(Discontinued) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

Can this clear the top aspirational content like Wave 30 Sim, The Feared, etc?

What would the rough budget be for that?
"
GrimzEcho wrote:
Can this clear the top aspirational content like Wave 30 Sim, The Feared, etc?

What would the rough budget be for that?

In 3.16 Skel mages were one of the top overall builds for end game content.
In particular they are amazing for 30 sim.

I personally never took them that far, so I don't know the budget, but...

I believe they go farther on less currency than other builds.

But...
My build guides are focused on getting newbies to t15 maps, not on killing endgame stuff.

For endgame content some tweaks have to be made, as I made some choices to simplify things for newbies.

You should check out Ghazzy's Skel Mage build, or Kay's Skel Mage build for how to optimize for end game bosses.
So the build shows 2.8kk DPS. What investment do you think it requires to reach that, 10ex?

reserved
"
Odif wrote:

Hi Odif. I wanna start your build these league. For your consideration Von Vikton made a skelle mage build last league and in his words was one of the most powerfull builds out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hB2DdfiY4

My only concern is the prices of the dead reckoning jewel. Someone says in the comments it was like 100 c first weeks and without the jewel the build is unplayable and clear ultra mega slow with just phys skellies. What do you think?
Last edited by yissus on Jan 28, 2022, 12:46:28 PM
"
Kaevar wrote:
So the build shows 2.8kk DPS. What investment do you think it requires to reach that, 10ex?

It's hard to predict, but I think the gear in the PoB is closer to 3 ex.

That being said, you can easily make do with less than the PoB gear.
"
yissus wrote:
"
Odif wrote:

Hi Odif. I wanna start your build these league. For your consideration Von Vikton made a skelle mage build last league and in his words was one of the most powerfull builds out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hB2DdfiY4

My only concern is the prices of the dead reckoning jewel. Someone says in the comments it was like 100 c first weeks and without the jewel the build is unplayable and clear ultra mega slow with just phys skellies. What do you think?

My testing shows Melee Skels are just fine, admittedly a bit slow in mapping.

If you can't stomach the slowness that is melee skels, you can level with my Absolution-Slave Driver build, then transition to Skel Mages when the price of Dead Reckoning drops.
Is there a list of what gems to get and when ? Think im going to go for this as my league start
"
Butcher8777 wrote:
Is there a list of what gems to get and when ? Think im going to go for this as my league start

In the build, i reserved the first 3 posts for my guide.
First post is the guide.
Second post is the leveling instructions and a link to my centralized newbie help page.
Third post is my experiences play testing it.

Look for the second post, it has EXTENSIVE leveling info, including exactly what gems to use in what acts, and where to get the gems.

P.S.
Be prepared to go melee skels for several days, the price of the Dead Reckoning will be sky high for at least 3 days, maybe 7.
No worries though, it ALWAYS drops down in price, as it is a very very common unique drop.
Thanks for the info, that's me being an idiot sorry ! Just had a read through with it and its exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

I have just finished doing my first little dry run of the start and how it feels with the minions and it feels really good !

This is deffo going to be my league start , im prepared to go for the melee skels for a few days until dead reckoning comes down in price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info