Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

"
TLK825 wrote:
this is cool but i still don't get why we have to use a website instead of having the market ingame. just press a button and open the market. we have 2022 you know >.<

There is a market on consoles, feature hated by everyone except price fixers.
Your argument for not wanting an auction house for instant trade is you want people to play the game more because you're a business. We all know that so just say it it's okay. Players trading isn't an interaction, it's two people putting things in a window, clicking accept, and going on without saying anything.People that trade trade, people that don't still won't. If you're so worried about people trading a few times and quitting put a time limit on how often you can trade so they have to really think about it when they do. There's really no reason to make people have to sit there for an hour and spam 100 people to get something just because you think the frustration of wanting a build enabling item is healthy. For a lot of players that don't have the knowledge or time to craft trading is the only option if you want to finish the game that league.
"
stEasy clap wrote:
This is great. Thank you GGG.

You’re going to get a lot of negative feedback from the console crew. I already see several known price fixers/flippers/exploiters/RMTers crying in the comments. Love that!

But the fact of the matter is that this is a GOOD change for us. We struggle so hard to min-max our rare jewels, purchase high end t1 fractured bases, forget about trying to buy +1 charge synthesized rings, they're bought by the same player every league and “flipped”.

Dropping a mirror will actually hold significant value now. I’ve done it once, and thankfully I was lucky enough to have a guild member hit a 4x T1 +2 arrow thicket to use it on that league. But for the majority of players, it means you either sell it to someone trying to rip you off, or you use it on an item that would never get mirrored in the first place. There’s really only a handful of us who actually try to make mirror tier items each league. Now we will have access to many more perfect items.

In the short term, it sounds very jarring. But in the long term this is a change we needed. See you in the lake!

Sounds like you enjoy asking 40 people to buy scarabs and maps ;p Or your in the small Playerbase that has a guild in which you solve these problems ^^ for all the casual players this is a terrible change as it will take much more time to buy a single map for the needed completion. Also your point about mirror tier items isn't valid as we already got a trade chat in which you can ask if anybody got a mirror tier item which was the case this league ;)The problem console has there is that we lack good crafters as most stop after 3 steps to sell the item overpriced as they check the market to notice that there is no better item^^ This will still be the case as it will be even easier to check the items now ^^ so the browser solution probably leads to even more price fixing as we can filter valuable items much faster with it.
You should have added lockstep first, at least that would be a net positive.

Better search functionality for the limited item pool on console realm is only going to consolidate wealth. The console trade system is the best form of trade in poe. While you may have to actually search a while for items, at least you're not competing against bots and you have a chance at acquiring something decent without paying a middleman.

Console's economy is already completely manipulated, likely by the same people which supply RMT. I learned quickly from talking to players while playing console that RMT is common. If you go search chaos on the trade board, there might be 20 pages of individual listings, actually hundreds. You can pick any random 10 listing and offer only to find that 75% of all the currency listed are being offered by the same account. The game tells you this as you can only have 1 offer between you and a specific seller at once. It may seem like conspiracy stuff but league after league I can assure you there is a something obviously sinister happening.

Adding total search functionality before linking the realms is going to absolutely destroy trade on console, this should be obvious. Choices like this mimic othe recent choices in being out of touch and destructive. It's sad watching the ship go down like this. Losing core features then being manipulated by artificial grinds to increase playtime. Wish I was optimistic about anything in this game. After gen3 and the removal of racing/pvp its stuff like this that make it increasingly hard to care about this game anymore.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Aug 17, 2022, 10:38:38 AM
Do we also get in game tools that shows what item is worth like PC? Or have to open phone and go type each item name in site?

Its button press with trade market easy and fast but try price whole tab having to go type each item in browers? Not fun
Last edited by harhaqvei on Aug 17, 2022, 10:58:42 AM
"
BBJ-SWISS wrote:
"
stEasy clap wrote:
This is great. Thank you GGG.

You’re going to get a lot of negative feedback from the console crew. I already see several known price fixers/flippers/exploiters/RMTers crying in the comments. Love that!

But the fact of the matter is that this is a GOOD change for us. We struggle so hard to min-max our rare jewels, purchase high end t1 fractured bases, forget about trying to buy +1 charge synthesized rings, they're bought by the same player every league and “flipped”.

Dropping a mirror will actually hold significant value now. I’ve done it once, and thankfully I was lucky enough to have a guild member hit a 4x T1 +2 arrow thicket to use it on that league. But for the majority of players, it means you either sell it to someone trying to rip you off, or you use it on an item that would never get mirrored in the first place. There’s really only a handful of us who actually try to make mirror tier items each league. Now we will have access to many more perfect items.

