0.10.5c Patch Notes

Stashes dropped goodies for me as well as the busts post this patch. Cheers!
"
kaniz wrote:
"
asdfnasdf wrote:
"
NefariousJosh wrote:
Keep up the good stuff GGG, no one can say you guys are slacking.

chris directly said that cybrix dying had nothing to do with this patch... I think he clicked around anyways so he would have still screwed himself over.

"This is change I've been wanting to make for some time now."

Because coding in a longer grace period is soooo hard, if he wanted to do it he would of. It is a response to his death to cater to their advertisers.

Someone needs to remove their tinfoil hat - this patch benefits everyone.

Not everyone. If my loading times can take up to 60s i dont give a shit if the grace period is 10s, 20 or 30.
Too bad there's nothing that would have saved my FP toon. Started to lag really bad in Merc city of sarn. I had 0 mobs around me, I stopped and exited to login screen, leaving with full health showing on my client. Logged in and I was moved to default. I know its impossible to completely fix desync/latency issues but there should be some double checks on the client data that's compared to the server data after logging out. That kind of data comparison against latency time stamps could save many people from what happened to me.

Anyway, new patches look good. I'll probably reroll a different toon this weekend. Keep up the hard work GGG.

RIP tomcruiseisinmyfreezer level 71 /played: 4 days 19hrs in HC :(
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.10.5c
  • Increased the grace period of invulnerability when entering an area (which is cancelled when you perform any action) from 10 seconds to 20.
  • Fixed a bug where right clicking people in chat would often give the wrong result.
  • Fixed a bug where Victario's Stashes were not dropping items.
  • Fixed a bug where a totem (summoned by a trap) that created minions would create them dead.

why not make it so that grace period starts counting down when the area is done loading on the client side?
IGN Macesaremanttofly
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.10.5c
  • Increased the grace period of invulnerability when entering an area (which is cancelled when you perform any action) from 10 seconds to 20.
  • Fixed a bug where right clicking people in chat would often give the wrong result.
  • Fixed a bug where Victario's Stashes were not dropping items.
  • Fixed a bug where a totem (summoned by a trap) that created minions would create them dead.

why not make it so that grace period starts counting down when the area is done loading on the client side?

Shhhh!
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
Because the grace period is inherently a server-side thing and the server doesn't know when the client has loaded, because it isn't the client.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
Because the grace period is inherently a server-side thing and the server doesn't know when the client has loaded, because it isn't the client.

why not just make it indefinite until a character performs any action?
"
Antistes wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
rogueyoshi wrote:

I 2nd this motion.

Grace period until a character moves/attacks (actions like opening portals, casting buffs etc shouldn't disable the grace period).
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Antistes wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
rogueyoshi wrote:

Because that's abusable to kill any monster without any danger.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Because that's abusable to kill any monster without any danger.

How? Waiting for traps to properly fill up after zoning!? (Sorry I had to :P)
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 10, 2013, 8:43:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info