[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

Can the new gem just be slotted directly into the build no other changes?

Also: can someone help me figure out why im just exploding sometimes?

https://pobb.in/hB4lbtbB-eSW

I'm not expecting like...perfect survivability but the rate at which im being absolutely deleted is more than i like. I'm doing my best to follow the POB, let me know what you think.
"
Caerulius wrote:
Can the new gem just be slotted directly into the build no other changes?

Yes, it can. Precisely the same build, just a slightly different mechanic.

"
Caerulius wrote:
Also: can someone help me figure out why im just exploding sometimes?

https://pobb.in/hB4lbtbB-eSW

I'm not expecting like...perfect survivability but the rate at which im being absolutely deleted is more than i like. I'm doing my best to follow the POB, let me know what you think.

You're actually doing pretty well. There are a few things that aren't connecting in your build, though.

UPDATE: read the updated notes on the front page - this has all changed.

The first thing you need to do is get a Farrul's Fur. They're pretty cheap this league, so I would recommend you do what I did, which is to wait until you have the ~10+ div for a Replica Farrul's Fur. But a normal version is also much (much) better than nothing. The whole build has tripled down on Frenzy charges - from the tree to itemization - and you currently are not generating any that I can see. Your Dendrobate is costing you a lot of power and defense. You must also be really slow!

The reason you want a Replica version is so that you will generate Endurance Charges instead of Power Charges, which do nothing for us. With the boots, that will be 4 of them. That makes a serious difference to survivabilty. Right now your physical max hit is very low, and that is why you are getting deleted. If we get one shot, it's almost always a physical hit (or chaos if that resist has been neglected, though it should always be pretty high because of our rings).

The second thing to do is get a shield with Chance to Block on it - as close to 15% as you can get (with spell suppression, max life, and 30+ elemental resist). You also want an empty prefix if possible so you can later slam it with a damage mod, but that is not nearly as important. The left side of our tree is built around taking advantage of our shield and block. Right now you don't have enough. You should be 50 Block Chance as a minimum, with a bit at least flowing over into Spell Block. Chance to Block on your shield will achieve that due to the nodes we take on the left hand side of the tree.

If you do just those two things, it will be a totally different experience. The build takes a bit to ramp up because of these interconnecting pieces that are gear dependant. I've only just transitioned back to the build myself and am still missing a few. It's worth it when you get there, though.

P.S. A few other easy tweaks - get a version of the gloves with a Temporal Chains on Hit corruption, and drop the Witchfire Brew until you can get the Whispers of Doom enchant on an amulet (which in turn requires some mana reservation shenanigans you'll need to figure out). Temp Chains is a bigger and more reliable damage boost. Then get an Unnatural Instinct and slot it in the top socket - it gives a bunch of life and hit chance, as well as some needed Int.

You're probably running low on ES constantly as well. I'd swap your amulet craft for a -mana craft, and try to find a Watcher's Eye with the -Mana while Affected by Clarity mod as well as phasing. Then you activate your level 1 Clarity and get a really helpful -mana hit. You will also eventually need a rare jewel with Gain Energy Shield per Hit with Attacks on it to fully mitigate the skill cost. I'd prioritize that over Corrupted Blood immunity, which you can also get on an Abyssal Jewel in your belt.

P.P.S. You also seem to be lacking the correct revealed mod on your helmet. It's worth getting the right one eventually, and taking advantage of Focus.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 15, 2024, 8:25:24 AM
"
Caerulius wrote:
I'm having a lot of trouble right now with mana on this build. I'm trying to finish out the pre-frenzy charges version of the build, and I just cant make the mana work.

I feel chained to my mana flask, but that's only if I DON'T run all the aura's you're suggesting. I'm dying to freeze without purity of elements, I'm going slow without haste.

Currently on the pob it doesn't actually show the mana working out either, im down to 40 after reservations and casting costs 43.

Anyways some help would be appreciated, before I start transitioning to frenzy charge version:

https://pobb.in/qGtP1FeTMDMk

Still trying to get to a replicas farruls, but I've been self casting wither-step without much issue. The build really doesn't have that much to press once you get going. Just zooming around even on these juiced necro red maps has been going pretty well.
I ran into a problem - the duration of the charges is not enough to update the buff, and they sometimes subside
"
Abadd wrote:
I ran into a problem - the duration of the charges is not enough to update the buff, and they sometimes subside

I talk about this at length in the notes, and the OP. You have to balance Frenzy Charge Duration on the tree and on the rings (or any other option GGG give us each league) with the number of charges you are running. All the numbers are outlined in the notes, but the only definite way to know what works and what doesn't is to try it in your Hideout, and watch the Frenzy Charge buff icon to see if it drops. If it drops (you will hear the pop and see the icon disappear), you need more duration.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 10, 2024, 11:59:25 PM
Hello,

Big fan of this build. Although I've miserably failed to recreate it properly during last league, I will try it again this one.

By the way, which POB should I use as a reference for 3.24?
"
JayJayFly wrote:
Hello,

Big fan of this build. Although I've miserably failed to recreate it properly during last league, I will try it again this one.

By the way, which POB should I use as a reference for 3.24?

You can follow the general flow of previous league PoB's. I'm still working out how to best do things this league, but I've added my current PoB to the main post, and below:

Level 96 - 14 million DPS, 98k eHP

P.S. Welcome!
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 12, 2024, 12:36:26 AM
The original version of the build i.e. the one that uses Farrul's Fur etc. is pretty much dead. With the loss of last league's Wildwood Ascendency, the previous gutting of PConc damage is fully revealed. We are at less than half our usual damage i.e. the build is useable, but not worth the expense.

My apologies for the misdirection, but I had no idea the changes were so negative. When I first discovered the huge DPS hit we had taken, I actually thought the build was dead in the water.

However!

With some help from Reddit and Twitch streamer Jungroan, I found a way to fix it. We're back in business.

The new version linked below still hits DoT cap easily at max level. The eHP is lower, but the build feels tankier - mostly thanks to the effect of Replica Badge of the Brotherhood I think.

The reasons for the regained damage are the following new uniques. We lose some HP, but as I said it feels like we gain durability.

There is a version of this that doesn't use a Replica Badge of the Brotherhood, swapping it for the usual +1/Chaos Multi amulet. The BotB gives us a number of Endurance Charges equal to our Frenzy Charges (9+), and a massive increase in physical damage reduction which was always the build's weak point. So even with increased HP and gem levels and damage from the rare amulet, it just doesn't feel as good and dies much more. The BotB version might be a little less damage until max level, and is definitely a few less HP, but it seems best.

P.S. I am going to run Awakened Vicious Projectiles in place of the Cruelty Support as soon as I can afford the Vaal Orbs to recolor the chest. It's a very small difference.
Last edited by t0lkien on Apr 16, 2024, 8:39:22 PM
Hi can i play this ssf? i see we can get access really quick to uniques item this league with the farming.
Awesome! Been waiting so long for some new pcoc action. So excited to start farming to buy these new uniques, even though I only just finished the farrul fur version lmao.

Also, in PoB it shows you're running R+R G+B in the boots but no information on what gems you have socketed there. I imagine CwDT+ImmortalCall but what's the other two used for?

And thanks for keeping up with this! I've played pcoc for like the last 6 leagues so I appreciate these builds being updated immensely since I never have the time to delve that deep into build crafting myself.

Lastly, thoughts on Plague+AoE+Sadism? Unless I'm missing something it seems over-leveling Plague and AoE with Empower only slightly increases the radii, where Sadism helps delete trash mobs quickly when zoomin' through.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info