3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
jonykok wrote:
So, with 6 ballistas and 0% quality gem you need at least 3.333 attacks per second to get 20 fuses.

20% quality gem would be 2.8 attacks per second.

Is that right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/sg9drc/explosive_arrow_attack_speed_breakpoints_explained/

I think this still is accurate. On a sidenote, dont worry too much about the breakpoints. They are under laboratory conditions and are not likely ever to happen like this. Usually some of your ballistas are dead, or recast, or too far away, or there is no LOS....
"
jonykok wrote:
So, with 6 ballistas and 0% quality gem you need at least 3.333 attacks per second to get 20 fuses.

Is that right?
Yup.

We'll usually have mods that increase our skill duration, and I've added some common examples for reference. With longer duration, we can afford lower attack rates, but it means we'll need to wait for a very long time before the fuse explodes.

In the last row, you can see how running a 20qual EA makes the duration go up to 1.551s (for example when we're running with Malevolence, and with notables like Tempered Arrowheads). This makes mapping very clumsy, so it's often a better idea to stick to 0% quality on EA while getting our attack speed up to match the Skill Duration.

Of course, this is simplified and doesn't include calculations of convergence saving, staggered firing and placement speed. I don't dare to go near those details.
"
the pob you've given has another set of auras in a 6-link that is stronger than the lvl 18 defiance banner that you're checking against, so there won't be any increase if you enabled the latter. i assume you imported that elsewhere, so i went to fetch your current POB instead.

User error. My apologies.

I can see the difference it makes now, but it's not much. Maybe 2% more damage mitigation, no change to evasion. Seems like a small gain for an aura. I think malevolence might be a better investment.
I'm testing "Attacks have a #% chance to Maim on Hit" eater implicit on gloves, paired with "Enemies Maimed by you take 8% increased Damage Over Time" enchantment on belt.

1. Does anyone know how to check if a monster has been Maimed?
2. Do our ballistas Maim at the same rate (% chance) as we do?
3. Does the enchantment's condition for "Enemies Maimed by you" work for totems doing the Maiming for us?
"
limevan wrote:
"
jonykok wrote:

Is that right?
Yup.

We'll usually have mods that increase our skill duration, and I've added some common examples for reference. With longer duration, we can afford lower attack rates, but it means we'll need to wait for a very long time before the fuse explodes.

In the last row, you can see how running a 20qual EA makes the duration go up to 1.551s (for example when we're running with Malevolence, and with notables like Tempered Arrowheads). This makes mapping very clumsy, so it's often a better idea to stick to 0% quality on EA while getting our attack speed up to match the Skill Duration.

Of course, this is simplified and doesn't include calculations of convergence saving, staggered firing and placement speed. I don't dare to go near those details.

Yeap, got it.

How much aspd do you guys get?

I got 2.5 and I dont think I can get much more than that.
Last edited by jonykok on Jan 14, 2023, 10:58:05 PM
What should be priority on bow? I'm about to invest a bunch of currency into a bow and I would like it to last me until the end of the league.

The guide has short/thicket but the POB shows Imperial.

My understanding is...

Attack Speed - 1.75+
+1 Socket Gems
+2 Bow Gems
Fire Damage Over time

After this what do I prioritize?

Fire damage as extra chaos?
Elemental damage with attacks?
Accuracy?
Other?

Thank you!
I would craft the following:

T1 speed, +3, Dot multi/fire multi (- you can get both on a very expensive craft) and fire as extra chaos damage. Enchant quality adds attack speed and that would be a great bow.

Speed and fire multi/dot multi would be all suffixes. +3 and extra chaos prefixes.

Otherwise, t1 speed,+3, fire dot multi and if you have either an open suffix or prefix go from there.
"
Yeap, got it.

You only have one attack speed mod on your quiver (should/could be two), you dont have attack speed on your helmet (need blizzard crown or alike), you dont have attack speed on your watchers eye and low rolls on your other jewels. You could put attack speed as second mod on one of your utility flasks.

All in all I have 3.02 atm. https://pastebin.com/FaxBt4r3

With "Attack speed if you killed recently" (boot enchant) it goes up to 3.13. Another option is the sanctified relic. With my current +14% AS its up to 3.26 AS (+15% AS would be max)

"action speed" implicit on boots doesnt seem to be recognized by PoB (or I am too stupid to find it)
Last edited by VigorDracul on Jan 15, 2023, 2:59:51 AM
"
VigorDracul wrote:
"
Yeap, got it.

You only have one attack speed mod on your quiver (should/could be two), you dont have attack speed on your helmet (need blizzard crown or alike), you dont have attack speed on your watchers eye and low rolls on your other jewels. You could put attack speed as second mod on one of your utility flasks.

All in all I have 3.02 atm. https://pastebin.com/FaxBt4r3

With "Attack speed if you killed recently" (boot enchant) it goes up to 3.13. Another option is the sanctified relic. With my current +14% AS its up to 3.26 AS (+15% AS would be max)

"action speed" implicit on boots doesnt seem to be recognized by PoB (or I am too stupid to find it)

Action Speed in this case increases our Movement Speed and Totem Placement Speed, but not Attack Rate. In your case, the Action Speed implicit has already been taken into account by PoB.

Having good attack speed is very useful, but once we're at the threshold of compromising on ignite damage, it might be better to strike a balance. Going beyond 2.75 Attack Rate is probably for setting Divergent EA up, but before doing that, it's best to get Ignite capped first.
"
limevan wrote:
"
flewychan wrote:
Can anyone look and see what else i can upgrade/change in my skill tree?

https://pastebin.com/zAPWba3i

you're linking my old pob?

oh my , im terribly sorry..

https://pastebin.com/cUzyc7qA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info