3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

For bosses...
Grace
Determination
Defiance Banner
Precision
Flesh and Stone (sand stance)
Aspect of the Spider
Malevolence

For mapping,..
Swap malevolence for Purity of Elements
And drop aspect to switch in a higher level precision gem.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
Hey folks - Would love an expert's opinion on my build. I am new to POE but trying to follow this guild, along with Maxroll information. I seem to not be nearly as powerful as clips shown here. I am dying quite easily and my damage is no where near what I am seeing this should be able to do. I can not kill normal Maven or even come close, the fight would be like 30 minutes with my DPS. I'm guessing I'm missing something critical but I can't seem to figure out what it is...

https://pobb.in/rZqbsstfLJsS

Any help is appreciated!!!
"
Drachan wrote:
Hey folks - Would love an expert's opinion on my build. I am new to POE but trying to follow this guild, along with Maxroll information. I seem to not be nearly as powerful as clips shown here. I am dying quite easily and my damage is no where near what I am seeing this should be able to do. I can not kill normal Maven or even come close, the fight would be like 30 minutes with my DPS. I'm guessing I'm missing something critical but I can't seem to figure out what it is...

Can't tell you much about your survivability as pob says it's higher than mine. But for damage:

- You can easily do is to switch out your Awakened Added Fire Damage with an Awakened Burning Damage. And you should because as soon as you have Fire Damage on your attack, your Elemental Equilibrium won't trigger anymore.
- Then switch out Ignite Proliferation for an Awakened Deadly Ailments. This point and the one before doubles your ignite damage already. Getting a lvl 21 Explosive Arrow will boost you for another 500k.
- Ignite Proliferation can be substituted by the Exarch(??) implicit on gloves that have your ignites spread to other enemies nearby.
- From what I see you could also get a Hyrri's Ire chest armour. That will give you 25% more spell suppression than you need so you could lose it on some other items like the other glove implicit.
Anoint your amulet with Watchtowers for that 6th totem.
- Crafting that endgame bow from Headtourists signature will boost your damage considerably.
- You could improve your charms: Obviously find the King of the Mists to get your third slot. Then what I found to be pretty nice on charms is:
- - Life on kill
- - Banner Skills have no reservation
- - Culling Strike
- - Mana reservation of skills
- - Taunt enemies (which you already have)
- - Or you look up https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Charm for all the effects and what you feel like you need.

I think that's enough for the start. I butchered your pob a bit for all the stuff I changed:
https://pobb.in/xSNXSeUHN9Zl

Edit: I put in Malevolence instead of Purity of Elements just for fun: If you have done all the steps above, pob tells me that you are at 8M damage with your total dot. Malevolence almost doubles that to 14M.
Edit 2: I forgot: If you indeed go for Hyrri's, you can also respec Magebane and you will still be at 102% spell suppression.
Last edited by Vacoh on Mar 11, 2024, 8:21:56 AM
Thank you, I will make these changes and report back with progress. Appreciate you taking a look at this for me.

The survivability is definitely odd to me. I even had issues with a set up where I was 100% spell supp, max resists including chaos, and on par with other metrics like defense and evasion. But maybe it was because I am not killing fast enough which leaves me exposed for too long..
"
Drachan wrote:

Haven't done this in a while so I'm feeling pretty rusty, but a couple major things do stand out. First off, your EA link setup is really bad. Added fire damage does nearly nothing, only the 10% increased fire damage from 20% quality helps, because EA doesn't do any physical damage. Ignite Proliferation is best put on your gloves as Vacoh mentioned. Awakened Deadly Ailments and Burning Damage replacing these two gems would nearly double your current ignite DPS.

Second, your max sustainable fuses is really bad. PoB puts you at 10 fuses max right now. You have Hired Killer anointed on your amulet instead of Watchtowers for your 6th totem. Your accuracy isn't the worst I've seen, but it could still be better. Attack speed really needs to get bumped up as well to reach max fuses.

Because you don't have Malevolence, you are missing the 20% increased skill effect duration from it and this is another reason why your fuses are low. If you pick up a couple increased skill effect duration nodes or the Damage Over Time Mastery, you will give yourself more time to build to max fuses. This will make your mapping clear speed a bit slower, but for boss fights it will increase your DPS massively.

Your arcanist brand link has culling strike, but you don't have Flammability anywhere. Flammability would increase your DPS a lot more than having culling strike. Charms are a potential source for culling strike if you can fit that in. That Which Was Taken could replace one of your viridian jewels and also get you something like totems taunt after summoning, which is nice for survival too.

