[3.19] Inquisitor Armageddon brand + Firestorm with MoM and EB

"
Vibrante wrote:
elaborate what would be the final one so we can have petrified blood and more auras,

I've done a small update on the PoB and removed the unused aura's.
The enabled aura's and gems are the final setup I will be running.

The awakened gems will be their normal variants at first until I can afford the awakened ones.

I have Summon Skitterbots in there but it is disabled. The reason for this is that unless you run with the "Sanctuary of thought" ascendancy or any other source for reservation reduction outside of the helmet you will not have the mana for 2x 50% aura's and so you will need to use a 35% aura. Skitterbots would be best in that case.

I also put in a level 1 arcane surge in there somewhere so that PoB counts the buff you will get from that. The actual source of arcane surge will be our watchers eye that provides arcane surge on hit so you wont actually be socketing arcane surge.
Perfect! Thank you very much! :)
No problem :)
se we are not using herald of ash anymore? then why the herald nodes on the tree? also what about flasks? Thanks my dude
Herald of Ash should still be there in "unlinked skills" we defenitly use it.

Potions wise I am running the ones for damage, onslaught, the 2 armor ones and a life flask but I don't really know what would be best there yet
Silver, Quicksilver, Granite, and Basalt.
Last edited by Roharas on Aug 20, 2022, 11:02:51 PM
Added pantheon choices to the build.

Apologies if the build seems a bit chaotic compared to other builds.
Originally it was not meant as a build guide but just to simply share a build / mechanics ideas.
Unexpectedly I got quite some positive reactions here and on Reddit causing me to explain more and more and having some people wanting to try this build themselves. From here it grew in to a build I guess and I really like that other people got excited by the idea and I hope you guys enjoy the build :-D.

I'll try to keep answering questions and updating the build as we go.
No worries, Its appreciated that you are updating it where you can.

So far my take on it being ~60 atm. Leveling was a bit of a crap shoot, leveled with rolling magma, then swapped to burning salvo at 12, using holy flame totem as a secondary skill. It was "ok" but wasn't a particularly great experience.

That being said, when I did swap over to Armageddon Brand it was fantastic. Really enjoying the feel of it so far as someone who hasn't run a brand build before.

Though I do have one question. Fast enemies. What's the play for them? I not infrequently run into enemies who move fast enough to get out of the meteor aoe from its trigger point on them, and I don't have the durability to just face tank to keep them in the aoe.

I don't have the build fully online yet, so is that something that gets resolved later as the more tanky defensive layers come online? Or is there some other tactic you use for those kinda mobs?

oh okay they are just unlinked, i tought they we simply inactive sorry, the fast enemies i think will get fixed when we get to use swiftbrand possibly but yes they are kinda anoying atm im just 55 but the rest of the build feels like a powerhouse with just 4 links while leveling i feel like im doing waaaay more dmg than the guys in my groups, bosses just melt if im solo and survivability is also on top even tho i still dont have any of the key items and proper defensive setups. The only thing i really wish for at the moment is more movement speed :P
Yeah Still toying around with leveling,

I used ground slam + holy flame totem myself and used essences and whatever i could get my hands on to upgrade my weapon from time to time.
At the moment I switched I bought a staff for 2c that had some caster stats.

When It comes down to fast enemies I try to brand them mainly.
You can hit firestorm but you'd need to aim at where you will be running too so that at least the mob is there by the time it actually drops. Though fast mobs are indeed a bit annoying but brands always work so kiting is always a option.

I am around 60 myself now and got my second ascendancy. It's not the toughest around there yet at this point but by no means squishy. Your survivability will get a big boost once you start running Petrified blood which could be done after you get your second ascendancy and decent levels of life and energy shield. It will get a big boost again when you add mind over matter + eldritch battery on top.

If need be you could get the Eldritch battery from your talent tree earlyer on and then respec those talents when you get your diadem later.

Movement speed, yeah outside of boots and onslaught the build has no real movement speed and is a bit on the slower side. If you are running Zealotry already you could swap that out with the new and improved haste as that will give comparable damage now but also grants movement speed
I had not thought about group play yet as I always play solo but I guess you could even drop either Petrified blood or the MoM+EB investment and put that in to damage as well if you are always running with an aurabot to go more in the glass cannon kind of style. With a good bot boosting your defenses you'd still be good even without the extra layers this build provides or near immortal if you'd keep them I guess.
Last edited by Roharas on Aug 21, 2022, 9:46:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info