fewer as Auras, flat Curse Effect is more sparse on gear and Jewels than before and individual Curse Skill Gems have been weakened.

It may be a buff for the average Joe with one self-cast curse on a Pinnacle boss, but for anyone who invests in Curses this is an over all nerf.

The penalty removal is good, but if I knew this was the price I would personally not make the trade.

Hex Bloom on the other hand seems really neat. It doesn't have the Curse Effect Penalty every other automation is getting. It's a novel interaction, semi-automatic and a fair trade-off. I'd like to see more of that kind of problem solving.
If anyone hasn't figured it out yet:

All recent changes in the last couple of years has been major nerfs disguised as buffs while GGG keep singing their song of making the game more fun, they're just stealing more of your time.

Despair nerf is disgusting. You nerfed Witchfire Brew's added DOT and now despair as a whole gets less DOT.

You realise most chaos DOT skills are z-dps anyway right? We struggle for DPS sources enough already.

Way to make your new Vaal caustic arrow appealing.. I'm about ready to quit this build after years of trying to balance it.

If league start is rough I'll be quitting. I ain't got time for this shit anymore.
Cry more you guys nobody's sick of the whining yet!
Ahh, the beautiful taste of tears.

Adjust or die.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Ugh, I expected curse buffs...
I'll see how the curses affect the groups of blue monstersin maps. They are also quite violent. Let's see if I now die more because no bonus has been removed from them.
Raiz might read this
"
Slowdeath13 wrote:

I just write you noone runs pinacle boses with cursebots, they just instant die there becouse they dont have supress becouse they invest a lot in just curse effect. And GGG just nerf most ways to get curse effect.

,,The Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel Notable transformation now grants 4-6% increased Curse Effect (previously 7-10%).
The Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel small node transformation now grants 2% increased Curse Effect (previously 2-4%).
Increased Effect of your Curses modifiers can no longer roll on Abyss Jewels.
Small Cluster Jewel Passive Skills that grant increased Effect of your Curses now have values of 2% (previously 3%)."

Curse effect on maps matters and it get rly hard nerfed 33% effectivnes remove vs
-35% dmg over time from despair is - 2% dmg alrdy
-25% from blasphemy
98%*0,75=73,5 %
-10% from blasphemy quality 73,5 * 0,9= 66,15
- 15% curse effect from malediction pasive removed 66,15*0,85=56,2275
-20% from glorious vanity nerf if you have at last 5 max roll notes 56,2275 *0,8=44,982
At last -15% from other jewels nerfs 44,982*0,85=38,23
You have tiny buff on pinacle bosses when you high invest and massive nerf anywhere else, where most people actualy play as cursebots.

In my opinion one should not balance the game around curse-bots. Usually the game should be balanced around what most builds use and whoever wants to push a certain niche needs to adjust to what's possible and handle their niche potentially being destroyed. Aura- and Curse-bots are already builds who can't play by themselves and invest heavily into enhancing other builds in group play to maximize item drop potential. I'm unsure if that's potentially bad because drop rates have to be adjusted accordingly or good because such items are more readily available, but at least lately I'm pretty sure drop rates are designed around having such juiced up farming groups which would be bad for everyone else.

99% of the player base will never interact with a curse-bot and it seems to me such gameplay is also just not the scope or focus of PoE. But I might be wrong on that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info