Please Display Gamertag on Trade Market

EDIT - THANK YOU GGG
You have solved this issue and greatly improved the utility and integrity of trading on console. Huge props to you guys.

Xbox market place is plagued with price fixers every league. This league, Archnemesis, Cortex maps are completely cornered and price fixed at 2 ex each. It's nearly impossible to buy or trade for Cortex maps because one person owns the market on them. If you offer the 2 ex, your offer gets rejected.

If the trade board displayed the gamertag of the seller, it would be obvious who is manipulating the market. This specific example of Cortex maps makes an endgame boss fight (The Feared Maven Invitation) nearly impossible to complete and blocks a portion of content behind market manipulating greedy players.

There is no reason why we can't display the gamertag of sellers on the trade market - Cortex is just one example of this. I won't call any names or point any fingers on Xbox, but the community largely knows who is doing this. It's a detriment to the spirit of the game as a whole.

Please consider this idea as an improvement to console trading. Poe Trade displays the name of the seller, why not console too?

Thanks,
Ted
Last edited by Ted the Dragoon on Aug 20, 2022, 11:50:10 PM
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2022, 11:50:12 PM
I agree please do something about this
I agree 100% with this. There is so many items that are price fixed to the point where no one can use it but the person. Another example is T3 Corruption chambers. This is a huge problem and and easy fix would be to show the name of the person that has the item. It would stop this problem and open doors for more trading with the already kind of bad trade system.
Yes
I completely agree this is a huge reason why most xbox players quit. Its extremely discouraging to try to push end game to see all content when core items and maps are locked behind players that play all day everyday. Also there are players getting scammed daily they look up the price and see the extremely low price fix then price their item similarly not knowing its the same person. Some players only drop 1 big ticket item and to find out you got scammed is enough of a reason for players to uninstall.
"
Zwnc wrote:
I completely agree this is a huge reason why most xbox players quit. Its extremely discouraging to try to push end game to see all content when core items and maps are locked behind players that play all day everyday. Also there are players getting scammed daily they look up the price and see the extremely low price fix then price their item similarly not knowing its the same person. Some players only drop 1 big ticket item and to find out you got scammed is enough of a reason for players to uninstall.

This is a good point!

Also, side note, if you could see the gamertag of a seller on console, you could actually message people via xbox to buy their offline items, bringing more players back into the game.
"
j0o1s2e3ph wrote:
I agree please do something about this
I would honestly pay for this to happen
Tb is fine the way it is ime.
www.youtube.com/kraytheredghost IG @ADimensionBeyond
This would be very nice that way price fixers, essence spammers, and tb scum in general can be avoided....
GGG needs to recognize there's a problem here on console. I understand they believe in a capitalist economy w/ the game & agree it works on PC w/ a larger player base along w the tools of having 3rd party tools for a broader capability to make sales., however.....

I'm a player that works towards 36 challenges if it's a league i have time to pursue such a goal & feel it's worth it. I'm spec'd into the synthesized area of the tree attempting to get the maps to drop...& attain my own farmerd cortex.... but with one player buying the market & controlling the economy side of obtaining those maps & not accepting the amounted its posted for forcing a unreasonable amount of currency to acquire it what's a person to do. This shouldn't be allowed to happen.

The Olroth Expedition boss logbook is hard enough to find with a limited player base. (1 on the market for 10ex) Zero have dropped regardless of my passive Atlas tree specing. So with Low likelyhood of being able to complete night terrors

So now that i can't accquire the cortex map & can't also complete my feared... the "Master of the Atlas" can't be acquired.

I'm a person that works a full-time job has the ability to play three to four hours a day while assisting with the failing health of a loved one....there should be routes of obtainability for such things item wise. Without having 1 singular player control the market. I find it hard to believe GGG condones these types of actions.

There should be the ability to see in some way if there is a individual player Monopoly alone either be it by seeing the seller or the purchaser to prevent this from happening League after League after League. It needs to be addressed....and not swept under the rug cause this is console.

If GGG wants to insist on getting the income for micro transactions there needs to be regular support and maintenance towards the economy and to allow this player base to flourish. Be it a community console manager etc. Please make note of this & escalate this to a point of conversation and look to a remedy to assist this community.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info