3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
FrydChickn wrote:
How do you run 5 aura setup without Purity of Elements effeciency enchant on helm? I'll link Gear and POB below if anyone can help.

POB: https://pastebin.com/Adkmz963

I checked you pob and without enchant on helmet you can drop precision since you have 100% hit chance, since you have lot of accuracy on you items, so you precision is not needed

Can this build get 100 in this league?
"
FrydChickn wrote:
How do you run 5 aura setup without Purity of Elements effeciency enchant on helm? I'll link Gear and POB below if anyone can help.

POB: https://pastebin.com/Adkmz963

To run 5 aura you need the Grace has 25% reservation node on the tree and not a maxed out precision, I'm currently running precision level 8 and get 95% hit rate with a t1 accuracy ring.

"
eosguy wrote:
"
MattiaV wrote:

Yeah I'm nearly done with the gear thanks to your guide and Palsteron starting tips, just switched to 5 aura setup and nothing really oneshot me at all now, just some ground/poison/bleed effect are nasty but overall it's really good.

I'm on a tight budget - based on your experience would it be better to run 5 aura setup with Enlighten lvl 4 or is Unnatural Instinct a better purchase, since both are roughly equal in price.

Unnatural Instict open some nice points for the build, I'll probably go Unnatural instict > Clusters > 5 aura setup for upgrades you can do.
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Tiraelum wrote:
Greetings everyone.

Can someone look up into my POB to guide me what i'm doing wrong?
Kinda new to the build, so not familiar with DoT stacking mechanics so dunno where to improve furthermore.
https://pastebin.com/Qp6qMr6Q

Best regards!

your atk speed is quite low. In your passive tree, where you selected the bow mastery, remove the 2 points on the left and take the right ones for atk speed.

maybe replace the one jewel with one that has +atk speed and +atk speed with bows

Get gloves with atk speed, your bow should have atk speed too but thats hard to replace in your case since you have a +3 bow, but atk speed is most important and maybe even more important than 1 gem level.

I personally would use a Quiver with accuracy implicit (two-point is the name) and atk speed and +accuracy on it.

You also waste 1 passive point at the top next to elemental overload. You could take the strength node below and remove the 2 int nodes. With this point and another level up you could take the jewel slot at the bottom to socket another atk speed jewel.

als your cold resistance is insanely high. You mabye wanna find a grove and craft one cold resistance of an item to lightning. Allowing you to remove the elemental mastery node and putting this point somewhere else.

You could also replace your boots to get a more well rounded mix of ele resistance, allowing you to free up more passive points which you have invested for resistances.

You could annoint watchtower on your amulet, allowing you to free more points. With so much free points you could go to the top to socket a cluster jewel

Overall your current setup is quite defense focused which of course results in a bit lower dps. But generally most of your offensive stuff is "increase damage" but the best damage increase is atk speed, followed by accuracy until you have 99~100% hit chance.

With your current setup you only get approx. 10 fuses. getting atk speed on bow, gloves and jewels could bring this up to 13, which is a rough 40-45% damage increase. (Technically it is 50% but I factored in that you have to sacrifice some damage increasing stats)

how do you know how many fuses you get ? i thought you always get 20 , cuz says that on explosive arrow gem , and 24 on divergent.

and could you guys help me why im getting so many hit kills ?
https://poe.ninja/pob/7HG my POB
"
LordOfChaos94 wrote:
how do you know how many fuses you get ? i thought you always get 20 , cuz says that on explosive arrow gem , and 24 on divergent.

Check the guide, there is a way to calculate how many fuses you have.

I checked your pob, you're not running grace so evasion is low, spell suppression is not capped, chaos res is really low and you should get it up a little if you can also run a ignite removal flask if you can, there is just so much ignite/bleed going around you die fast.
HP are low too but that you should fix slowly while gearing, I got 4.7k HP right now, should aim for at least 4/4.5k to help a bit.
Hey, I feel like I am missing something with elemental equilibrium. I have Hyrri's ire for add the added cold dmg but the monsters never change to vulnerable to fire which makes sense with all of the fire dmg.

Lightning Spire trap makes sense but that only applies for a split second since the totems are always firing. I looked at other peoples builds and they take EE and do not run lightning trap. What am I missing, how do I use EE correctly to get the debuff?
Last edited by TGGarrett on May 22, 2022, 4:35:46 AM
hello.what skills should I take in the pantheon
"
LordOfChaos94 wrote:
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
Tiraelum wrote:
Greetings everyone.

