[3.23 Work in Progress] f1rstborn's Shockwave Totem Inquisitor | Sanctum God farmer. | WIP

f1rst, thank you for adapting the build to 3.19 changes so quickly.
I see that there are mana reserv issues on the pob still though. Should I deactivate purity of elements after I fix my resists with gear?
"
HollowSmile wrote:
I see that there are mana reserv issues on the pob still though. Should I deactivate purity of elements after I fix my resists with gear?

IMO Drop Purity of Elements entirely and prioritize getting "% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailment" on ur gear, notice that Astral Projector is already giving us 30%, so only need 70%, which can be tricky to max out.

Arcane Sanctuary is an easy one giving 25% with a bunch of DPS, Shield mastery gives 20% though this a bit wasteful. Remaining u can get from a few places. Bench craft on chest and essence on boots are options.

Edit: Boots have both bench and essence craft (Loathing).
Last edited by Akavuuh on Aug 13, 2022, 12:14:19 PM
"
Akavuuh wrote:
"
HollowSmile wrote:

IMO Drop Purity of Elements entirely and prioritize getting "% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailment" on ur gear, notice that Astral Projector is already giving us 30%, so only need 70%, which can be tricky to max out.

Arcane Sanctuary is an easy one another 25% with a bunch of DPS, Shield mastery gives 20% though this a bit wasteful. Remaining u can get from a few places. Bench craft on chest and essence on boots are options.

Awesome :) thank you very much
Looking into this as a replacement for dex stacker siege ballista, wondering how tanky do you think it'll feel in 3.19? the EHP numbers on the PoB are significantly lower than the 3.18 PoB. Also as the other poster pointed out you have a negative mana problem too. Looking forward to what you come up with before the league start.
"
Nikxed wrote:
Looking into this as a replacement for dex stacker siege ballista, wondering how tanky do you think it'll feel in 3.19? the EHP numbers on the PoB are significantly lower than the 3.18 PoB. Also as the other poster pointed out you have a negative mana problem too. Looking forward to what you come up with before the league start.

There are a few ways to improve Mana reservation, dropping Purity of Elements like I mentioned above for one, Lab Enchant for one of the Aura reservation efficiency (Hatred, Determination, Zealotry etc.). Leaving Purity of Fire for last when u got the mana for it, as you won't be getting Melding anytime soon anyway.

You don't want to copy 1-to-1 f1rstborn's PoB, also consider ur playstle, some ppl like tanky and some glasscannon. If ur coming from Siege Ballista I'd imagine u want max DPS and more of a boss killer. Heatshiver Unique is also something to look into.
Last edited by Akavuuh on Aug 13, 2022, 9:46:24 PM
Heya, just wondering how you would league start this? In particular - once you've done uber lab, you want to be doing as much ele damage as possible. If hrimsorrow ends up being expensive (and divergent shockwave totem as well) then does it work well enough with 40% on tree and say 25% crafted on a pair of gloves? Or would it work to convert 90% lightning via 40 tree and 50 on support gem?

Also curious about aura progression - the 3.19 pob has negative mana at the moment, and also in early mapping you wouldn't fit the 30 50%'s without a shaper res shield. Are res/totem shields usually affordable (<1ex) early league?
"
HollowSmile wrote:

PoB Updated Again. I still had herald of Ash in the skills which is no longer possible after heavy reservation nerfs. Auras in order of importance are Hatred->Zealotry->Purity of Elements (until we can fix ailment immunity)->Then swap PoE for Determination.

This will provide direction on which to take when.
"
Akavuuh wrote:
"
HollowSmile wrote:

Arcane Sanctuary is an easy one giving 25% with a bunch of DPS, Shield mastery gives 20% though this a bit wasteful. Remaining u can get from a few places. Bench craft on chest and essence on boots are options.

Edit: Boots have both bench and essence craft (Loathing).

I will be using purity of elements then switching to determination once I fix ailments as you suggested. I do not expect this to be done early and will prioritize playing safe over switching to determination too early. I'd rather take more from a hit than be frozen when I open a strong box.
"
Akavuuh wrote:
"
Nikxed wrote:

There are a few ways to improve Mana reservation, dropping Purity of Elements like I mentioned above for one, Lab Enchant for one of the Aura reservation efficiency (Hatred, Determination, Zealotry etc.). Leaving Purity of Fire for last when u got the mana for it, as you won't be getting Melding anytime soon anyway.

You don't want to copy 1-to-1 f1rstborn's PoB, also consider ur playstle, some ppl like tanky and some glasscannon. If ur coming from Siege Ballista I'd imagine u want max DPS and more of a boss killer. Heatshiver Unique is also something to look into.

I hadn't looked at heatshiver but that is a potential source of BIG damage if crit can be figured out.

EHP change is from not having medling or determination checked on. Determination I'm sure I can fit, the opportunity cost of melding is starting to get a bit out of line.
The newly reveled Grand Spectrums, one of them gives +1 to minimum endurance charges per Grand Spectrum equipped.

It is speculated based on datamined assets (the icons for new jewels) that there will also be power charge and frenzy charge versions. Meaning if you equip one of each type you'll have permanent 3 power + 3 frenzy + 3 endurance charges.

I deleted the 3 "cobalt" jewels and left the gem slots empty, then checked the boxes for all 3 charges, simulating equipping the 3 jewels. This appears to be better in every way, including giving a lot of crit. Crit is 100% on the current PoB without the diamond flask with this setup (and actually a somewhat over). With higher dps, higher phys mitigation.

Edit: you could also equip one of the old ones instead of the endurance charge one if you're only after damage. Or use another frenzy or power one if we could get 3 max charges to them somehow? ehh probably not

Edit 2: The tree actually paths right past 2 of +1 to maximum Power Charges...

4 points on the tree and wearing a well rolled Precursor's Emblem (with +1 max and 2 other good power charge stats)? Probably just pickup the 3 endurance charges and not worry about all that but it's an interesting thought.
Last edited by Nikxed on Aug 14, 2022, 3:49:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info