New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

Did you actually nerf Smite..? Of all things, Smite needed a nerf? Someone please tell me they didn't with that "can only be hit once" line....
Reading through it, it all seems like exactly the quality of content I've come to expect from GGG over the last, however many, leagues.
"
petesafool wrote:
So a full on nerf for just about every curse.

Under the guise of increasing effectiveness against End Game Bosses. A niche considering it's almost impossible to do those Bosses without mapping in some form first. And redundant when significant damage components have been removed from those curses.

Surely it was simply a case of lowering curse effectiveness against standard map content equal to the increase against higher level content/Bosses?

But that was clearly never the real issue. More dilation of player power through the obfuscation of word spaghetti.

Yes, we are all being nerfed. They're pre-nerfing us in preparation for PoE 2 - where players will have every primary skill supported by many, many 6-links.

They're [GGG] in damage control mode currently, and obfuscating as much as possible - because pretty near every single skill gem and support combo will absolutely need the tar throttled out of it to make PoE 2's gem system even remotely balanced. (Particularly within the context of PoE 1). So any slight of hand they can conjure to muddy the waters helps mitigate what will be ongoing damage - for some time to come.

The juggling of the curses and attempts to "reframe" this as an improvement is but one example. You will see many more before they get us "ready" for the new socket system.

(I am a writer and I have penned this sort of "damage-mitigation-copy" in the past, I am quite familiar with what is happening here).

GGG is trying to eat the pain on all of these nerfs now, rather than having the uproar mar PoE 2's launch. That is the goal here.

This fact is extremely obvious at this point. I don't personally agree with such a strategy - as we're being play-balanced for a system which does not yet exist - and I feel they way it's being presented is extraordinarily dishonest.

But this is unquestionably what is happening.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Dec 8, 2022, 3:57:37 AM
Dual strike and behead support ask for attention.

Chainhook still cant leave his room.
I've used despair only for DoT damage bonus, why even remove it? Not sure if boss curse efficiency buffs will be enough to counteract nerfs to the curses themselves in combination with malediction removal etc
Last edited by tsamolotoff on Dec 8, 2022, 3:59:36 AM
This is not some hyperbolic reaction, I really feel like GGG is saying, 'If you like to play melee, go play another game'.

Melee gets one or two new Vaal skill gems that look possibly good, while nerfing a large amount of melee skills that does not get played. The reason no one plays them is because melee in general can't compete with caster builds.

People did not flock to Boneshatter because it was OP they flocked to it because it was the ONLY melee gem that could compete with caster builds.

Chris kept hinting that melee is going to crazy good...(this seemed to be in reference to totems, possibly chieftain, but still, come on...)

Why do you do this GGG? I think you need to do a serious talk with the community about melee, you say you need to have better communication, well you actually have to communicate to have better communication. You all knew melee has been becoming more and more of a subject where people are getting to their last straw with the game. If you have something hidden why do you show people only the worst part?

Soon you will be where Blizzard is now, it only took them 6-8 years to figure out people actually meant they were unhappy about the direction and lost so many subscriptions that they can't seem to get them back, even with what seems to be a good expansion. Once people move on, they don't seem to come back. Other companies see a market that is being neglected and they steal it from you.
Last edited by Valkaneer on Dec 8, 2022, 4:03:57 AM
everything with VCA looks amazing. good job GGG
Wait you can only have one cursed ground? What if i got multiple hexes Linked with that gem?
nerfs, nerfs, nerfs...
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Valkaneer wrote:
This is not some hyperbolic reaction, I really feel like GGG is saying, 'If you like to play melee, go play another game'.

As someone who loves summon playstyle can say the same. Why GGG hates summoners so much?
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info