Can someone look up into my POB to guide me what i'm doing wrong?
Kinda new to the build, so not familiar with DoT stacking mechanics so dunno where to improve furthermore.
https://pastebin.com/Qp6qMr6Q

Best regards!

your atk speed is quite low. In your passive tree, where you selected the bow mastery, remove the 2 points on the left and take the right ones for atk speed.

maybe replace the one jewel with one that has +atk speed and +atk speed with bows

Get gloves with atk speed, your bow should have atk speed too but thats hard to replace in your case since you have a +3 bow, but atk speed is most important and maybe even more important than 1 gem level.

I personally would use a Quiver with accuracy implicit (two-point is the name) and atk speed and +accuracy on it.

You also waste 1 passive point at the top next to elemental overload. You could take the strength node below and remove the 2 int nodes. With this point and another level up you could take the jewel slot at the bottom to socket another atk speed jewel.

als your cold resistance is insanely high. You mabye wanna find a grove and craft one cold resistance of an item to lightning. Allowing you to remove the elemental mastery node and putting this point somewhere else.

You could also replace your boots to get a more well rounded mix of ele resistance, allowing you to free up more passive points which you have invested for resistances.

You could annoint watchtower on your amulet, allowing you to free more points. With so much free points you could go to the top to socket a cluster jewel

Overall your current setup is quite defense focused which of course results in a bit lower dps. But generally most of your offensive stuff is "increase damage" but the best damage increase is atk speed, followed by accuracy until you have 99~100% hit chance.

With your current setup you only get approx. 10 fuses. getting atk speed on bow, gloves and jewels could bring this up to 13, which is a rough 40-45% damage increase. (Technically it is 50% but I factored in that you have to sacrifice some damage increasing stats)

you never know EXACTLY how many you get. You can only make a rough estimation since based on certain circumstances your atk speed changes and ballistas can miss. I always assume the best case scenario just to have base to compare things. And with "miss" I btw do not mean the mathematical calculated chance to not hit, I mean literally the enemie moves out of the way.

Fuses are only stuck for a certain amount of time before exploding. 20 is the MAXIMUM nothing else. Of course 20 would be ideal but its unrealistic. If you check the skill description you see the duration of how long these fuses are stuck. Base duration is 1 Second. So to assume you get 20 fuses, this would mean that your balistas are fast enought to hit an enemy 20 times PER SECOND. I think i do not have to mention that this is not the case.

So the higher your attack speed, the more fuses you put into the enemy before the explosion. Increase in Duration gives your balistas more time, which in return increases DPS drastically but lowers clear speed. Some do not recommend duration but to be honest, wating 1s for the booom vs wating 1,3 seconds for the boom is not that big of a deal.

The Calcuation is Attack Rate aka Attacks per Second * Number of Totems (assuming 6) * Hit Chance * Duration of Explosion Arrow. This gives you the number of fuses. Having 1 more fuses is most of the times a bigger dps increase than anything else
"
TGGarrett wrote:
Hey, I feel like I am missing something with elemental equilibrium. I have Hyrri's ire for add the added cold dmg but the monsters never change to vulnerable to fire which makes sense with all of the fire dmg.

Lightning Spire trap makes sense but that only applies for a split second since the totems are always firing. I looked at other peoples builds and they take EE and do not run lightning trap. What am I missing, how do I use EE correctly to get the debuff?

sadly you provided no PoB and your profile is private but I assume you have any source of Fire Damage on hit.

You do not need any other skills for EE. Simply said EA does 2 things: hitting and exploding. With the Hit, you want to deal either lightning or cold damage but NO fire damage to apply Exposure from EE. Shot hits with lightning damage -> applies exposure -> explosion comes in -> thanks to exposure = big damage. Thats what you want.

If you have fire damage on hit, you buff the enemy with fire resistance and when the explosion comes, it deals reduced damage. So one item, e.g. quiver or ring with only "add 1 fire damage to attacks" will insanely lower your damage. Hover over EA in your skillbar and see if there is any "X to Y fire damage" mentioned besides of the explosion.
"
Hakairo wrote:
"
TGGarrett wrote:

sadly you provided no PoB and your profile is private but I assume you have any source of Fire Damage on hit.

You do not need any other skills for EE. Simply said EA does 2 things: hitting and exploding. With the Hit, you want to deal either lightning or cold damage but NO fire damage to apply Exposure from EE. Shot hits with lightning damage -> applies exposure -> explosion comes in -> thanks to exposure = big damage. Thats what you want.

If you have fire damage on hit, you buff the enemy with fire resistance and when the explosion comes, it deals reduced damage. So one item, e.g. quiver or ring with only "add 1 fire damage to attacks" will insanely lower your damage. Hover over EA in your skillbar and see if there is any "X to Y fire damage" mentioned besides of the explosion.

Ahhh okay, did not know the explosion did not count for EE. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info