(Discontinued) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
GiganticIdiot wrote:
to all viewing this thread in 2022....

dont use this build (skeles is fine, but this authors build is terrible). thank me later. Author doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am just guessing that you do not understand my target audience.
This build has been EXTENSIVELY tested as a NEWBIE build, not as an end game build.

Keep that in mind, when you criticize.
"
ImVenge wrote:
"
ImVenge wrote:
Im a little confused as what i should be doing, Pob has different spells/skills to the writted guide, i just hit maps and i have all the detailed spells linked how they are supposed to and i have too many skills to even use.

Right now in order of skill slots from left click to 5 i have Molten shell, Vaal skele, Desecration, summon skele, Dash, Bone offering and Convocation

On CTRL 1-5 i have Determination, Zealotry, Tempest shield, Raise zombie and then Stone golem.

Where do i fit in animate guardian? Are there skills i have listed that dont need to be bound?

Spoke to Odif in /global 8123 and he helped me a lot with my questions
:)

For others reading this, and having the same problem.

Auras do not need to be on your skill bar to be active.
You can put them on the skill bar, activate them, then remove them from the skill bar, and they will still be active.

This can help if you are skill bar starved.

Also, once you get a trigger weapon, you can remove Bone Offering and Desecrate from the skill bar, as they cannot be self casted, once the trigger craft is put on the weapon.

Also, you do NOT want AG on your skill bar, otherwise you might accidentally cast it, and if there is a white item on the ground, it will activate on that white item, over writing your valuable item in the AG.
In regards to pantheon you mention to use "Soul of Garukhan" and capture Piety for 30% reduced effect of curses, piety is a secondary to "Soul of Yugul" though

Is that just a typo or is it to switch out to if you get an ele reflect map or something?
Your necro is thorough and synergistic.
I am absolutely loving this toon.

Coming back after 5 years or so makes this an entirely new game. I remember when there were only 3 Acts. Thanks for the awesome build!
Last edited by 8HzWANip on Feb 20, 2022, 7:00:09 AM
Hi Odif

Thank you so much for this build, it is awesome.

I've just got to the point where I can sink a bit of currency into it, due to a very lucky drop of Brother's Stash divination card (woo!!). Anyhoo.. this allowed me to upgrade my shield to one that recovers % life when you block (as per your guide). A GAME CHANGER!!

I love my skelly army, they rock. And my zombies and animated guardian are super tanky. Having so much fun this expansion. Really apprecioate the time you took to put this build together so that it was understandable and achievable for newbies like me.
Hey man love the way you wrote this guide. Too many build guides assume way too much about the user's knowledge. You walked me through my first build like a true scholar. I do have one extreme rookie question though. I cannot find where in your passive tree you socketed dead reckoning? If you could point that out for me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Thanks for updating this build to 3.17 Been playing this build for a few years now. I always come back to it.
Great build and easy to start. Doing well with it, a couple questions:

So the elemental penetration gem is totally unnecessary if you have a Fleshcrafter, right?

Why Blessed Rebirth? I rarely lose minions and just desecrate/summon more when needed.

I can't find any amulets with +1 all skill gems, was that last league only?

* Also, with life to minions when a minion dies, I find throwing out unlinked SRS seems to keep them constantly topped off in the rare case they're taking too much damage.
Last edited by Sartrusx on Mar 6, 2022, 5:09:15 PM
"
SwarrenTHF wrote:
Hey man love the way you wrote this guide. Too many build guides assume way too much about the user's knowledge. You walked me through my first build like a true scholar. I do have one extreme rookie question though. I cannot find where in your passive tree you socketed dead reckoning? If you could point that out for me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Just to the left of the witch starting area.
"
Sartrusx wrote:
Great build and easy to start. Doing well with it, a couple questions:

So the elemental penetration gem is totally unnecessary if you have a Fleshcrafter, right?

Why Blessed Rebirth? I rarely lose minions and just desecrate/summon more when needed.

I can't find any amulets with +1 all skill gems, was that last league only?

* Also, with life to minions when a minion dies, I find throwing out unlinked SRS seems to keep them constantly topped off in the rare case they're taking too much damage.

The further you go in content, the more damage your minions take. Blessed Rebirth helps keep them alive in very hard content.

If you dont feel you need it, use a dps node instead.

And ya, if you go fleshcrafter, you dont need penetration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info