New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

I like the new format of how the numbers are being presented, it's quick and easy. Nice.
I like POE.
Why screw curse builds so badly? Mostly Bane and Despair. Do the Devs actually have a clue what they are doing or just randomly doing things just to do them?
Last edited by PsychoKitty69 on Dec 9, 2022, 2:48:46 AM
"
PsychoKitty69 wrote:
Why screw curse builds so badly? Mostly Bane and Despair. Do the Devs actually have a clue what they are doing or just randomly doing things just to do them?

You're being pre-nerfed for PoE 2.
"

I don't envy their position. The playerbase will dwindle away to unsupportable levels without something new. But many players - I can understand this mindset personally - will NEVER abandon their collections and empires to move on. And there is enough of us that, unless they can transmogrify old PoE into PoE II - by force if necessary - their new venture will be underwhelming.

The only collections that potentially have to be abandoned are MTX, for which I'm quite sure people don't use like 70+% of it because it just came in a bundle with other stuff (and also because you just have limited slots). Nevertheless, people will not easily accept losing the MTX they bought with cash, on that we agree.

GGG has already stated they will port over as many MTX as they can. Not quite sure what kind of empires people will need to abandon, but if you're talking about standard league, that's probably gonna be a problem. I assume that less than 10% of players play standard though, so that's also the maximum amount of people that might leave the game because they lose all their characters for PoE 2.

"

There is no good decision. They're rolling dice right now. GGG is gambling they will be hurt less by antagonizing the players continually on the lead-up to PoE II than the injuries they'd sustain by allowing half their players to remain behind in the old game world, or by launching PoE II astride the largest nerf patch in the history of this entire game.

You over-dramatizing this change to PoE 2 a lot. The transition to patch 3.XX was also quite a big change and it didn't cause such disruptions as you are making it out to be here. My guess is it's gonna be a bigger gap between leagues and then PoE 2 will roll out, not too much difference to normal league changes, just probably a way rockier start than usual.

"

1: Balance changes of these magnitudes are the result of poor testing and failures in game design. (I am speaking of historic nerfs, not simply this most recent set). When you are making balance swings exceeding 10-15%, that shows glaring flaws in your planning, programming and/or testing regimen.

2: People's time has value. When their work is destroyed, they are correct to be aggravated by that. The blame for that aggravation falls on those who maintain the system, not those who operated under those rules.

1. With a skilltree that large and that many interactions and mechanics in the game, you can never test thoroughly enough to find all edge cases. There are tons of uniques in the game which also drastically change how the game plays out, the best example for that is the 5 iterations of wormblaster which again and again found ways to work although never as good as the first one. Expecting a dev team that's mainly fixing bugs, coding content and rolling an update out to do the same testing as millions of people just displays a lack of familiarity with the topic and honestly plain ignorance.

2. People's work is destroyed EVERY league change, that's an integral part of the gameplay loop. Every league they give up everything from before to play on a clean slate. This is nothing new to PoE-players and as such I feel like portraying them as clinging to their old characters and stuff is the least true out of all gaming communities out there. And standard league being as empty as it is is the best proof of them not being clingy.
Really would love to know if the Volcanic Fissure projectiles are able to chain/bounce like Rolling Magma/Molten Strike
Not sure if i can suggest something here but can we make EK a tiny bit more viable? :P
GG
"
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Ahh, the beautiful taste of tears.

Adjust or die.

You think you'd be satisfied if they all quit. You wouldn't enjoy the actual fallout very much.

Nope, it is just the same story every new release. Adjust or Die works both ways. If GGG doesn't adjust properly, then they may die. If the users don't, their characters die. Either way, no reason to cry over it. Not to mention, you may notice that there are often those that like things that others hate. They just don't speak up, as those disappointed are often the loudest. Been in software dev for decades and know how this works quite well. POE has had a decade long run, they will eventually die as does every game.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
Archernar wrote:
And standard league being as empty as it is is the best proof of them not being clingy.

Standard is not empty, and your'e wrong.

I didn't read the rest because it was a waste of my time.

"
DS_Deadman wrote:
Nope, it is just the same story every new release. Adjust or Die works both ways. If GGG doesn't adjust properly, then they may die. If the users don't, their characters die. Either way, no reason to cry over it. Not to mention, you may notice that there are often those that like things that others hate. They just don't speak up, as those disappointed are often the loudest. Been in software dev for decades and know how this works quite well. POE has had a decade long run, they will eventually die as does every game.

I kinda like their game and would rather they didn't die though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info