[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

New video: Uber Exarch

Annihilation hurts quite a bit, Frostblink it.

Just like with Uber Eater, nothing stops you from logging out and skipping the ball phase. But I just like tanking it. Depending on your Int, you need to take out some support gems from the Cyclone weapon to avoid killing the doggy too fast (I take out ICD and EL).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 22, 2024, 5:11:23 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video: Uber Exarch

Ruby flasks got nerfed (+max fire res is not the same as the mitigation they used to have). Annihilation hurts quite a bit now, you have to Frostblink it.

Just like with Uber Eater, nothing stops you from logging out and skipping the ball phase. But I just like tanking it. Depending on your Int, you need to take out some support gems from the Cyclone weapon to avoid killing the doggy too fast (I take out ICD and EL).

Isn't +5 max res the same as 20% less damage when you're at 75%?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Gimurei wrote:
Started this LEague with your guide and I love it. Wanted to ask if there is a easy way to sim the character DPS in PoB.

Build Theory:
"
The actual DPS of this build is hard to calculate because Icestorm mechanics are very different from other skills. It takes a couple of seconds to stack up. Without going into complex math, the DPS of Icestorm on a stationary target is about 23 * Average Hit.

does that mean without the complex math that it is the Full DPS PoB shows me * 23? (just to get a estimate)
"
Gimurei wrote:
does that mean without the complex math that it is the Full DPS PoB shows me * 23? (just to get a estimate)

PoB doesn't show DPS for Icestorm. Unless I'm missing something.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Isn't +5 max res the same as 20% less damage when you're at 75%?

You're right. There is a small difference when you Enkindle it, because of the rounding. New flask gives you 73.5% fire res which is rounded down to 73%, while the old one would give you 34% mitigation. But the difference is not that significant.

ETA: Oh, I know why it hurts more! I used to do him with Heartstopper. Which is still a good idea for both Uber Exarch and Eater. But not really necessary.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 22, 2024, 5:10:39 PM
"
Gimurei wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Gimurei wrote:
Started this LEague with your guide and I love it. Wanted to ask if there is a easy way to sim the character DPS in PoB.

Build Theory:
"
The actual DPS of this build is hard to calculate because Icestorm mechanics are very different from other skills. It takes a couple of seconds to stack up. Without going into complex math, the DPS of Icestorm on a stationary target is about 23 * Average Hit.

Average hit * 23 when you have 5 storms on the target. Less if the target moves often.

PoB's full DPS (which isn't activated in Kelvynn's PoB) shows a rather useless number, which is average hit * cast rate. On spell which deals damage per cast, this number is the usual way of calculating effective DPS, as cast rate becomes a straigth multiplier, but in Ice Storm's case, each cast summons a storm which hits several times a second. Since it's so complicated and dependant on many variables, PoB does not calculate these types of spells effectively, just like, for example, EA ballista (which requires manually calculating number of fuses) or Fire Storm (which has the same problem as Ice Storm).
"
Deyvindur wrote:
Regarding T17 Mapping.

I did my first two test runs with this build.

First without "Ambush and Assassinate", second map with both jewels.

The first run was ok (Citadel), and i got deleted by the boss mechanics.

Second run (Fortress) i got chased by the Maven, which was a bit of a stress :) but it was doable without issues. Boss was down in seconds.

Though this is a heavy investment, Ambush and Assassinate is a game changer for the build, mapping and bossing wise.

My build itself still needs some optimization - missing hunter helmet and for testing purposes rational doctrine... and i struggle with my resistances ;)

What does the mod 'chased by the Maven' do?

I did one map with this mod and got multiple one-shot (I have around 16K EHP) when moving without knowing why :-)
"
vbvan wrote:
"
Deyvindur wrote:
Regarding T17 Mapping.

I did my first two test runs with this build.

First without "Ambush and Assassinate", second map with both jewels.

The first run was ok (Citadel), and i got deleted by the boss mechanics.

Second run (Fortress) i got chased by the Maven, which was a bit of a stress :) but it was doable without issues. Boss was down in seconds.

Though this is a heavy investment, Ambush and Assassinate is a game changer for the build, mapping and bossing wise.

My build itself still needs some optimization - missing hunter helmet and for testing purposes rational doctrine... and i struggle with my resistances ;)

What does the mod 'chased by the Maven' do?

I did one map with this mod and got multiple one-shot (I have around 16K EHP) when moving without knowing why :-)

As far as i know when there is the map modifier "Maven interferes with Players", Maven uses all skills that usually appear when witnessing a boss fight while mapping and Maven follows you the whole time.

That includes healing bosses/monsters, several kinds of elemental damage (the orbs that maven drops for example). Mainly happens when a monster is near so if there is lot happening on the screen you wont see but Maven will activly tell you what is happening and then move out fast. Basically: dont stand still.

At least that was my experience.
Last edited by Deyvindur on Apr 23, 2024, 1:45:28 AM
New Video: Uber Shaper

The good old Shaper is still one of the best bosses this game has to offer. They increased the radius of his Teleport Slam a little so that you can't simply Frostblink from it, have to move as well.

And it looks like they forced the Bullet Hell to be done at least once per phase. Enkindled Sapphire flask and The Writhing Jar are your best friends.
I have a question concerning something that I realize happens quite a bit to me. I think I read about it a handful of pages ago, but sometimes, my character will start stutter-stepping (with Icestorms no longer falling, but my character is still spinning as if nothing went wrong). I bound my cyclone to a keybind to help, but I wonder if it isn't because I got stunned.

Do we have any corruption available to would help with avoiding stuns? Or is it just something to look out for generally. Now granted, I still have ways to go to better my gear (therefore get more ES). Just need to farm more as I've been busy IRL and the prices of stuff skyrocketed before I could even begin to properly buy.

I do have the '50% of your ES is added to your Stun Threshold' mastery.

I am just wondering if that occurrence is a bug, or it's just that I get stunned. It generally goes away when I stop cycloning once I'm in a safe spot, then start again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info