3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Dothraki wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering why my DPS is so incredibly low, my gear does not seem so bad. Could you pls help me with that?

https://pobb.in/BAXMkbI7GBll

Greetings :D

Hello. Some thoughts, didn't review extensively - also didnt use pob link, imported your char directly)

(damage) - You've got herbalism instead of watchtowers allocated.
Considering the price of tainted oil, you're gonna have to get another amulet and anoint it correctly.

(damage) - Allocate dot mastery (+15% duration)

(damage) - Make your bow 4R2G, get rid of ignite prolif and put prolif on gloves instead (cheap, eldritch currency)

(damage) - Rework links so you can add a [flame surge - arcanist brand - flammability] setup to your build. ANd link your trap to combustion instead of flame surge.

(damage) - Gotta fix your hit chance. Accuracy on rings, gloves. Also get the eldritch implicit on gloves for % global accuracy.
Stats you want really high on gloves : spell suppr, attack speed, accuracy.

(defences)- Brass dome is nice, i'll give it to you, but you gotta have a plan to fix your spell suppression if using it, right now you're at 47% and you want that value to be 100.
You're also using the +15% evasion mastery and it can't work with brass dome as it has no evasion.
(damage/defences) A good option is hyrri's instead. You'd be almost capped in spell suppression swapping them. But you'd ofc lose a lot of armour and the crit immunity.

(defences) - Recommending fixing fire res and swapping out purity of elements for determination, whatever body armour you pick.

(damage/defences)- Considering you're using starkonja, swap immediately for devoto's devotion for now, costs nothing and won't give you a 50% less damage when you're on low life

(damage)- make your dyadian 42% with catalysts

(damage/defences) - League bonuses : Change your ascendency thing to the charms one. It seems to be the consensus, could help you fixing things/have build flexibility. I think someone mentioned it and the reservation, free banner, covered in ash etc things. [not an expert, not playing the league]

(general) Tree : take a look at others here, your cluster setup has to be completely remade.
Current issues :
- small cluster is nice but you want a 3 passive one.
- your large cluster on the contrary is too big, too many points lost in it.
- megalomaniac not opti. Prefer something like a medium cluster (4) with ancestral echo and sleepless sentries for example.
Then, jewels to optimize (but not the priority right now)

Thank you very much, i will look around :D
"
Wilson_Chan wrote:
"
Dothraki wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering why my DPS is so incredibly low, my gear does not seem so bad. Could you pls help me with that?

https://pobb.in/BAXMkbI7GBll

Greetings :D

Sorry but I have to check - have you done the POB Config correctly? You may be POBing low, because you've not set things up right on the Configuration screen. I only ask because this happened to me.

>>> Yes to Frenzy and Endurance Charges
>>> Onslaught if you have it (if not get a totem medium cluster with Sleepless Sentries)
>>> Yes you have convergence (assuming you are bossing)
>>> Enemy is ignited
>>> Enemy is shocked
>>> Enemy was hit by cold damage

Doing the above moved you Full DPS from 6.9M to 18.8M which is respectable.

Otherwise, whatever Headtourist says.

Thank you too!
How much damage and ehp should you have with this build to attempt some Über-something?
I now killed pretty much every non-Über boss. Mostly with so much damage that I didn't even need to pay attention to mechanics.
But I don't want to spend a lot of money on trying it if I am going to fail anyways.

I am sitting at 11M damage for über pinnacle bosses and still at 51k ehp.

"
Vacoh wrote:
How much damage and ehp should you have with this build to attempt some Über-something?
I now killed pretty much every non-Über boss. Mostly with so much damage that I didn't even need to pay attention to mechanics.
But I don't want to spend a lot of money on trying it if I am going to fail anyways.

I see you at more than that, both damage and def (mostly def)
You should be fine trying uber cortex (unless bad rng giving awful modifiers on him). See how it goes there, he's an easy one.

Then, it's also about the fights. For example, uber maven is really easy if you master the mechanics.

EAb crafts info : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/25179328
I like that build. Especially with an extra arrow implicit on a bow.
"
Headtourist wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:

I see you at more than that, both damage and def (mostly def)
You should be fine trying uber cortex (unless bad rng giving awful modifiers on him). See how it goes there, he's an easy one.

Then, it's also about the fights. For example, uber maven is really easy if you master the mechanics.

