3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
How to calculate fuses from POB.

Ensure you are set up corrected in the Configuration tab. Frenzies, Lifetap, set is the enemy a boss to Sirus, etc. Ensure you have your flasks all ticked active in the items tab.

Switch to the calculations tab. Max *possible* fuses - if your totems are all firing at the same single target - is calculated by multiplying the 4 numbers shown below.

Attack Rate * Hit Chance * Duration Mod * Active Totem Limit

In this case:

2.42 * 100% * 1.55 * 6 = 22.506

Thats not how it works lol, lets say you do 2.42 atks per second. Then you'll do 3.751 attacks in the span of 1.55sec. But since there's no such thing as 0.751 attack (you either do attack or not) it counts as 3 attacks so 3*6=18

So, more accurate?

Floor (Attack Rate * Duration Mod) * Hit Chance * Active Totem Limit
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
How to calculate fuses from POB.

Ensure you are set up corrected in the Configuration tab. Frenzies, Lifetap, set is the enemy a boss to Sirus, etc. Ensure you have your flasks all ticked active in the items tab.

Switch to the calculations tab. Max *possible* fuses - if your totems are all firing at the same single target - is calculated by multiplying the 4 numbers shown below.

Attack Rate * Hit Chance * Duration Mod * Active Totem Limit

In this case:

2.42 * 100% * 1.55 * 6 = 22.506

Thats not how it works lol, lets say you do 2.42 atks per second. Then you'll do 3.751 attacks in the span of 1.55sec. But since there's no such thing as 0.751 attack (you either do attack or not) it counts as 3 attacks so 3*6=18

So, more accurate?

Floor (Attack Rate * Duration Mod) * Hit Chance * Active Totem Limit

I also made an edit of previous post:

"
Also, since it counts after mob gets 1st arrow on it, it should be something like - 0sec->6arrows, 0.41sec->12 arrows, 0.82->18 arrows, 1.23->24 arrows so you should be hitting 20 fuses.

So should be Floor (Attack Rate * Duration Mod) * Hit Chance * Active Totem Limit + Active Totem Limit
Last edited by za6i9ka on Mar 2, 2022, 1:44:09 PM
Well, at least the posters asking about how to calculate fuses now understand the heart of the matter - it's complicated. :D
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
So with that, would it be correct in thinking that with an attack rate of 2.77 with a duration mod of 1.35, with my hit rate at 98% (will fix but for math purposes right now) at 6 totems = something around 21 fuses but just barely?

Getting one shot every 5 maps or so. Any recommendations?
Can someone please tell me what I need to upgrade? Thanks.
"
ankienz wrote:

Getting one shot every 5 maps or so. Any recommendations?

I'd say no ailment immunity might be an issue?
Also what are your pantheons? I went Arakaali fully upgraded because of my low chaos res + Shakari as I felt that and poison were my 2 main issues. I've lvl'd up all the way from 96 to 97 deathless since then farming decently juiced maps.
"
moon_nmh wrote:
Can someone please tell me what I need to upgrade? Thanks.

Well I'd say many things:

+3 bow with more IAS
More attack speed on your quiver + elemental damage with attacks and you have added fire dmg on it which affects your EE
More life on boots and some spell suppression and movement speed
+1 amulet, Ashes of the Stars with lot of quality is a good option for single target
Again fire dmg on your ring, that's bad
Quality your belt for 42% ignites deal dmg faster

Your hit chance is way too low you lack a lot of accuracy
You're 2% away from 100% spell suppression

I'd say you need a lot more attack speed overall
I don't understand how flame surge works. We link it with the brand and it makes it go off?
"
Ok, I'm seeing an attack speed of 2.21, 100% accuracy if you're running precision, 90% if you're running defiance banner, a duration of 1.42s and the usual 6 totems.

That puts you at either 18.8 fuses or 16.9, depending on whether you're still running precision.

In either case, you need a bit more attack speed to hit 20 fuses.

Keep in mind, you need to look at Ignite DPS, not total damage per ignite. Your DPS currently is somewhere between 4.8m and 7.3m. Closer to the first number if you are running Defiance Banner, closer to the second number if you are running Precision.

Also, your Flame Surge isn't doing any good. You need to link it with something - we're using Arcanist Brand - or it does zero damage because of Ancestral Bond on the tree.

Rain of Splinters isn't helping any on bosses, either.

Thanks for the detailed response. However, I'm running both defiance and precision. Should I only be using one? I'm currently using elements of purity, grace, precision, and defiance banner. I don't have enough mana left to use anything more.
Last edited by goobergeorge on Mar 2, 2022, 8:39:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info