[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

Hi after some fixes to be able to play Occultist Version.

I've found some troubles, first i think i got at a Sweet point, that i can just do upgrades if i invest in some like High-End Watchers Eye with ES ON HIT + CRIT.CHANCE Hatred.
But those are 110ex.

My gear i think its overall good.

Im sitting at 6.2k ES + 84% Phys mit. But sometimes still getting oneshoted for Delirium or Beyond Bosses, and it pisses me off.

I know its flicker but... I can't do the Juiced T16 DELI MIRROR Farm , with Triple-Beyond, Harbinger and Abysses.

What do you guys farm with it? Or what do i need to change to be able to do this farm with some confi gameplay?

BTW heres my POB:

https://pastebin.com/3nzLNnub

Tips are welcome
Through a bit of experimenting I decided to remove Tempest shield from my second Unset ring and replace it with Vaal Discipline, and into the socket in the shield I put Zealotry with the help of Mana reservation jewel (2%, it was enough + 1 cold res pen and a bit of resists - can find better jewel but a lot more expensive). Lost about 100 ES, but gained more DPS + Consecrated ground, though need 4 more level to take the last ES keystone (Sanctum of Thought) and Zealot's Oath to make the life regen work on ES. There is also one possibilty that I think of - maybe change Vaal Discipline to a regular 21 level. That way I loose only 50 ES, but, eh, loose the vaal skill. If I remove Inspired learning then I need only 2 levels for that, but want to keep Inspired Learning.
Don't think I die much more by removing Tempest shield cause I kill things faster now.
welp, keep on keeping on experimenting guys.
POB:
https://pastebin.com/0uKpR9Jp
Last edited by Herzschild on Mar 21, 2022, 7:25:06 AM
Hi to all

Need help with my character because i have very low dps AND im dying sometimes gettin oneshots flickering in red maps (13 xD)

Can someone help me please?
Need to know the next upgrades for me

Here Is my pob:

https://pastebin.com/69eDLH4p

Im lvl 90 atm AND iknow im low but still clearing good
But Tier 13 maps at least 10-13 or 15 sec fighting with the boss

Sorry for my english.
Last edited by chakalx1 on Mar 22, 2022, 10:54:35 PM
"
Hey guys,

I play the one char currently searchable on poe.ninja (Flickr_CoC). Background: Found a mirror trying this build and decided to honor it by committing the currency on it, fully. Forbidden Flesh/Flame is pretty insane, but was rather expensive. Last few days I've been running HH as well - needless to say mapping is pretty fun! (has potential to explode your PC though, so not sure if I can handle recording properly, will try tomorrow).

I farmed enough currency back today to afford Mageblood and also have some other optimizations pending, because I enjoyed playing the build more than fidgeting around. So far I've focussed a lot on mapping, but the Ice Spear switch for bossing was quite smooth when I needed it so far.

I do die occasionally, partially because I'm not playing a max ES version in favor of more DPS. But also high delirium stuff with a lot of juice always gets crazy I guess. Current PoB, still WIP:

https://pastebin.com/8AnT8Zzi

I'm considering multiple things atm (besides some obvious missing upgrades mentioned in the guide):

- Can I fit Purity of Ice + Melding of the Flesh somehow for lots of mitigation. Could be paired with a Phys to Ele Watcher's eye for more survivability. I'm not sure I can find a proper trade-off.

- Maybe switch GMP on Cospri's for Herald of Ice in combination with helmet enchant, since it is nice for mapping and gives a proper chunk of damage back, which I sacrificed to fit Skitterbots and Zealotry until now. Particularly with HH, I find myself sometimes dishing out so many projectiles, GMP may be kinda overkill.

Do you guys have any other suggestions what to do/try? This build is so fun for me, I'm not afraid to spend more currency on it.

Because I got the Mageblood, it might take a few days before I have enough currency to try more investment intensive changes :)

Ty for the video and the build, man! It's the most fun I've had in PoE so far!

Hehe wow, first of all BIG GRATS on the mirror drop - that's like a PoE landmark and major bucket list item!

I think tankiness wise, it's really hard to beat Presence of Chayula (a +1 Spell/AllSkills and %maxES + Int + ES amulet may be the middlge ground) - and with a HH you don't really need the slight range boon from Ashes of the Stars. The harder you juice your maps (especially Delirium) the less useful the Extra Range from Divergent Flicker becomes since the next pack is so nearby anyway.

I think it'll be fine to sac the Crit Cluster to reach more reservation nodes to run those extra auras. You almost certainly have to get another well-rolled Unset Ring to support the auras though. There are also +2/90% reservation helms floating around every league which should be BiS with that many auras. You can drop CWDT-Ball Lightning and just manual cast VMS to free up two slots.

The brutal truth however is that Cyclone CoC with a regular helmet just delivers much more on a higher budget like yours. We give up a LOT of tankiness + DPS to enable Flicker - and Flicker only outpaces on regular T16 content because it one-shots stuff. If you are farming 60% Deli or heavy Deli maps, the speed gain from Flickering around drops off and all the weak points in the build (medium tankiness, 70% damage of a Cyclone CoC) start to show.

That said, Melding is definitely one of the better options - you have identified that the big weakness is huge ele hits, and theres only a few ways to counter that: 1) 8-9k ES or 2) 80%~ish Resists.

