[3.25] Cassie's ⚡ Galvanic Arc ⚡ Inquisitor | 40M DPS | League Starter to Ubers & 40/40 | SoK-READY

Arc is looking pretty juicy in the patch notes
livejamie
So uh. Arc will no longer have innate Shock chance or increased effect of Lightning ailments as of 3.23. How catastrophic is this for the build?
Last edited by Zaerosz on Dec 5, 2023, 10:10:32 AM
Arc of Oscillate + Hydrosphere = Delete Boss?
"
Zaerosz wrote:
So uh. Arc will no longer have innate Shock chance or increased effect of Lightning ailments as of 3.23. How catastrophic is this for the build?

Not at all. Crits always shock, and the ailment effect is compensated by the additional chain.

"
Mistok wrote:
Arc of Oscillate + Hydrosphere = Delete Boss?

No, you need at least 3 targets for a return chain. We do plenty of boss damage already with unleash and galvanic field.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
So uh pretty much no changes affecting this build, right?
Love arc and the build is rly nice but idk if I will play it next league...rather long cast time and low mobility makes mapping a bit painful :/
Need to zoom zoom through maps :D
"
Cassie322 wrote:

No, you need at least 3 targets for a return chain. We do plenty of boss damage already with unleash and galvanic field.

New arc gem (regular arc) says:

An arc of lightning reaches from the caster to a targeted enemy and chains to other enemies, but not immediately back. Each time the arc chains, it will also chain a secondary arc to another enemy that the main arc has not already hit, which cannot chain further.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3452093

But the oscillating arc does not say this. A lot of people are suggesting this means that the oscillating arc can chain back and forth between two targets. Could be an oversight but I don't think so. If they changed the wording in the original arc, they must have a reason, to differentiate with oscillating.
"
Mistok wrote:

New arc gem (regular arc) says:

An arc of lightning reaches from the caster to a targeted enemy and chains to other enemies, but not immediately back. Each time the arc chains, it will also chain a secondary arc to another enemy that the main arc has not already hit, which cannot chain further.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3452093

But the oscillating arc does not say this. A lot of people are suggesting this means that the oscillating arc can chain back and forth between two targets. Could be an oversight but I don't think so. If they changed the wording in the original arc, they must have a reason, to differentiate with oscillating.

My interpretation of this is that oscillating might allow second hits from the 'branched' arcs, but not that it would allow looping chains with 2, or that it would be different from how default can chain-repeat. Looping chains have never really been a thing, and the new behavior where Arc was 'bugfixed to return to original targets' is new behavior to the game. I still expect it to require at least 3 targets to make a loop.

My perception:

New Default Arc: (assuming this was actually code changed, i think it was a tooltip update and not a code change).
- Target 1 is hit by Chain 1.
- Target 2 is hit by Chain 1A (branching hit).
- Target 2 is now skipped by Chain 2, and then Chain 2 hits Target 3.
- Chain 4 is the soonest Target 1 can be hit again.

Oscillatic Arc (my speculation):
- Target 1 is hit by Chain 1, Target 2 is hit by Chain 1A (branch). As before.
- Target 3 is hit by Chain 2, and Chain 2A might hit Target 1. Maybe.
- Continues chaining outward as before.
- (Note: this does NOT include a possibility of repeatedly chaining between target 1 and 2, such as with hydrosphere near a boss).
- (Note: I've mathed it and Oscillating is NOT higher single-target damage).
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Dec 5, 2023, 5:17:53 PM
"
Cassie322 wrote:

The new Affliction ascendancies can help with that! Choir of the Damned from the Warlock of the Mists tree will grant additional targets to arc through, with the bonus of extra flask sustain from Foul Pact.
"
Cassie322 wrote:
New Default Arc: (assuming this was actually code changed, i think it was a tooltip update and not a code change).
- Target 1 is hit by Chain 1.
- Target 2 is hit by Chain 1A (branching hit).
- Target 2 is now skipped by Chain 2, and then Chain 2 hits Target 3.
- Chain 4 is the soonest Target 1 can be hit again.

This is the correct assumption, and is in fact how it should have worked since around 3.3 - but there was apparently an unexpected bug that caused the 'prefer new targets' part to always take precedence over chaining back to prior targets, even if no new targets existed.
"
Zaerosz wrote:

The new Affliction ascendancies can help with that! Choir of the Damned from the Warlock of the Mists tree will grant additional targets to arc through, with the bonus of extra flask sustain from Foul Pact.

Probably not the play since we lose all our Inquisitor scaling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info