[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

"
kkevin wrote:
Awakened unleash is so expensive rn. I think I'm just stuck with caster mastery.

Yeah that was a surprise for me, it hasn't gotten above 1.5 ex/div since Scourge League when it was initially buffed to give 4 seals at level 5.

"
PattyWin wrote:
Do Mark on Hit + Assasins Mark work for us?

It would work to apply the mark with your shield charge, since it has to be an attack hit, but it can be awkward making that work.

"
Arkamius wrote:
can you please post POB tree for the final form of this build ? (OC imposible)

Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking, the tree in the POB guide called "Level 98 (Occultist + Impossible Escape) is the final form I allude to in the notes.

I have some old POBs from end-league of the past few leagues if you're curious what more aggressive min-maxing can look like, but they won't necessarily be replicable (RIP recombinators)
Just swapped to Occultist. I got ~3M dps on BV now. Basically melting everything on maps. I'm now saving my currency for phy to cold gloves.

To others who are planning to swap:
You will have less mana after the swap (because of passive tree changes). Luckily you will have a lot of empty gem spaces after removing golems. Try to get an enlighten gem for better mana sustain. You can temporary change to lv.1 vortex if you cannot afford one.

Last edited by kkevin on Dec 25, 2022, 7:16:15 PM
just swapped to occultist and i feelke im missing something, https://pastebin.com/msWDVNsN

maintaining BV blades is pretty hard need to constantly spam it plus i have no leech at all so cant see how i can drop my life flasks.

id appreciate any advice, thanks in advance
"
Arkamius wrote:
just swapped to occultist and i feelke im missing something, https://pastebin.com/msWDVNsN

maintaining BV blades is pretty hard need to constantly spam it plus i have no leech at all so cant see how i can drop my life flasks.

Under swapping the occultist the guide says "Before swapping to Occultist, make sure you have the following items: 5. A source of Lifesteal to make up for losing the Golem regen. Doryani's Lesson Cluster Notable, Amulet Explicit/Implicit, or Anomalous Quality Blade Vortex are preferred."
Great build and a good fun factor but sadly I cannot recommend this to anyone. Glass cannon type of build is truly punishing if you dare, which in this type of game is all about it. Beyond certain tiers, you can kiss goodbye exp and because you will die so much too yellow and above maps. You have to really stay focused, there's no chill factor in high-tier maps. However sanctum content seems pretty good. I guess I'll play for a while just because I like it but sooner or later once I have enough mats, I know I'll have to switch. 10/10 POB & guide, keep it up.
"
Arkamius wrote:

Yeah you don't have your 4th seal on your unleash anymore. You absolutely can't lose that, it's the foundation the entire build rests on.

You need your brittle ground boots back as well.

Definitely double-check the POB notes or the forum guide, you're missing some of the very crucial components.
Do you need frostbomb if you have awakened cold penetration?

Also, I have heard there's a bit anti synergy with vaal molten shell and cast when damage taken, as it will override the vaal version, is this still a thing? What level cwdt and molten shell is your recomendation?

"
snaiq wrote:
Do you need frostbomb if you have awakened cold penetration?

Also, I have heard there's a bit anti synergy with vaal molten shell and cast when damage taken, as it will override the vaal version, is this still a thing? What level cwdt and molten shell is your recomendation?

No you don't need the frostbomb anymore at that point, unless you're hyper-focused on bossing and don't want to even wait the second it might take to proc the exposure.

It's possible that the CWDT of the normal will overwrite the Vaal, but the normal one is way more useful in most situations so I don't think it's that big of a deal. I usually take control of my own molten shell destiny though, if I am running CWDT I'd do a very low level setup to proc it as often as possible.
Swapped to occultist rather late, I must say that its FAR squishier than ele. love the increased area of effect and damage though.

"
AkenatonRix wrote:
Great build and a good fun factor but sadly I cannot recommend this to anyone. Glass cannon type of build is truly punishing if you dare, which in this type of game is all about it. Beyond certain tiers, you can kiss goodbye exp and because you will die so much too yellow and above maps. You have to really stay focused, there's no chill factor in high-tier maps. However sanctum content seems pretty good. I guess I'll play for a while just because I like it but sooner or later once I have enough mats, I know I'll have to switch. 10/10 POB & guide, keep it up.

I also tried the build and i was thinking same exactly. Just dont know what to play next. Thanks for the guide tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info