[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Started this LEague with your guide and I love it. Wanted to ask if there is a easy way to sim the character DPS in PoB.
So I made WI after many leagues and TBH clearing damage feel lackluster (especially chasing running away mobs is annoying). I though having those items would be sufficient, on T17 I can barely damage first pack of mobs.

As for jewels I have Rational Doctrine, Watcher's Eye with hatred damage and clarity mana regen (just droped this one), two Split Personalities with int and es and one cluster with Blanketed Snow and Cold To The Core.

What do you think I can do?

Here's my char: https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/Phosphoester/Democratic_Ice_Storm

Last edited by Phosphoester on Apr 21, 2024, 10:33:18 PM
"
Gimurei wrote:
Started this LEague with your guide and I love it. Wanted to ask if there is a easy way to sim the character DPS in PoB.

Build Theory:
"
The actual DPS of this build is hard to calculate because Icestorm mechanics are very different from other skills. It takes a couple of seconds to stack up. Without going into complex math, the DPS of Icestorm on a stationary target is about 23 * Average Hit.
"
Phosphoester wrote:
So I made WI after many leagues and TBH clearing damage feel lackluster (especially chasing running away mobs is annoying). I though having those items would be sufficient, on T17 I can barely damage first pack of mobs.

T17 is all about the map mods. With some of the mods there you can't really do much no matter the gear. List the actual mods next time, I'll tell you if any are problematic.

You are still lv 92. Lacking one of the clusters. Your Watcher's Eye is completely useless (wrong mods for the right auras). You don't have any mana recoup anywhere, so you are probably running out of mana too.

You took some additional crit nodes instead of Caster Mastery and the 2nd cluster. You are using a wrong crit support in your single target staff. I doubt that spending those points on crit chance results in better dps than the order recommended in the guide (notes in PoB). Not 100% sure there.

Get a few more levels. Lv 96 is completely trivial with this build in T16 with shrine nodes and scarabs.

But most likely you just tried T17 with some mods that negate your damage. And Atlas tree nodes that increase the effect of those mods.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 21, 2024, 11:19:22 PM
"
You took some additional crit nodes instead of Caster Mastery and the 2nd cluster. You are using a wrong crit support in your single target staff. I doubt that spending those points on crit chance results in better dps than the order recommended in the guide (notes in PoB). Not 100% sure there.

Damn, I forgot about the notes section. I'm not having much mana issues, but all of that was helpful, thanks! Second cluster here I come.
Hey there, long time lurker and tried your build guide. It's been fantastic so far with a few hiccups -- the defense feels really good but offense wise it feels slow. Clearing wise I find I have lots of issues, and the single target bossing setup is really annoying with how many clicks I need to do (run, cast, run, cast, etc.). Is there any recommended enhancements on the weapon? Perhaps rerolling with tempering orbs to get %inc attribute explicits?

My poe.ninja char:

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis/character/Retrosaur/Signora?i=76&search=class%3DTrickster%26uniqueitems%3DThe%2BWhispering%2BIce

Regarding T17 Mapping.

I did my first two test runs with this build.

First without "Ambush and Assassinate", second map with both jewels.

The first run was ok (Citadel), and i got deleted by the boss mechanics.

Second run (Fortress) i got chased by the Maven, which was a bit of a stress :) but it was doable without issues. Boss was down in seconds.

Though this is a heavy investment, Ambush and Assassinate is a game changer for the build, mapping and bossing wise.

My build itself still needs some optimization - missing hunter helmet and for testing purposes rational doctrine... and i struggle with my resistances ;)

Last edited by Deyvindur on Apr 22, 2024, 5:11:05 AM
Going to attempt to do some of the grave crafts over the next few days. Hitting that point where the bigger upgrades are necessary.

Stupid question, but I'll ask it. Do all the crafts have to be the same type (beast, humanoid, etc.)?

I just don't want to fill up a layout mostly only to find a few of them are the wrong type and I'll have to burn/replace them.
"
Retrosaur wrote:
Hey there, long time lurker and tried your build guide. It's been fantastic so far with a few hiccups -- the defense feels really good but offense wise it feels slow. Clearing wise I find I have lots of issues, and the single target bossing setup is really annoying with how many clicks I need to do (run, cast, run, cast, etc.). Is there any recommended enhancements on the weapon? Perhaps rerolling with tempering orbs to get %inc attribute explicits?

Use namelocking instead of run-cast-run-cast. See the Play Style section for explanation. And the Uber Maven video for the best example. She's not even on my screen half of the time.

What kind of issues do you have with clearing maps? You can clear maps with 1 hand by holding the Cyclone button. Unless it's T17. Then you need to be really careful when rolling the mods.

Weapon enhancements don't make any real difference. I enhanced mine just to spent the Harvest currency for one of the challenges.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 22, 2024, 11:19:18 AM
"
jddc78 wrote:
Going to attempt to do some of the grave crafts over the next few days. Hitting that point where the bigger upgrades are necessary.

Stupid question, but I'll ask it. Do all the crafts have to be the same type (beast, humanoid, etc.)?

I just don't want to fill up a layout mostly only to find a few of them are the wrong type and I'll have to burn/replace them.

Corpse type doesn't matter.

If you are working on a craft that takes many tries (like the Helmet for this build) then you might consider using corpses of 1-2 types and then adding 6-8 corpses that give those types a chance not to be consumed. This way you can save quite a few of them for the next try.

Note about the corpses that give you a chance not to consume: their own type doesn't matter at all, and they always get consumed.

However, for this build you don't use any really expensive corpses, so there is no need to bother with all that 'chance to not consume' stuff. It's easier to just re-farm or re-buy everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info