[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

What should we level in second weapon slot? Guide says mirage archer but it will be swapped with empower support, so maybe vicious projectiles instead? also which of those two is better in 5link? thanks for great work :]
"
grajmer wrote:
What should we level in second weapon slot? Guide says mirage archer but it will be swapped with empower support, so maybe vicious projectiles instead? also which of those two is better in 5link? thanks for great work :]

Toxic Rain > Void Manipulation Support > Vicious Projectiles Support > Faster Attacks Support >Efficacy Support is the priority, but it also depends on your progress. If you struggle with bosses, for example, getting a 21/20 Vicious Projectiles Support can be more beneficial than a Void Manipulation Support.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Sep 11, 2022, 11:54:01 AM
Great guide, was able to complete atlas for the first time with this build but i seem to have hit a wall in my progression. I finally got the dream bow with all the right modifiers (as described in your guide) but i am unable to kill any of the guardian bosses or any boss outside of the map bosses. It's really frustrating because I spent 6 div getting this bow and I feel like it hasn't made any difference.

Also, I followed your build as closely as possible but still feel as though I'm not tanky enough and I just get randomly 1 shot by some bosses despite having 20k armor and 11k evasion base (without flasks). Not sure what I'm doing wrong and how I can further increase my damage. I was thinking of switching to iolite rings instead for more damage, but not sure if that is a good idea. Appreciate any input.
Last edited by mystiking on Sep 14, 2022, 12:39:58 PM
"
mystiking wrote:
Great guide, was able to complete atlas for the first time with this build but i seem to have hit a wall in my progression. I finally got the dream bow with all the right modifiers (as described in your guide) but i am unable to kill any of the guardian bosses or any boss outside of the map bosses. It's really frustrating because I spent 6 div getting this bow and I feel like it hasn't made any difference.

Also, I followed your build as closely as possible but still feel as though I'm not tanky enough and I just get randomly 1 shot by some bosses despite having 20k armor and 11k evasion base (without flasks). Not sure what I'm doing wrong and how I can further increase my damage. I was thinking of switching to iolite rings instead for more damage, but not sure if that is a good idea. Appreciate any input.

Hey there, here's some feedback (all damage increase numbers are based on your current setup and are therefore additive, but not 1:1 ofc):

1. The reason you want the late game bow is because you can scale Empower Support with it greatly - you don't have an Empower in your bow yet. Replace Mirage Archer Support with Empower Support Level 3 (or 4) and you get ~25% increased damage (~33%)

2. Your main and secondary gem setup only consists of level 20/20 gem. If you go for 21/20 your damage is increased by ~16%.

3. According to your PoB you don't have an anointment on your amulet. If you add 'Corruption' as an anointment, your damage is increased by ~16%.

4. Your crafted mod on your bow adds nothing sicne the build solely does DoT damage. Get another one.

5. According to your PoB you have 122% spell suppression. You only need 100%. As a result you can either have less spell suppression on your gear which allows you to go for other mods OR you re-invest skill points that currently give you spell suppression you don't need (e.g. for life nodes).

6. Pretty much each life mod on your items has a low value. Change that. You should have around 5,5 - 6k life at that point.

7. Your rings have no life mods at all.

8. Your flask setup is suboptimal (e.g. your Granite Flask provides additional Elemental Resitsances which you don't need; your Silver Flask provides reduced Curse effect which you don't need sicne you remove curses with your mana flask anyway). Check the flask setup in the 'Survivabilty Scaling' section to see which ones you should have.

9. Your Large Cluster Jewel has 10 Passive Skills. You want to have 8 (to be able to invest more skill points elsewhere).

10. Your Medium Cluster jewel have 5 and 6 Passive Skills. You want to have 4 (to be able to invest more skill points elsewhere).

11. Your current Cast When Damage Setup doesn't work at all. Cast When Damage taken has to be Level 11 and Molten Shell has to be level 16. Otherwise the skill doesnt trigger and you won't get his additional defensive layer. On top of that: You should use Vaal Molten Shell in that setup since it gives you an additional emergency button. Check the CWTD section again.

That's what I could see on the first sight, there might be more. I really recommend checking out both the 'Endgame Basics' section and the 'Endgame Items' section in detail again.

In terms of damage, your current setup has ~30% of the potential damage you can have. In terms of defense, your current setup has ~70% of potential defensive layers you can have. As a result, there is a lot of room for improvements!

Hope this helps.
Cheers

PS: You are not as close to the guide as you might think ;)

Last edited by fezz8386 on Sep 14, 2022, 8:08:14 PM
Hey thanks for the reply man, really appreciate the effort you put into replying and looking at my build. Everything you said makes sense. The only point i didnt get is about the bow. It has the same mods as the one from your guide, whats wrong with it?

Also, is this build just not meant to be a fast clearer compared to other builds? I can 1 shot packs but I just cant seem to zoom around maps as much as other builds since there isnt a a lot of built in movement speed with this build. But I guess that's the trade off for tankiness.
"
mystiking wrote:
Hey thanks for the reply man, really appreciate the effort you put into replying and looking at my build. Everything you said makes sense. The only point i didnt get is about the bow. It has the same mods as the one from your guide, whats wrong with it?

Also, is this build just not meant to be a fast clearer compared to other builds? I can 1 shot packs but I just cant seem to zoom around maps as much as other builds since there isnt a a lot of built in movement speed with this build. But I guess that's the trade off for tankiness.

Your bow is absolutely fine, but to benefit the most from it, you have to use Empower Support instead of Mirage Archer Support since Empower gains +3 levels which is a huge damage bonus (with Empower Level 3 you get ~25% increased damage, with Empower Level 4 you get ~33% increased damage - just by switching one gem).

You have pretty low DPS. As a consequence, you clear speed is low. Increase your damage and you will increase your clear speed.
Last edited by fezz8386 on Sep 16, 2022, 12:49:17 AM
I think you mean his quiver instead of the bow? It has fire dot multi on it instead of damage over time/chaos over time.
No I did have the right quiver, but I switched it out for one with more life. Still trying to roll a quiver with chaos mods and tier 1 max life.
I was wondering, when I get the curse enemies with despair on hit ring, can I stop using despair curse gem?
"
M0f0 wrote:
I was wondering, when I get the curse enemies with despair on hit ring, can I stop using despair curse gem?

Quote from the guide:

"In the endgame, you can get a ring with the modifier ‚Curse Enemies with Despair on Hit, with #% increased Effect“. Once you’ve acquired this ring, you no longer have to use (B) Despair manually – in fact, you don’t have to use the Despair gem anymore at all. Instead, all enemies will be cursed when you hit them."

Cheers
Last edited by fezz8386 on Sep 26, 2022, 1:52:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info