Please Display Gamertag on Trade Market

Woke up with a compromise in my head that would suit me.

By default the TB work's the same as it does now, but as soon as you try to price a multiple of ANY item, (be it 2 stacks of divine's, or 2 separate singular divine's, or 2 stacks of the same div card, or 2 separate singular div card's of the same type. Multiple's of anything and everything) you get a warning saying "You are trying to sell a multiple of an item. By doing this you acknowledge and agree that you're gamertag for these item's will be made visible, blah, blah, something, something"

This way it would make the fixer's transparent, while still allowing other's their anonymity.

I suppose a guild could all just post 1 of the same thing in unison, but i have to figure it would be a huge pain, and require a pretty massive guild? I've no idea? Is there a limit to guild's and how big is the limit?

Anyways it's just more wasted thought as far as i'm concerned, as i dont see things changing all that much.

"
I AM SQUINT wrote:

I suppose a guild could all just post 1 of the same thing in unison, but i have to figure it would be a huge pain, and require a pretty massive guild? I've no idea? Is there a limit to guild's and how big is the limit?

As it stands, the worst pricefixers on PS4 already use multiple accounts. At least 4 for one person.

So this wouldn't really limit them all that much.

And, by the way, I'm just as (or more) in favor of instant-buyout, I just don't think GGG will do it.

I think they're far more likely to implement "show names" than instant buyout.

But, at this point, I would take *any* improvement to trade on console gratefully.
Knowing who is price fixing wouldn't stop them from being able to price fix. Since price fixing isn't against the rules it could only be used to harass somebody for doing something clearly allowed but ethically questionable. Do we really need this?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
p0t wrote:
Knowing who is price fixing wouldn't stop them from being able to price fix. Since price fixing isn't against the rules it could only be used to harass somebody for doing something clearly allowed but ethically questionable. Do we really need this?

First and foremost: It would allow people like me to block the people who are pricefixing, which would prevent them from buying stuff from me.

Now, they get around this by using multiple accounts.

But the harder we make it for them, the better the game is for the rest of us.
"
p0t wrote:

It will definitely help improve the market... Even if some of the price fixers get blocked it will be an improvement.
"
I AM SQUINT wrote:
Speaking of your mirror items

Your "Skull Emblem Fossilised Spirit Shield" if i'm not mistaken, can be re-divined, to have 30% on the "increased mana efficiency" modifier.

Cheers!

Yeah I haven't updated my mirror thread in quite some time. But that shield has been divined for awhile now.

I don't think it's a can of worms btw, it would do much more good than harm to add gamertags.
Last edited by Ted the Dragoon on May 1, 2022, 5:59:56 PM
Yes, please! Trade board is almost always a constant complaint for both new and existing players.
Sign me up and then banish them when they don't sell the items.
I think the entire trade board in general is absolutely terrible. From the absolutely terrible search functions to the price fixers and others that simply never ever accept offers.

I think the console trade board needs some kind of rework from the ground up. I don't think displaying gamertag is the way to go though, sure some people would use it properly maybe one message here or there for stuff that is offline or blocking price fixers. It also opens up harassment like someone mentioned earlier. Getting spammed by someone when you're trying to play other games, possibly getting mass reported by a turbo nerd and their friends because you refuse to sell a 4 ex item for 70 chaos because that the price they seen on pc.

Perhaps they could add another imput option right stick and up on the dpad. removes items posted by said person or block items from that person from being shown.

Instant Buyout would solve so many problems:
1. Price fixing got deleted
2. You don't have to go back to town to accept the offer, this would in turn lead to more stuff being offer. (Late in league I just vendor cheap stuff, stuff a late starter may have a need for)
3. No more waiting if you offer THE PRICE THE SELLER ASKED FOR! Often you have to wait a long time for response or did not get one because he logged off. Or the desired item is only offered by offline people. GGG please consider that this is console market with fewer players. If you need a specific gear on PC you boot up the trade site and find 100, while on Console you may find 2 or 3.

HIDING filtered items and only showing desired results would make the trade board 100000 times better. There isn't any challenge or fun in pressing R1 1000 times to find the one or 2 pieces meeting your search criteria. GGG please consider the following: If it isn't challenging, entertaining or fun why is it that way? A game should be fun and th search/filter options being so only makes people use the trade market less or not at all!
Last edited by MaxW81 on May 7, 2022, 5:28:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info