3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"

Ah thanks, I'll search up some clusters tonight and see what I can afford, the only one I bought was the large cluster with Tempered Arrowheads and Prowess. I put that enchant on the amulet for more HP, always hate random one shots. But the small/medium clusters I just tried to fit whatever I had.

One thing I always have issue prioritizing is what is more important, DoT, elemental damage, fire damage etc. I know I'm heavy on resists because I can drop purity of elements and still almost be at 75% across the board, but then have to figure out how to deal with elemental aliments and pick up Grace.

I'd say the two mediums are more important than the large, getting that Onslaught + placement speed + duration is really nice. I know its frustrating to get one shot and I was really frustrated for a long time. You definitely don't want to be trying to level your character, its better to play fast and buy the EXP. Once you don't care about dying, you know what Duration allows you to do? Drop 6 totems on a boss before you die. For some reason (imo, a ridiculously stupid ggg design choice).. your totems become invincible after a few seconds and will continue to fight the boss! A portal for a boss or essence or big rare is worth it until you farm up enough to have great DPS/low life and then you can begin to add life where you can.

A part of it is also map mods. You shouldn't suffer through maps with mods like can't inflict exposure, monsters %elemental avoid or less life regen or Monster crits..

I'm also confused about the "DoT, elemental damage, fire damage etc." I think Damage over time and Ignites deal faster with attackspeed/life is good... Ele/fire/burning dmg would be secondary but I might be wrong.

I've never thought about "dealing with elemental ailments". With Soul of Brine king and Abberath it hasn't bothered me.

Determination, Grace and a low precision give you like 50%phys red /60%evade /85%hit which I'd say is enough. Even with my Enlighten 4 I'm not running a 4th aura, just a higher level Precision.

Flasks are so flexible, you could use a Ele resist flask to cap for now with activate on full flasks if resistances are a problem, as long as you have the dmg and speed (onslaught from cluster, quicksilver, phasing flask) to run through mobs while crapping out totems.
Last edited by Profemi on Oct 13, 2022, 1:57:39 PM
"
Profemi wrote:
"

Ah thanks, I'll search up some clusters tonight and see what I can afford, the only one I bought was the large cluster with Tempered Arrowheads and Prowess. I put that enchant on the amulet for more HP, always hate random one shots. But the small/medium clusters I just tried to fit whatever I had.

One thing I always have issue prioritizing is what is more important, DoT, elemental damage, fire damage etc. I know I'm heavy on resists because I can drop purity of elements and still almost be at 75% across the board, but then have to figure out how to deal with elemental aliments and pick up Grace.

I'd say the two mediums are more important than the large, getting that Onslaught + placement speed + duration is really nice. I know its frustrating to get one shot and I was really frustrated for a long time. You definitely don't want to be trying to level your character, its better to play fast and buy the EXP. Once you don't care about dying, you know what Duration allows you to do? Drop 6 totems on a boss before you die. For some reason (imo, a ridiculously stupid ggg design choice).. your totems become invincible after a few seconds and will continue to fight the boss! A portal for a boss or essence or big rare is worth it until you farm up enough to have great DPS/low life and then you can begin to add life where you can.

A part of it is also map mods. You shouldn't suffer through maps with mods like can't inflict exposure, monsters %elemental avoid or less life regen or Monster crits..

I'm also confused about the "DoT, elemental damage, fire damage etc." I think Damage over time and Ignites deal faster with attackspeed/life is good... Ele/fire/burning dmg would be secondary but I might be wrong.

I've never thought about "dealing with elemental ailments". With Soul of Brine king and Abberath it hasn't bothered me.

Determination, Grace and a low precision give you like 60%phys red /50%evade /85%hit. Even with my Enlighten 4 I'm not running a 4th aura, just a higher level Precision.

Ha, yes I was enjoying that last night on a new (to me) end game boss (unique map Synthesis(sp) boss or whatever, I failed :() But do like watching my totems pretty much kill stuff after I've died before I respawn.

I'm still new overall to the game, so just kinda getting a feel for how to farm and speed through maps. I do have that soul captured in the pantheon so I should re-evaluate my set up (again, sigh) and see what I can come up with.
Why faster attacks gem is not used if we want attack speed? Maybe because we reach some cap from other sources?
"
emaster wrote:
Why faster attacks gem is not used if we want attack speed? Maybe because we reach some cap from other sources?

I think it's recommend at the start because totems don't live long when starting out. But as you level and get passives this isn't a problem anymore and it's too important to have as a skill gem when you have other more damaging options.
Last edited by Illuminance_DY on Oct 13, 2022, 2:16:20 PM
I gave back a lot of information today, hope to help some of you out. Still waiting for any ideas on my MF version post earlier :)

Here is one last massive QoL tip I have for you exiles just in case you didn't know.

For EA and for Dash, CHECKMARK Always Attack Without Moving button!!

This made the build SO much smoother for myself. Dash becomes much more responsive as an escape tool and you can use totems while running. Just hold down your Move Only left click and press EA, this way you never stop moving and will get 1shot less often.

Don't try and kill packs 1 by 1 by placing totems and moving back... It's much faster to keep running forward while leaving totems behind. You will eat more deaths but also clear fast and pick up stuff later.
Last edited by Profemi on Oct 13, 2022, 2:28:27 PM
Can you somehow fit all the auras with level 3 enlighten? I mean maybe take some passives somewhere, or on the gear?
"
emaster wrote:
Can you somehow fit all the auras with level 3 enlighten? I mean maybe take some passives somewhere, or on the gear?

MAYBE, but I think you'd also have to path over to where Charisma is and get those to fit them all in, or have some gear with additional reservation bonuses on it. They made it a lot harder to keep all auras.

Also I'm all in on this build, broke now but used 1 divine per cluster last night to get two with nice passives and the recommended notables. Next is deciding if my amulet is good enough to buy one oil I don't have to put watch towers on it. Also dropped purity of elements for grace and swapped pantheon, haven't noticed any issues yet.

small cluster with reservation, 25 inc effect and uncompromising mod.
Last edited by Bogdanovici1 on Oct 14, 2022, 12:34:18 PM
"
Bogdanovici1 wrote:

small cluster with reservation, 25 inc effect and uncompromising mod.

It works! Thanks. Though precision has to be of pretty low level but that's fine.
get more levels and path to acuity and take the precision mastery ( 100 % reservation), or enlighten 4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info