[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

"
t0lkien wrote:
I've updated the main post with both Headhunter and Mageblood versions this league, as both belts are extremely cheap. The HH is a lot of fun, especially on juiced maps (and is the version I'm farming with). The MB version looks significantly tankier.

Ooh, good to know. With the price of the rings going close to 100div each, I was thinking of investing in either an MB or HH too, since while I haven't hit the dmg cap I feel like the build isn't exactly lacking damage. It takes a little longer to kill juiced bosses, but definitely doable. Do you think I should prioritize the rings first, or is MB more valuable? So far the only content I'm struggling with is ultimatum (for the challenges), so I am looking at the defensiveness MB can provide.
With the MB version, we have a Strength issue as well (solvable depending upon gear, and passive skill points, or charms), but it does look much tankier. I haven't played it yet because although I have the MB, I'm selectively adding the pieces of gear required for swaps between versions, and that match the limitations of my current gear.

My guess is that the potentially extra 100k eHP would help with Ultimatum, or any of the other more damaging mechanics. I really don't like Ultimatum so I won't be bothering - I don't care much about the challenges generally - but the MB version would probably be what I would try to use if the HH version wasn't doing it.
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 23, 2024, 5:20:37 AM
Yeah, truthfully I'm not a fan of ultimatum either, but just wanted to clear the challenge to get it over with. I think challenges in general is a fun side objective for players to go for, but I don't really like the fact that GGG makes certain league mechanics mandatory for 40/40.

Ultimatum has some rng when it comes to the modifiers, and some of them are very punishing (especially the life degen). I'm still farming for currency now so I'll test the MB version too if I manage to get there.

Edit: I lied, I went with HH instead since MB route meant that the amulet has to cover a lot of Str on top of the aspect, resistances and life lol. HH seems pretty solid too depending on the rng of rare mobs, and can potentially be quite tanky. I am able to clear Ultimatum somewhat reliably now at least.
Last edited by jasondusk on Jan 23, 2024, 9:46:08 PM
Question from a filthy Standard player. I played this build in 3.18 in Standard before GGG decided it was too good for players to have. Took it to 100 and also capped the dmg at 41m. It was beautiful. The character still lays in state at this point in time as I've always hoped it could be salvaged at some point. It seems like new life has been breathed in to it.

My question is - could the current build (less the league only pieces) be leveraged in Standard. What would I need to compensate/replace to resurrect the dead to it's former glory ?
"
BowWizard wrote:
Question from a filthy Standard player. I played this build in 3.18 in Standard before GGG decided it was too good for players to have. Took it to 100 and also capped the dmg at 41m. It was beautiful. The character still lays in state at this point in time as I've always hoped it could be salvaged at some point. It seems like new life has been breathed in to it.

My question is - could the current build (less the league only pieces) be leveraged in Standard. What would I need to compensate/replace to resurrect the dead to it's former glory ?

Hey, I love Standard. It's the core game, whatever the edgy League zealots say.

For sure the build could be adjusted to work in Standard. I'd have to take a look at it, as it would need some massaging regarding mana reservation at least I think. And actually, depending upon which legacy items survived, it could possibly be the best version still available.

Almost all the gear is still relevant. There might be legacy unique jewels with Area Damage on them as implicits that would be really useful now. I think pretty much everything else will still work. You may have to find a bit more damage to hit cap again is all.

Take a look at the HH version (and the WIP Mageblood version) in the latest league update section. The HH version starts about 5 million lower in damage than the standard version, but of course that's meaningless once you've taken down a couple of rares. If I was building this in Standard, I would for sure try to min/max either one of those.

The Mageblood version has a lot of defensive potential, which is where the build has room to grow. The version linked is at 220k eHP I think, and slightly down on damage. Maybe there's something in Standard that could make it cap damage and push the defense even further? That's probably where I'd invest my attention.
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 25, 2024, 2:29:47 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

Hey, I love Standard. It's the core game, whatever the edgy League zealots say.

For sure the build could be adjusted to work in Standard. I'd have to take a look at it, as it would need some massaging regarding mana reservation at least I think. And actually, depending upon which legacy items survived, it could possibly be the best version still available.

Almost all the gear is still relevant. There might be legacy unique jewels with Area Damage on them as implicits that would be really useful now. I think pretty much everything else will still work. You may have to find a bit more damage to hit cap again is all.

Take a look at the HH version (and the WIP Mageblood version) in the latest league update section. The HH version starts about 5 million lower in damage than the standard version, but of course that's meaningless once you've taken down a couple of rares. If I was building this in Standard, I would for sure try to min/max either one of those.

The Mageblood version has a lot of defensive potential, which is where the build has room to grow. The version linked is at 220k eHP I think, and slightly down on damage. Maybe there's something in Standard that could make it cap damage and push the defense even further? That's probably where I'd invest my attention.

Thanks t0lkien. I'm using your HH build and permanent flask configuration (which seems to be working correctly).

This is my current POB - https://pobb.in/2RmB7PDzq2sU
I don't have a MB so can't experiment with that build just yet.

I have a jewel that has 6% increased flask effect duration so I assume I do not need to replace the cluster jewel.

My overall dmg seems low - around 22m dps. There shouldn't be that large a gap compare you your build. Maybe I have not set everything in POB properly. I can't run Haste or Grace but am running HoA, Vitality, Aspect of the Cat, Determination, Purity of Elements and Clarity.

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated to either configure POB properly or what to do from here to boost the DPS.

Last edited by BowWizard on Jan 26, 2024, 3:20:52 PM
Finally trying PoE and just wanted to mention that this build is cool to learn the game with. I appreciate you.
"
Psyjinx wrote:
Finally trying PoE and just wanted to mention that this build is cool to learn the game with. I appreciate you.

Welcome, and thanks for the kind words. If you have specific questions about the build, feel free to ask them here. My playtime this league has slowed considerably, but I'll check in here regularly.
I'm not sure I'm playing the build in 3.24. Poisonous Concoction does get a Transfigured gem version, though. Will have to see if that brings anything interesting to the table.

HOWEVER! The new unique belt might just change my mind. It's basically a buffed Pathfinder ascendency in a belt, and could improve the build's QoL and counter the downside of the PConc flask consumption nerf:

It will require some reconfiguration. Once more information comes out and I can PoB things, I'll know how useful it will be.

UPDATE: the new Transfigured gem version doesn't look as if it is going to be useful

Last edited by t0lkien on Mar 22, 2024, 11:36:16 PM
I'm confused why you think the new transfig gem is bad. It looks like it should do a lot more dmg with a single bottle, it should also bounce in order to do more damage, and with our poison prolif, we can clear packs easily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info