Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

I haven't played Act 1 in a while, is it just me or does Mud Flats look a lot nicer now? There are subtle shades of pink/lavender on the floor, plus the water streams, plus the subtle shininess on the floor, it looks pretty sweet for mud =)

Also the little beacons of light and the sublte blue shade in the caverns is really nice.

Can't wait to see all the other touches as I continue to level.

ps: I posted a criticism earlier, which was related. Have you worked on Dread Thicket tileset? That one kinda struck me in closed beta as all the background was the same saturated green. Maybe it's been updated as well? Another one that was boring in close beta is the caves before Vall Pyramid. All greyish/brown, kinda flat.
Last edited by DeF46 on Jan 24, 2013, 6:51:25 AM
I have the same impression. Terrain-textures are more detailed now in open beta, right? I've seem only the first few maps (terraces, mud flats, tidal island,...) but the overall "look and feel" is much better than before. As if I chose a better graphics option in the menues, but I didn't ;)

Thanks, the game is improving continuously, good work!
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Hi,

So far I am impressed by the graphics.

2 things bothering me:

a. monsters being visible even when they are not (like in the prison area you can spot the elemental skelton due to the lightning effect visible through walls)

b. a "bug" maybe in "old field" the water border parts just lack texture, not sure if it is a bug or if the texturing of underwater areas is just missing at the moment.
I must express my personal congratulations for ppl involved in design and creation graphics and effets of Lunaris Temple. One of the best areas in HnS ever. The screaming audio is also very good so you may tell audio guys that they do good job too. Atmosphere in that place is absolutely deep, dense and 'diabloish' (is the ecen better complement?). Great stuff - i cant wait for Sceptre Of God. I dont think it will be that gore and sick like Lunaris but i hope for some nice graphics too. :)

Kabraxis out. ;)
titan quest expansion zones(areas) are much better looking, expecially underground areas!
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
hi,
one thing i dislike at the areas:

in many areas like the cross rivers, i can´t see anything on the big map ( tab ).
the colours of map and ground are the same and after a few min i get a pain in my eyes.

and the entrance-effects are rly boring ( current only white).
a little bit more shinning or so on would be nice

PS: sry for my bad engl.
Last edited by phoenixelvis05 on Jan 28, 2013, 10:29:57 AM
I've only been playing a day or so and im a lvl 13 witch.

That said. i havnt seen much or anything in the way of spell-environment interactions.
I.e You shoot a fireball it hits a wall, the wall is seared, or glows with red embres for a little while.

Next thing i noticed. Mainly thanks to my big screen (42"1080p)
There are no footprints

Also...
Charactersand mobs dont have any effect on water ..puddles ..rivers ..streams ..sea.. There is no visual effect on th water that somthign is moving thru it.

Lighting: Even on its best level it seems ..flat. The game could use more dynamic and complex lighting.

Water reflections: There are none ..that i can see.

Shadows: The quality is lacking.

Another thing that crosses my mind is that even though u have weatehr effects i dont see any shadows of clouds moving on the ground in the outdoor areas.

Moving on !! :P

Blood .. for as gritty and as dark game as this is ..there isnt much in the way of blood when attackign and kill stuff ..not compared ot the static blood u see in some of the dungeons. More blood would be fitting i think.

And finaly.(for now)
The camera zoom. Its good that u can zoom in as far as u can ..it looks great and shows of the relativly good graphics ..but. It doesnt zoom out enough, spells, skills and mobs start attacking and coming for u out of camera view and makes it feel really cramped. I think a little further out camera view would be benifical but not so far it makes things to easy to see coming.

Some of things i see are little ..but still bug me as i consider them 'polish' ..and a game that isnt polished puts me off. However some or more obviose. .like the camera :)
Anythign graphics wise that isnt a obvios bug or major oversight for me comes under polish..So things like the footprints...water...environment dmg etc.

Considering im playing the game at its absolute max settings 8x AA and 16x AF and my GPU is still twidling its thumbs at 60fps means u got plenty of room for more visuals whislt still being easy on older rigs. I only use a 1gb 560ti (384 core not 448) ..its not exactly top end :)

Anyway GJ so far i hope to see the 'fine' polish being added soon ..its deffinalty a game i could continue playing :)
Last edited by Bojack on Jan 28, 2013, 5:45:40 PM
"
Bojack wrote:

Lighting: Even on its best level it seems ..flat. The game could use more dynamic and complex lighting.

I agree that they need to enhance the brighter parts of the game a lot, especially act 1. The dark environments are where the games visuals really shine (ie. Dungeons, caves, night time areas).
Last edited by RedMau on Jan 29, 2013, 8:37:17 AM
currently the problems i had is in the temple, when you con near the edge and the fog needs to be rendered it gets very laggy right away, i think less particles should be rendered.
There are blood in Act3 =))

And over to the topic,

Something i would say about spider dungeons, its very cool new Layouts, and very brilliant dark feeling in there "Good Work!!!
I am veteran i have follow Poe sense November 2010.
Last edited by Starzon29 on Jan 29, 2013, 2:15:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info