[3.24] 41+ million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

How soon do you think I can transition in to frenzy version, how many frenzy charges is enough?
+1 rings and avatar of slaughter are out of my reach right now.
"
t0lkien wrote:

BTW, part of the solution for ES recovery is to be more accurate with where the potions are thrown, to make sure they hit bosses directly (and get the ES on Hit value). I've found that helps a lot.

Yeah definitely, I once took the projectile flies in random direction altar mod and found out the hard way haha.

"
t0lkien wrote:

I've uploaded a second version of the endgame build in the 3.23 Update section, which leans into better ES recovery, partly through greater AoE. It's pretty expensive because it requires an Awakened GMP, and in the final version (hopefully) will utilize -mana on a Watcher's Eye which requires a stupidly expensive Level 4 Enlighten Support.

Oh man, yeah I can see how Awakened GMP and enlighten level 4 will help, but that costs like 100 div now, more than even a headhunter. Time to get back to grind I guess...

On a side note though, how much tankier would you say determination + molten shell is, compared to malevolence + immortal call? I'm still using immortal call, but every time CWDT triggers (which is all the time) my endurance charges are removed, and so the chaos res per endurance charge mod in charm is also rendered kinda obsolete.
"
TurboDymoMan wrote:
How soon do you think I can transition in to frenzy version, how many frenzy charges is enough?

I think that depends on how much currency you have, but +1 frenzy rings and forbidden jewels are not mandatory to transition. You just need to have the replica Farrul and a belt that has the aspect of the cat, though I also changed my gloves and boots to Snakebite and Darkray since they were cheap when I searched. I think when I started I had only 5 frenzy charges or so, and I still don't have the rings now too haha.

Actually, until you save up enough for the forbidden jewels, I think the 2 extra jewel socket helps a lot since we can slot in extra life, resistances, mana reservation efficiency (we need 12% on charm, which is expensive, but 6% on charm is cheap, and we can get 3% on each jewel), or even the 2-3 ES on hit which help loads once you switch to the Diadem.
Last edited by jasondusk on Jan 10, 2024, 5:27:34 AM
"
jasondusk wrote:
On a side note though, how much tankier would you say determination + molten shell is, compared to malevolence + immortal call? I'm still using immortal call, but every time CWDT triggers (which is all the time) my endurance charges are removed, and so the chaos res per endurance charge mod in charm is also rendered kinda obsolete.

That's exactly why I don't use IC. I think the only time it would be worthwhile to use IC is if you have high enough resists to cover what you lose when your Endurance Charges are taken and still remain capped, and if you can increase IC's duration/Endurance Charge generation enough so that either it or your charges are always up. I looked at it and decided Molten Shell was just better when paired with Determination.

A lot of things look good in PoB that are actually bad in game. That's one of them - and I proved it by dying in my first map using IC after not dying for hours with MS.

P.S. Level 4 Enlighten is only actually useful if it's paired with a Watcher's Eye that gives three very specific mods. Otherwise it's redundant. If I can't find the WE, I'll sell mine.

"
TurboDymoMan wrote:

To add to what has already been said, even with the minimum number of Frenzy charges (3 default + 3 on the tree + 1 from boots = 7) it's a much stronger option to go the Frenzy version. I highly recommend transitioning when you can. This league everything except a few items is ridiculously cheap. Replica Farrul's Fur which is usually expensive, and last league was 40+ div unlinked, now starts at less than 1 div (!)
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 10, 2024, 9:11:24 AM
One more question :) Is there a reason why in first frenzy version we use malevolence instead of determination?
Damage is there, more survivability would be nicer.
"
TurboDymoMan wrote:
One more question :) Is there a reason why in first frenzy version we use malevolence instead of determination?
Damage is there, more survivability would be nicer.

t0lkien mentioned earlier in the 3.23 end game post:
"
t0lkien wrote:
3.23 Endgame
It's possible to hit poison damage cap (41.5 million DPS and change) with a slightly different version of the build this league. Due to the focus on damage rather than survivability with the league mechanic - as wisp empowered mobs that will one shot will do it whatever your defense, and health empowered mobs are absurdly tanky - it's better to load up on damage and kill them faster.

GGG have also stealth nerfed defense again this league, so it probably doesn't serve to invest too much in that direction beyond the bare necessities.

The result is I'm running Malevolence instead of Determination for the first time since 2.18. The added benefit is getting access to bleed immunity through a Watcher's Eye mod. Most of the deaths this league have been from bleed, so I suspect some malevolent tweaking has been done in that area (see what I did there). Having bleed immunity is thus a big deal.

Our rings are stupidly rare and expensive, and the gloves remain a completely obnoxious price gouge (a pox on all Flicker Strike builds that push prices into the stratosphere). The good news is that we no longer require an always expensive Awakened GMP to hit damage cap, which saves another projectile slurping at our life flask.

So all in all, the endgame build at 97 is looking pretty good, and is nicely suited to the rigors of the league mechanic.

Determination is definitely still a viable choice, since the latest PoB also uses determination while almost reaching the damage cap, but until we hit the damage cap more damage is never really a bad thing. Delirium, wisp and altar juiced rares are crazy tanky this league, but I think it's definitely fine to run determination since it feels much more comfortable for general mapping and levelling.
"
jasondusk wrote:
Determination is definitely still a viable choice, since the latest PoB also uses determination while almost reaching the damage cap, but until we hit the damage cap more damage is never really a bad thing. Delirium, wisp and altar juiced rares are crazy tanky this league, but I think it's definitely fine to run determination since it feels much more comfortable for general mapping and levelling.

And remember, with Plague Bearer we hit damage cap anyway (it's not calculated in PoB, but adds ~3 million DPS). We won't get that for long on most extended boss fights (unless there are adds), but it's still significant.

I've run both versions, and the tankier slightly less damage version seems best to me. I haven't noticed the loss of bleed immunity at max level from dropping Malevolence either.

I'll figure out a way to push the normal damage over cap for sure. I mean, there is an easy way, but our double corrupt gloves are going for a mirror this league (which is absolute greed, but there you go).
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 10, 2024, 10:51:38 PM
I've updated the main post with both Headhunter and Mageblood versions this league, as both belts are extremely cheap. The HH is a lot of fun, especially on juiced maps (and is the version I'm farming with). The MB version looks significantly tankier.

With the MB version, I can't figure out a way to be able to drop Rumi's Concoction, which has a relatively short duration and means it is likely to drop outside of maps with the passive skill changes MB allows. The reason for wanting to do that is, if it can be replaced with a Magic Flask without losing any spell block and so eHP, the only flask that needs to be able to loop independently is the Witchfire Brew, which I think has a long enough duration to do so (though I will have to test it).

Here is my best attempt so far, which loses 5 million DPS for a gain of 100k eHP. If anyone can figure it out, let me know.
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 20, 2024, 8:57:38 AM
+1 frenzy ring its really problem ))
"
Abadd wrote:
+1 frenzy ring its really problem ))

At this stage of the league +1 Frenzy rings - which are always rare and expensive - are really tough to find. You don't need them to play the build though. 7 Frenzy Charges will still get you over 30 million, and feels almost the same to play. Not being held to unique rings also opens up a bunch of other possibilities (-mana mods etc.).
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 20, 2024, 10:46:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info