Then there's something wrong with my configuration in pob. 11,3M is what it's showing for me when set to über pinnacle. I set it to that because I've been beyond the 35M for normal pinnacle ones, so doesn't really show me anything there anymore.

Normal Maven was actually pretty easy. But I think for the buffed up version I can't skip the mechanics with damage I guess.
Last edited by Vacoh on Feb 24, 2024, 1:25:01 PM
Even approaching maxed-out build the harder Ubers will still one-or-two shot you. Its mostly about killing them quicker so you don't need to dodge for as long.

If you have the skill you can kill them all with inexpensive gear. But you still need to know the fights and have reasonable twitch-skills whatever your gear.

You can't face-roll much beyond Uber Cortex.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
Last edited by Wilson_Chan on Feb 25, 2024, 10:03:12 AM
First time posting. I kind of understand the game after years of playing, a large hiatus and now back. Tried my best this league using this guide, and i cheated a little bit at times looking at the maxroll version. I am currently happy doing T16 maps usually, and with 3-4k wisps i will die a bunch, but usually can complete the map just fine. Working on "gitting gud', so some of it is me. I just feel squishy and my progression is totally capped. I have points allocated to extra accuracy / hit chance on the tree, those could go somewhere else, but that will drop my # of fuses. Clearly i am missing a key aspect of the build. One thing i fixed after posting this was my lightning resists, just flipped fire to lightning on the amulet. left over from a recent change.

https://pobb.in/9xSzx__hJCKG

is the best i have build it so far. Have 4-5 div left, maybe 10 if I can sell a bunch of stuff i don't need, and it currently takes me too long to get more currency. i feel my bow and quiver are great. I know i can improve on amulet and ring. I probably have my skills all jacked up now, but don't see which change would make it significantly better. Damage output is decent. I think i copied the POB link correctly here.

I am reaching out to the forum gods because I just don't know how to improve anymore. It may be that the little changes left for me to do are just too expensive at the moment. I am hoping to understand what changes i need to focus on to be better, and better understand the game for the next league.

Anyone willing to take a look? I will take any advise you are willing to share. I also read the previous couple of posts and see some things that may apply to me as well. This is as much a request to get better now, as it is to just be better prepared next league.
Last edited by Thavith on Feb 25, 2024, 3:32:40 PM
Firstly - don't be disheartened. That looks about right for Level 91. TBH I'm surprised you are "happy" in 3-4K T16 maps. I wouldn't have been so happy at L91 trying those.

If you are dying, then your priority should be levelling. You probably aren't ready for juicing T16s and can still get good XP from more level-appropriate content.

Wiser heads will no doubt give you more detail, but I'd say:

a) I can't see your atlas tree but picking the "Wellspring of Creation" keystone made me a lot less squishy when levelling, at the cost of a little clear-speed. Your DPS is plenty for levelling.
b) As a project, work on getting more life. Your helmet and chest have no life so you are going to have to work hard to find some with your other slots.
c) I'm a fan of combining Defiance of Destiny and Death Rush for levelling. You should swap a charm for one with "Chance to cover rare or unique enemies in ash on hit". That way you can swap Polaric Devastation for Death Rush. The ring and amulet are about 100chaos each (without checking); the charm less (or just keep checking primal huntress in the wisp-wood).

Minor observations:
- The hunter glove are nice, but you are missing the flexibility that two eldritch implicits would bring. I'd get a pair with attack speed and high-rolled life.
- Projectile damage and fire-res penetration don't really do anything for this build. So no use from the charm or gloves.
- See my earlier list of charm mods to perhaps prioritize while you work on killing the King of Mists in his citadel and getting the third slot.
Current Build: Level 100 Elementalist EA Totem
https://pobb.in/MKAloyhqUAOA
- Bossing
- Mapping
Last edited by Wilson_Chan on Feb 26, 2024, 11:22:14 AM
Awesome. Super helpful. I have one of those charms, so will switch that out today. I will find wellspring of creation. Your comments about dying and t16, and being level 91, made me realize I die way too much. I will focus on some leveling for now. 3-4 more skill points might help. I may come back here to figure out where to put those for best effect.

The gloves are nice but I learned something very important from you :-) hopefully that will help during this league, but certainly next league as well. I will build a new pair of gloves.

The other comments gave me a bunch to ponder. Much appreciated as well.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info