3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
bizbiz77 wrote:
Hello guys

I've updated my build since the last time I posted here.

From your pob, it looks like Lethal Pride and Unnatural Instinct are important. The latter is pricey, but the former is now.

I'm not sure how they work. UI allocates you all the passives in the radius, correct? How does LP help / work?
I was wondering if I could get some advice on where to go with the build next? Would it be worth it to give up chaos resistance for Curse enemies on my ring?

https://pastebin.com/JTxgxnbj
"
Averil62 wrote:
I'm not sure how they work. UI allocates you all the passives in the radius, correct? How does LP help / work?

You are right for UI.

LP modify the nodes in it's radius
The one we are using (Karui) add a line to every node in it's radius
On my PoB you can see that Dirty Technique has an Added line : "Ignites you inflict deal damage x % faster" for example.

What it will add on each nodes depend on it's seed eg mine is 14746

To know which seed will work best with youre tree, there is a tool in PoB : Find Timeless Jewel

There are videos explaining how it works, it helps you find the best modifier for youre build and create you a research in PoE trade for the seed that works best with youre tree.

Because they are so random and complicated to price, and because people who drop them (5 ways run) drop so many of them, they tend to fast price them at 1 to 3 divine.

So big boost in dps for cheap price, but needs a bit of work to find the right one for you
"
Krwwpn wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some advice on where to go with the build next? Would it be worth it to give up chaos resistance for Curse enemies on my ring?

I think 75% chaos res is not needed you can drop some
But Flammability on arcanist brand setup works nicely you can leave it like that.

What you need is attack speed you go from 14M dps to 18M dps vs boss with 20 stack of explosive arrow

You can grab some by adding cast when damage taken + lightning golem in youre boots instead of CoD Portal
And maybe some more in ring + large cluster Jewel + quiver to reach 20 fuse

Don't forget the catalyst on the belt it's a huge dps boost also
"
"
bizbiz77 wrote:
"
Averil62 wrote:

"
You are right for UI.

So the advantage is that you get the benefit of the passive nodes in the radius, but don't have to spend the points. That's pretty sweet.

"
LP modify the nodes in it's radius
The one we are using (Karui) add a line to every node in it's radius
On my PoB you can see that Dirty Technique has an Added line : "Ignites you inflict deal damage x % faster" for example.

What it will add on each nodes depend on it's seed eg mine is 14746

Yeah, that seems complicated. I'll read up.

Thanks for the info. And for the build.
how good are impossible escape and unnatural instinct? they are both at least 10 div each so i want to know if are they worth it? will i notice a significant difference? a lot of the time when doing expensive upgrades(for all builds) i dont really notice too much difference
"
bizbiz77 wrote:
"
Krwwpn wrote:

I think 75% chaos res is not needed you can drop some
But Flammability on arcanist brand setup works nicely you can leave it like that.

What you need is attack speed you go from 14M dps to 18M dps vs boss with 20 stack of explosive arrow

You can grab some by adding cast when damage taken + lightning golem in youre boots instead of CoD Portal
And maybe some more in ring + large cluster Jewel + quiver to reach 20 fuse

Don't forget the catalyst on the belt it's a huge dps boost also

I bought a new bow and quiver and got the attack speed up to 2.43, the belt was done, not sure why it wasn't showing. I also switched over to a bow cluster.
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
how good are impossible escape and unnatural instinct? they are both at least 10 div each so i want to know if are they worth it? will i notice a significant difference? a lot of the time when doing expensive upgrades(for all builds) i dont really notice too much difference

Unnatural Instinct's value comes from the fact that it is a passive point saver.

1. The Bow Mastery wheel gives:
36% (3x 12%) increased Damage with Bows
30% (2 x 15%) increased Evasion Rating
24% (2 x 12%) increased Damage Over Time with Bow Skills
8% (2 x 4%) increased Attack Speed with Bows
16% (2 x 8%) chance to gain Phasing for 4 seconds on Kill

2. Part of the Attack Mastery wheel gives:
36% (3 x 12%) increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills
3% increased Attack Speed

3. The little small Dex node to the left gives:
+10 to Dexterity.

The price we pay for all of these is 1 passive point (a JEWEL passive, so it's precious) and not being able to take Avatar of the Hunt. All in all, very good value for a jewel.

Precise Technique's Impossible Escape is a powerhouse. The notables available are:

1. Farsight
24% increased Damage with Bows
24% increased Damage Over Time with Bow Skills
16% increased Accuracy Rating with Bows
6% increased Attack Speed with Bows
Spoiler
so. much. damage. in a single notable!
the accuracy rating is also great so we can skip accuracy mods on some items.
even outside of the notable, the small passive that gives 24% damage and 3% attack rate could be worth getting if there are spare passive points available.
2.Entrench
+10% chance to Suppress Spell Damage
Life Flasks gain 3 Charges when you Suppress Spell Damage
Spoiler
Easy way to cap spell suppression. the small passives beside also give 5% suppression if absolutely required.
3. Utmost Swiftness
+40 to Dexterity
8% increased Dexterity
Spoiler
dex is such a useful stat for us -- each point gives accuracy and evasion. when we pair it with Magebane (1% suppression from 15 dex; but evasion from dex is nullified), having a % increase from this node supplements suppression from dex.
4. Thick Skin
10% increased maximum Life
8% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
Spoiler
doesn't need explaining. very strong.
5. Freedom of Movement
10% increased Movement Speed while Phasing
40% increased Evasion Rating while Phasing
+20 to Dexterity
Spoiler
from the Bow Mastery wheel above, we get easy access to phasing. good synergistic QoL here.

Again, the cost of this is a passive point in a jewel socket, but the benefits are overwhelming, and that's why the price is justified.
now that you put it in detail like that they do seem to be very good and worth getting. i'll probably get at least one of them eventually
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Jan 16, 2023, 12:23:52 AM
Hi can someone help me with my EA ballista plea=ase i am very squishy and dont even do a lot of dmg i currently faring eler/siriius/shaper guardian maps. I switched from RF Jugg and was immortal lol. Here is my PoB. https://pastebin.com/yGbdNuLi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info