Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

I always dreamed of this :D

thanks, GGG
You must be kidding, right?

Have you looked at our market, more specifically at HC? It's empty, cold and full of missing items... not anymore :D
If you can make an companion android app that will be awesome!!!
TL;DR - as a casual console player, I dislike this transition and prefer the current *anonymous* trade board.

I really like this game. Full Stop. My wife and I play together ever since we completed Diablo 3 and didn't find much replay value in it. Heck, we even bought multiple PS4s for the house so we could play together.

I deal with people at work and out and about in the real world. I really do not want to deal with people in my entertainment. Ever since Everquest, I have stayed far away from any online games unless I can play with *only* people I already know. Heck even seeing some of these character names makes me cringe... Imagine your 8 year old walking through the living room, one of the new league messages about someone hitting level 40 first pops up. Your 8 year old turns to you and asks "I think they spelled Im_Cumming wrong" And that's *before* you get into a conversation with anyone...

I hope there is some in between... Diablo 3 had the mailbox that you could send found gifts to your friends. Could we do something similar here? Find the item on a website, if you don't want to haggle the price, send the currency. The currency stays locked in the box. The seller can see and count the currency and then puts the item in the box and hits Mail. The item and currency are both locked. The buyer sees the item and clicks accept. Everything is unlocked for the appropriate people. Sounds pretty safe with all the checks and balances. If it's too instant - build in preset timers (30 minutes after the completion of a step enables the next step).

A little kludgy ... but it would likely work. Call it COVID no-contact trading for all I care.

And you know what ... it's real similar to what we have in console now. Why's that? Because what we have - even though searching is a pain in the butt - is actually pretty good.

While I really like the idea of the Trade Website - if we have to give up anonymous shopping for the new shiny - I really want to take a pass on the shiny.
Can anyone explain how to make a trade now (The directwhisper) is nolonger available.
"
TL;DR - as a casual console player, I dislike this transition and prefer the current *anonymous* trade board.

I really like this game. Full Stop. My wife and I play together ever since we completed Diablo 3 and didn't find much replay value in it. Heck, we even bought multiple PS4s for the house so we could play together.

I deal with people at work and out and about in the real world. I really do not want to deal with people in my entertainment. Ever since Everquest, I have stayed far away from any online games unless I can play with *only* people I already know. Heck even seeing some of these character names makes me cringe... Imagine your 8 year old walking through the living room, one of the new league messages about someone hitting level 40 first pops up. Your 8 year old turns to you and asks "I think they spelled Im_Cumming wrong" And that's *before* you get into a conversation with anyone...

I hope there is some in between... Diablo 3 had the mailbox that you could send found gifts to your friends. Could we do something similar here? Find the item on a website, if you don't want to haggle the price, send the currency. The currency stays locked in the box. The seller can see and count the currency and then puts the item in the box and hits Mail. The item and currency are both locked. The buyer sees the item and clicks accept. Everything is unlocked for the appropriate people. Sounds pretty safe with all the checks and balances. If it's too instant - build in preset timers (30 minutes after the completion of a step enables the next step).

A little kludgy ... but it would likely work. Call it COVID no-contact trading for all I care.

And you know what ... it's real similar to what we have in console now. Why's that? Because what we have - even though searching is a pain in the butt - is actually pretty good.

While I really like the idea of the Trade Website - if we have to give up anonymous shopping for the new shiny - I really want to take a pass on the shiny.

Depends. If you are a casual player the anonymous is easy and fast. But if you play end game and min/max this is needed pretty badly. Saves so much time looking through 100s of pages looking for the roght stats even with search strings as it is right now.

I still prefer an auction house like most MMO have were people place items and you can buyout without any interaction from the other player.
Hmm, haven’t tried it yet. I always thought a buy out auto deliver was in store. Imagine that. Or some type of auction house with at least a buy out option.
I would really like for the trade board to stay

I would also really like for the PC search to stay

The trading in 3.19 is the best I have ever experienced in PoE on console since I can combine both worlds:

1. I can search for a corrupted 6L with my colors on the trading website
<-- gives me all its stats, the name and most importantly the armor type

2. I can then go and use the trading board - pick the correct armor type and filter for the name - easy to find

Of course this method has its limitations - for instance jewels with 100+ pages are still annoying but still much better than before - since you can check before if what you are looking for even exists
Didn’t think it would be a good idea to begin with. Not everyone has a pc or laptop handy to look at and the mobile site is terrible. But I think in its current incarnation of having both options we are onto a winning combination.
Trying to use the trade website on my Samsung is a bloody nightmare. Playing on Ps4 is already a hindrance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info