Toxic Rain 3.18 Sentinel League Starter

Hey guys, welcome my Toxic Rain league starter guide!

I have been playing this in Sentinel League for a few days now and its been really smooth, ofcourse Toxic Rain was always a good league starter before it got nerfed and there's probably a lot of guides out there already but some of them are probably outdated so I figured I would share my build.

Turns out Toxic Rain is still pretty good! It's cheap and easy to get going with no clusters needed, although for an optimal endgame setup they would be an upgrade. I made it through t16 on a Quill Rain and 5-Link, and I've now taken down The Feared using some self crafted gear from recombining and Harvest, this new league mechanic along with the atlas passives changes makes it really easy to make pretty powerful gear making this build even more budget friendly.

This build uses Ballista Totem with Artillery Ballista for extra damage and applying Wither stacks so its pretty much a 2-button build playstyle. Prioritize getting an Enduring mana flask asap along with Replenishing Remedies on the skill tree, thats the only way we can sustain using Toxic Rain and with this node we never run out of flask charges.

Kill all bandits

Video Guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aycBPmPduQc

Path of Building https://pastebin.com/30ZCWQxq

Uber Sirus + Endgame update video https://youtu.be/IeZ_nuxPMtw

Endgame PoB https://pastebin.com/EJpCUV97

Gear
Spoiler

The gearing is very simple! There are no required uniques, Atziri's Step are a good option but offers nothing that rare boots can't provide aswell.

Getting 100% Spell Suppression is very easy through being a Raider and using Magebane on the passive tree. The bow is made through meta crafting, my chest has the Temple mod for % Life and Gravicious craft which gives us a nice buffer of ES which we sustain using Ghost Dance. I crafted the amulet using Jewelry Recombining with Damage over time multiplier and +1 Chaos gems.

Attack speed on gloves is good, can be gotten on quiver as well. Use Caster Mod rerolls on a Hunter ring to easily get a Despair on hit ring, you can self cast it until you get one.

40% Toxic Rain damage is the best helm enchant, and attack speed per quality from harvest is the best weapon enchant, you can also try to get stun avoidance on boots which I haven't gotten myself yet.

Life, Resists, Spell Suppression, Damage over time multiplier, Attack speed is pretty much what you want to prioritize. You also want to get 39% total increased area of effect for maximum TR pod overlap, I get this from Bow Mastery, gem quality and Eater of Worlds Helm implicit.

Flasks
Spoiler
Getting an Enduring Mana flask is very very important, its the only way we can sustain mana for Toxic Rain, until you get an enduring mana flask I recommend only using 2 auras to leave some extra mana. Try to get an instant life flask ASAP aswell. Theres some opportunity for choice in the other slots, but I like this setup for most content.

Skill gem links
Spoiler
Use your main Toxic Rain in the bow always, getting empower is not too important until you get a +3 Bow, you might aswell use a 5 link until you do, or you can use Increased Duration if you want.

Until you have a second 5-Link I recommend using a 4-link with Spell Totem + Wither + Multiple Totems + Faster Casting instead of the Ballista totem setup to apply Wither stacks. You can self cast Despair until you get a curse on hit ring. Grace and Determination along with Defiance Banner gives us great defenses.

Withering Step is nice to get stacks quickly and a movement speed boost, Flame Dash is the main movement spell to dodge hits with, Blink Arrow + Culling is not needed but a nice bonus for bossing. We have a good amount of armour so getting Molten Shell on CWDT is very nice, and with Vaal Molten shell we can tank some big slams.

Leveling
Spoiler
There are leveling trees and gem setups in the PoB, but pretty much use Splitting Steel with Onslaught and Chance to Bleed until you get Toxic Rain. Use Toxic Rain with Efficacy, Void Manipulation and Vicious Projectiles as a 4-Link. Vitality and Clarity are nice auras for leveling, you can use grace aswell after you get the mastery for reduced mana reservation. Don't reserve too much mana until you get an Enduring mana flask unless you have Praxis ring for leveling. Get a Quill Rain asap. Kill all bandits and take Way of the Poacher as your first ascendancy, then Rapid Assault, Then Avatar of the Chase and Quartz Infusion last.

Pantheons
Spoiler
Use Soul of the Brine King pretty much always for stun protection and freeze immunity as major, minor can be switched around for different content but Garukhan is generally the best for shock effect reduction.

Passive Tree

Ben's Bow crafting guide
Spoiler
https://youtu.be/Q40bblpomPkBen (lightee) made this great guide a few leagues ago showing how to make the bow I am using aswell as an Endgame bow.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I missed something!
Last edited by Frost666 on May 28, 2022, 2:22:56 PM
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2022, 8:49:10 PM
Hey Bro Good Day I'll start testing it right now!
Teso ez a build hol beginner friendly? Kajak meg kell h üsselek te búúzi?
Hi im kinda new in the game and i like your build. Can your review my build please because i don't know why im lacking dps?
POB link doesn't seem to work for me?
"
Winkle wrote:
Still works for me, using latest updated community fork PoB.
"
Frost666 wrote:
"
Winkle wrote:
Still works for me, using latest updated community fork PoB.

yeah my mistake, wasn't using community fork for some reason.
Fun build, thanks for sharing your guide.

Pretty tanky as well. Once you balance out all the elemental immunities it feels really good, even with the new brutal archnew mods.

I got a decent life gain on hit ring that helps a lot. 24 life gained on every hit is a nice QoL.

Was able to squeeze in a L12 Vitality that pushed me over 200 regen. Not necessary, but feels good with the brutal degen this league.

Last edited by diablomix on Jun 1, 2022, 12:29:58 AM
"
diablomix wrote:
Fun build, thanks for sharing your guide.

Pretty tanky as well. Once you balance out all the elemental immunities it feels really good, even with the new brutal archnew mods.

I got a decent life gain on hit ring that helps a lot. 24 life gained on every hit is a nice QoL.

Was able to squeeze in a L12 Vitality that pushed me over 200 regen. Not necessary, but feels good with the brutal degen this league.

Thanks! Yeah vitality is a pretty good addition, especially if you can get an extra mod from a Watcher's Eye from it.
As a full on noob following this guide, (first character) is there anything you think I should know in advance? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info