Controller Support Beta

About time! 😄
This is great news, I actually enjoyed diablo 3 more on console than pc because of controller support. Going to be interesting to see how it feels for poe. Hopefully we get the update soon! I'm hyped and laying in bed hungover, waiting to relax and play with a controller after waiting since 2012 for it!
You have almost all games auto-switching to the controller once you turn on the thing. In PoE you still need to go to the settings to activate that.

This game is still stuck in 2012 I guess, along with the engine.
Good fucking news.

Now I just need a good soul to buy me a GPU so I can actualy play on PC.
I am very happy for this. I hope the analog stick alone will move my character without having to click move. That will lower a lot of pain from Repetitive stress injury of holding down a button to move. Analog stick movement alone is much less discomfort and/or pain.

Also I know you guys are busy now, but consider voice macros in the future. For example: you could say life and it uses a life flask for you. Some people have too much pain to even use a controller and they still love this game a lot.

I feel excited for the future evolution of this game. Love you GGG.
"
NemoRSRB wrote:
Dear GGG, I know this may not be the best place to make such a request but I (and I'm sure many others) would really appreciate if the "invisible buff effect" could apply to Withering Step. The default green and red mtx really don't go that well with most cosmetics. You did it for Plague Bearer. Please if possible give us an option for Withering Step.

Correction: we'll look into this.

incorrect
We actually do have a change coming for that. I can't say exactly when it will show up in a patch, but it shouldn't be too far away.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Mar 13, 2022, 9:20:10 PM
Don't forget to do stuff like xpadder does so that the controller can use massive amounts of buttons.

For example with Xpadder I can hold a button on my xbox controller, then while that button is held, all other buttons turn into other customizable buttons while it is being held. This allows for up to 10 sets of button combinations for 1 controller. That is 10 times the button options on 1 controller. We have a lot of buttons on computer GGG so don't hold back here.

If we can have 10 different button combinations on one controller, we will never have to use a keyboard or mouse. Also some people prefer a cycle button where it cycles from one controller button configuration to the other without holding. Giving a hold button or cycle option will make more people happy.

Don't forget things like analog sensitivity. It is same thing as mouse sensitivity. Skilled players can use a sensitive fast analog stick, but some of us need really slow analog sticks or the thing moves too fast.

The more options the easier it is to completely get rid of a controller and mousepad for good. Even an in game keyboard that you can type words on with the xbox controller would be nice. Voice macros for typing words would be even easier.

For anyone reading this who doesn't ever want to use the keyboard at all, you can use voice macros that type words for you when you want to chat. Do a google search and look around for voice macro buttons.

I hope everyone's wrist, finger, shoulder and back pain is reduced or gone in the future. I love this game a lot.

Very sad that this is coming after "several years". Imagine all the lost potential players.
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 13, 2022, 9:42:46 PM
This has existed since console launce and you are announcing it now like it's some sort of big deal?
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
"
Ashriel wrote:
This has existed since console launce and you are announcing it now like it's some sort of big deal?

IT IS a big deal. The community-based tools to play with controller are very janky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info