I would replace your fire damage large cluster jewel with a bow damage one to get nodes that give % accuracy and attack speed. Tempered Arrowheads on this jewel would also give some % skill effect duration. Your Megalomaniac is taking up 5 skill points for very little gain. Think about getting a totem damage medium cluster jewel with Ancestral Echo and Sleepless Sentries to get a source of onslaught. Your Watcher's Eye is pretty much useless since you're not using Malevolence. Maybe replace it with an Impossible Escape (Precise Technique) and pick up Farsight, Thick Skin, and Entrench.

Which auras do you run with? Your damage is low and Malevolence would certainly help with that, but at the same time you talk about dying easily so losing those defensive auras may be too much. If you always use Purity of Elements, you should rework your resistances so your cold/lightning aren't so far over cap. If you don't, then you need to fix your fire resistance to cap.

Your max life is pretty low so I would work to fix that. You really can't afford to not have life on a single rare. Your gloves should really have both life and attack speed at minimum, best would be life, AS, accuracy, spell suppress, and resistances. You should rework your rings to have life on them as well, and replace Polaric Devastation by using a charm with cover rare/unique in ash.

You need to cap your spell suppress. Currently, all your armour has evasion, so you could do Evasion Mastery to get +15% spell suppress. That, plus the Entrench from Impossible Escape would put you at 94% so you could fill the last 6% with a charm possibly.

You have a Mageblood, so you really shouldn't have any excuse for not having your flasks optimized. Your Jade and Granite flasks both have increased duration on them instead of increased effect.
Last edited by Dromlin on Mar 11, 2024, 12:56:23 PM
Thank you both for the support. Made some positive changes today I think and the build is feeling much much better.

@Dromlin / @Vacoh - Thanks so much!

https://pobb.in/zjcMiFCVPSnV

Here is the build now. @Dromlin, you lost me on the cluster jewel recommendations. But all in all things feel great right now. I could use some direction on where I can learn more about what to do be doing with those cluster jewels. I followed the pobb in this original thread. But maybe someone has other examples of how I can maximize value there - or any other passive suggestions based on the changes I made???

Thanks <3333333
"
Drachan wrote:
Thank you both for the support. Made some positive changes today I think and the build is feeling much much better.

@Dromlin / @Vacoh - Thanks so much!

https://pobb.in/zjcMiFCVPSnV

Here is the build now. @Dromlin, you lost me on the cluster jewel recommendations. But all in all things feel great right now. I could use some direction on where I can learn more about what to do be doing with those cluster jewels. I followed the pobb in this original thread. But maybe someone has other examples of how I can maximize value there - or any other passive suggestions based on the changes I made???

Thanks <3333333

I'll try to keep the cluster jewels simple. I'm sure you're already aware of the three sizes. Cluster jewels drop with a locked "implicit" that is actually marked as an enchantment. This is the "Adds # Passive Skills" and "Added Small Passive Skills grant: ****" modifier that you see. Each different jewel enchantment comes with different notable nodes. Your fire damage one, for example, has specific fire notables that a bow damage jewel can't roll.

The best large cluster jewel for this build is "Added Small .... 12% Bow Damage ... 12% Increased DoT with bow skills". Not sure if it's the best, but the one I was using was a 8 Passive skill with Martial Prowess, Tempered Arrowheads, and Calamitous notable nodes. Just plugging that one into PoB on your build raised ignite DPS by 5 million.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask them. It looks like you're doing about 10x the DPS, so nice work making those improvements.
Last edited by Dromlin on Mar 11, 2024, 9:28:41 PM
@dromlin - thanks!!!!

I'm blasting now. Think I got some better jewels. Was able to kill all bosses for my voidstones yesterday!

Thanks again for all your help
so ive changed some stuff since last time ... running mb now ... but i still need help ... what should i change

appreciate any help
IGN- Shaeyaena
a) Swap your healing flask and quartz flask around. Mage bane only work on the 4 left flask slots.
b) Get a charm with "cover unique enemies in ash" (not this exact wording) then drop Polaric Devastation in favor of a better ring. For mapping/levelling I prefer a well-rolled Death Rush which is inexpensive.
c) For you amulet, I'd get 2:
- For mapping Defiance of Destiny is currently borderline broken in terms of the survivability it gives
- For bossing you really benefit from a +1 of +2 skills amulet.
d) You need a "Lethal Pride" timeless jewel where you currently have your watcher's eye. Search the thread for some good ones.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
Last edited by Wilson_Chan on Mar 15, 2024, 5:53:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info