3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

a lot of extra steps just to ultimately nerf eldrich currency drops and mapping xp (significant pack size nerfs). Can't wait for the 1 month in patch to buff the low level currency stack sizes that everyone is going to complain abot.
I think GGG needs to really examine how they want the game to feel. It seems like a fair to say most players like the game to have a certain flow to it, you know the Action part of the arpg. Part of the problem with lake is that you have to stop playing an arpg and do some stupid thing that isn't in game flow. The alters did make up for the disruptions by being rewarding, but now rewards and game flow both take a major hit.

Last season loot felt pretty bad, to get anything it felt like you have to do something with guaranteed rewards because monsters in general don't drop loot. So you get put in a position where loot is gated behind tedium, i.e. expedition, heist, blight. All of which have terrible game flow. The feedback loop shouldn't be I get paid more for doing stupid crap that isn't killing monsters. GGG seriously stop trying the invent Inaction rpg its just lame it isn't fun.

Is the vision to just stand around and play price is right?
"
Iceman0601 wrote:
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
this crying under every post GGG makes is getting old, the changes overall are awesome for everybody from casual to streamers and yet the thread is full of whining and bitching.

GGG does nothing - everybody is bitching cause no changes
GGG does change something - everybody is bitching there is a change

shut up already, finally there are some good manifestos, 3.20 is gonna be even better than 3.19 (and yeah, turned out 3.19 was great and super rewarding you bunch of cry babies throwing temper tantrums!)

Your delusion knows no boundaries. The fact you think this is absolutely ok is mind blowing to me. Yet another nerf to already weak altars that were giving lesser/great ichors at best in maps is fine? The fact these incompetent devs nerfed AN after the fiasco in 3.19 and still didnt remove it from the game tell you everything you need to know about them.

CRAFTING IS DEAD for casual players. Natural drop from maps is NON-existent. Loot is a joke. Build diversity is a JOKE. MELEE is dead. But everything is fine according to you. EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM about majority people/players complain about is the product of GGG decision making.

THIS!! Delusional bootlickers will bootlick, that's it.
neat
Last edited by suriuken on Nov 22, 2022, 11:43:50 AM
ggg cares way too much with economy, all these injunctions and directives of how we should a play a game isn't fair
not saying that we should vote or be democratic, instead it should stay more organic

this game is becoming less and less of a rpg as days goes by and more of a build-sim-grinder or whatever, seems getting loot is more of a finality than a means to "complete" the game
Rusted scarabs as a core drop is an excellent change if the drops aren't uber rare.
this tldr reminds me of serbian tabloid newspapers. observe:

main title: "JOHN TRAVOLTA SHOT A MAN IN THE FACE!!1"

and then a noob buys the newspaper and reads its actually just a character played by travolta shooting another character in a movie. an intermediate first picks the paper while still in the shop and reads so he doesnt spend the money. a pro has seen this way too many times and knows exactly what its about, and avoids the newspaper altogether

by now, when it comes to ggg's announcements, i consider myself a pro. im not even reading the whole thing. just by reading the first few lines i know this is a nerf and probably does at least 20% of the community. not that it matters to ggg, whales buy stuff immediately at the start of a league, they just need the people in the first week or two anyways
Apparently good changes.

People will always complain, but I don't see any major nerf or impact to most playstyles.

Good job GGG. Just please monitor and act quickly in case basic currency drops (or drops in general) are way worse than before.

Looking forward for the expansion.
Well I got a little happy on the AN manifesto, cuz even if they werent gone or dead (like many said) they sounded at least really nerfed. But nerf on jewels + nerf on altars just set my bar really low. And that's good I guess, can swing back to d2r or grim dawn way faster :D
you guys dont understand how this nerf will hit drops like a truck.
ill try to explain this with my poor english.

all drops in the game have a groups. and ~how it works(+\-):
1. 1% basic currency (per mob) < if lotto roulette choose this 1%, then --->
2. 0.00001% mirror
0.0001 divine\exalt
3% chaos
other ~97% is scrap, alts other bubblegum currency.

and that lotto hits every mob kill.
altars before 3.20 provides additional chance for basic currency, that means to the all group. so, you just get more often *currency* group of loot ("spins" in this loot group roulette).

for example now you will have 5% chance for mobs drop vaal orb. yes, chance is bigger, but its not group at all.

and what will be much easier?
hit divine roulette in 1% group after just killing 100k monsters?
or FIND altar with choose you desire?
100 mobs per map, or 3 altars? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and on top of that^ nerfed mob frequency (3 altars with 60 mobs before, 4 with 56 after in average(correct me if i screwed up too hard)).

this nerf even worse you can imagine guys.
Last edited by maddyderpy on Nov 22, 2022, 12:56:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info