[Retracted] WASD Movement

For the record, I use the WASD auto hotkey script in Diablo 3 and it works beautifully. For someone who's been playing games that use WASD exclusively for movement, it's a wonderful thing. Using only the mouse to click click click gives me what feels like repetitive stress injury in my wrist. WASD allows me to click less and save my poor carpal tunnel. :)

With that said, it's probably not all that difficult to translate the Diablo 3 WASD hotkey script to PoE for anyone who also wants WASD. I hate limiting controller input for no good reason (and WASD is exactly like click-and-hold for the character to follow the mouse cursor, which I'm fairly certain PoE will support, so the pathing argument makes no sense).

Anyhow, not trying to troll or flame or anything like that. This game looks really cool, and I definitely appreciate what the devs are trying to do! I just had to come mention that WASD movement might be a possibility even if the game doesn't officially support it.
i would love to be able to control my char with buttons and not just clicks, it will make it easier to dodge hordes of enemies when i die half way through a dungeon and just want to get back to where i was before. seeing as how clicking isn't 10/10 accurate (the icon isn't centred so there can be a lot of miss clicks when attacking or trying to run away from enemies) this would be a great idea (that or fix the icon).

this is one of the very few ARPGs that i play hence why i would propose them adding wasd alongside the normal mouse click movement. it would also make it alot easier for ranged players who always miss click a target and end up moving where they dont want to go (usually in the direction of the enemies).

now i know this will be going against ARPG 'laws' of only being click click = everything, but i personally think this will draw in more players, after all there are a lot of XBLA and modern PC games that went from click click to full stick/button controlled movement so why cant exile follow suite (i doubt it will take a lot of coding either).
I've recently configured my PS3 Dualshock to play POE.

Needless to say I haven't had any issues with the current mapping.

My reasoning for doing this isn't so much the burning desire to kill the mouse and keyboard when playing aRPGs, but is because I'm a dev who spends countless hours hammering away on my mouse and keyboard on a FT basis.

The end result means I won't have arthritic carpal tunnel t-rex arms anytime soon.

While the thought of moving the cursor with an analog stick may seem terrible and cumbersome to many; it really is not that bad. Getting around is a cinch as long as the mouse sensitivity is cranked up on your controller's emulator.
While I'd love to have WASD like in some other rpgs, I doubt the engine would handle it well.
They said they were going to make melee viable in end game. So far it looks like they aren't really trying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info