In the short term, it sounds very jarring. But in the long term this is a change we needed. See you in the lake!

Sounds like you enjoy asking 40 people to buy scarabs and maps ;p Or your in the small Playerbase that has a guild in which you solve these problems ^^ for all the casual players this is a terrible change as it will take much more time to buy a single map for the needed completion. Also your point about mirror tier items isn't valid as we already got a trade chat in which you can ask if anybody got a mirror tier item which was the case this league ;)The problem console has there is that we lack good crafters as most stop after 3 steps to sell the item overpriced as they check the market to notice that there is no better item^^ This will still be the case as it will be even easier to check the items now ^^ so the browser solution probably leads to even more price fixing as we can filter valuable items much faster with it.

A lot to unpack here, but I haven’t bought a map in a long time. Also, scarabs are one of the many items that is heavily price fixed. I would much rather buy in bulk on the website than wait for an hour to get rejected after offering full price.

Also, I disagree with both points to mirror service. Crafters aren’t “better” on pc, there’s just way more players. As a whole, I would bet the average console player is probably better at crafting than the average pc player because we are so limited in the number of items available on trade. As a result, we put more time and effort into our items. I haven’t played with an item that wasn’t 6 stats since heist league, and most other people I play with would say the same. If you actually know what you’re doing and know how to deterministically employ strategies to get the modifiers you want/need on your item, crafting is an RNG experience, purely.

Also, spamming trade chat to ask for a mirror tier item? Yeah no. PC players have a much larger player base and as a result have more crazy RNG experiences where that augment influence hits on 12 link claws. Or 8.5 link blade vortex helmets. Or perfect int stacker chests. The best crafters on console know how to deterministically hit the types of items I’m referring to. We simply don’t have the number of crafts needed to do so. Aug influence for example comes available a dozen or less times per league on trade chat. Pc they’re almost available on demand.

A lot of the 3.19 changes should fix a lot of this, excited for the future of our game!
The sensible thing to do would be to keep both.
The market board since it is just superior for small everyday trades like consumable. Just have auto buyout enabled so the current problems go away.
And then the trade site one can use to look up specific stuff.

There is simply no reason to lock small everyday trades behind a artificial annoyance just because le vision trading must be awful...
we do plan to replace the Trade Market with this system in the near future. Could you define near future so I can set a retirement date from POE? Post should say Console will feature solo self found only.

Here is a good post i copied form a response in a youtube video by sirgog alerting me to the changes.

As a long time console player with multiple 40/40’s, I literally lol’d while reading the console trading post. PC trading system with no browser, no keyboard, no third party tools, super clunky and slow controller inventory management, and a tiny playerbase? 😆 I could write a 50 page dissertation about what a miserable and unenjoyable process console trading is (as any PC player could about that system), and this is absolutely a recipe to make that experience 10x worse to the point where it overwhelms the fun of the rest of the game for most players. The only saving grace here is it sounds like we’ll finally be able to transfer our mtx/totems/etc over to PC at some point so console can finally die for good.

The pc style trade will only be helpful to find a few rare things, for everything else is will be a nightmare.
"
zenxander wrote:
we do plan to replace the Trade Market with this system in the near future. Could you define near future so I can set a retirement date from POE? Post should say Console will feature solo self found only.

Here is a good post i copied form a response in a youtube video by sirgog alerting me to the changes.

As a long time console player with multiple 40/40’s, I literally lol’d while reading the console trading post. PC trading system with no browser, no keyboard, no third party tools, super clunky and slow controller inventory management, and a tiny playerbase? 😆 I could write a 50 page dissertation about what a miserable and unenjoyable process console trading is (as any PC player could about that system), and this is absolutely a recipe to make that experience 10x worse to the point where it overwhelms the fun of the rest of the game for most players. The only saving grace here is it sounds like we’ll finally be able to transfer our mtx/totems/etc over to PC at some point so console can finally die for good.

The pc style trade will only be helpful to find a few rare things, for everything else is will be a nightmare.

I will be interested in these 50 pages ;p if they actually implement it, you will have time writing them as it will be probably more fun instead of searching a day long for all the trades you need xD i'm still surprised that there are actually players looking forward to the change :o
This is a step backwards. Please, please, please do not remove the trade board.

What we needed was a way to alleviate price fixing and we would be good. If this is the solution to price fixing, don't fix it.
Last edited by kandidar on Aug 17, 2022, 11:59:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info