widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Please fix it, please keep your word.
Day 319

Fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
For no particular reason I was reminded of this:
"Do as I say or I'll scream and scream until I make myself sick!"

Seriously though... The technical limitations behind this has been explained. They'll not go away... [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Drew_GGG on Jul 4, 2023, 9:08:25 AM
"
The technical limitations behind this has been explained

lol

The feature worked perfectly for 10 years. There are no technical limitations preventing them from reversing the change completely, or from implementing one of several proposed alternatives in this thread which would be acceptable for ultrawide users.

Black bars are not acceptable or defensible in any way.
I come back after a year or so and find this? What the heck!

Day 320

Fix it
Yes, well explained. No, it did not work 'perfectly' before.

"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.
Last edited by Cyzax on Jul 5, 2023, 10:24:05 AM
"
No, it did not work 'perfectly' before.

Yeah, me and every other 32:9 user in this thread is just lying for no reason. Sounds about right.

lolllll

They may have had back end technical problems, but there were no user facing problems with UW support. If there were problems on the backend, they should fix them, not brick the experience for users.

If they want to adjust game balance to remove any advantages from UW screens, there are several acceptable ways they could do that. Black bars is not one of them.

Fix it.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 5, 2023, 3:26:36 PM
they could always add a pretty border:

Maybe GGG will add one with poe 2

Edit: border from the epic devourer thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/898193/page/5)
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Jul 5, 2023, 4:07:31 PM
Day 321

Fix it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info