Perfectly balanced Wise Oak is also a big damage + tankiness boon but is REALLY annoying to execute.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
iUndeadWalker wrote:
Hi after some fixes to be able to play Occultist Version.

I've found some troubles, first i think i got at a Sweet point, that i can just do upgrades if i invest in some like High-End Watchers Eye with ES ON HIT + CRIT.CHANCE Hatred.
But those are 110ex.

My gear i think its overall good.

Im sitting at 6.2k ES + 84% Phys mit. But sometimes still getting oneshoted for Delirium or Beyond Bosses, and it pisses me off.

I know its flicker but... I can't do the Juiced T16 DELI MIRROR Farm , with Triple-Beyond, Harbinger and Abysses.

What do you guys farm with it? Or what do i need to change to be able to do this farm with some confi gameplay?

BTW heres my POB:

https://pastebin.com/3nzLNnub

Tips are welcome

Heya, as I just mentioned in the post above this, this build only shines at regular juiced content. Once you start doing Delirium/Nem3 and that kind of stuff, it falls off a bit.

This is because we give up the helmet slot for Flicker, and a skill gem damage slot for Multistrike. Thereby losing about 20% tankiness and 30% DPS in exchange for the superior speed of Flicker. That superior speed falls off the moment you have tankier content that doesn't die in 2-3 hits and exposes the medium-level tankiness of the build very hard.

For that content, absolutely I recommend going full Cyclone CoC Ice Nova / Spear - check out Qozmoz's guide on these forums. This very build was based on a variant of this I'm guessing, so you are about 90% similar to it already!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
chakalx1 wrote:
Hi to all

Need help with my character because i have very low dps AND im dying sometimes gettin oneshots flickering in red maps (13 xD)

Can someone help me please?
Need to know the next upgrades for me

Here Is my pob:

https://pastebin.com/d3ZvC0TM

Im lvl 86 atm AND iknow im low but still clearing good
But Tier 13 maps at least 10-13 or 15 sec fighting with the boss

Sorry for my english.

What about divergent inspiration? ITS like 5 ex. we need it? Or Is just for map clearing?

https://pastebin.com/69eDLH4p

Here Is the new pob with lvl 90
Last edited by chakalx1 on Mar 22, 2022, 11:35:05 PM
Hey you all. I finally get to 90lvl. I tried your build cause I play flicker in every league I can. Problem is that my dps is really low and i often died from things like poison etc and sometimes get one shoted. How did you achived that 40k armour?

this is my POB:
https://pastebin.com/ciEU3WPj
"
pawelz1997 wrote:
Hey you all. I finally get to 90lvl. I tried your build cause I play flicker in every league I can. Problem is that my dps is really low and i often died from things like poison etc and sometimes get one shoted. How did you achived that 40k armour?

this is my POB:

Hey dude, looks like you are mostly there on the setup

One big thing i noticed is that you seem not to be running determination which is the foundation of our defences. That along with your granite should be a lot of armour.

if you are dying from poison despite the nice chaos res u have on the watchers then def try changing your pantheons to get poison protection. If you are dying from corrupted blood (which maybe your pantheon currently prevents) then pick up a jewel with CB immunity.

I suspect a bunch of your deaths from one shots are phys dmg since the game has a bunch of those. Again, determination in an unset ring.

When it comes to your damage being low i bet its because you arent leeching mana like you should be. pick up "Clever Thief" on the right side of our tree

Cheers!
"
BruteNewb wrote:
"
pawelz1997 wrote:

this is my POB:

Hey dude, looks like you are mostly there on the setup

One big thing i noticed is that you seem not to be running determination which is the foundation of our defences. That along with your granite should be a lot of armour.

if you are dying from poison despite the nice chaos res u have on the watchers then def try changing your pantheons to get poison protection. If you are dying from corrupted blood (which maybe your pantheon currently prevents) then pick up a jewel with CB immunity.

I suspect a bunch of your deaths from one shots are phys dmg since the game has a bunch of those. Again, determination in an unset ring.

When it comes to your damage being low i bet its because you arent leeching mana like you should be. pick up "Clever Thief" on the right side of our tree

Cheers!

Done everything you said and its awesome now. Thank you so much :D It's one of the best budget flicker I played.
Update Time again

https://pastebin.com/7Awwtch0

I'm sorry if im over sharing but it seems the more i write down the more good ideas we generate as a group.

----------

OK change #1 i made was to put regular molten shell at a level where cwdt procs it. I like this change (its what the guide originally intends). It is a lower level than before so i do get less protection than before but i get that protection at better times. And i never have to worry about overriding VMS with MS on my left click. Maybe we could get away with a higher level cwdt?

----------

2nd is that I finally raised the cash to buy

which just absolutely changed everything.

i dont think i can overstate this. Headhunter is UNBELIEVABLY good for this build. And this build is unbelievably good for headhunter. Every single aspect of what I was doing before got so much better. Im faster, i hit harder, more often, i die waay less often and the fun factor is through the roof. like seriously the single most fun build ive ever done in years of POE.

If you are running this build and dont know if you really wanna grind the cash to get HH, stop being on the fence about it and start saving them exalts.

I took a few days off and when i came back the price of HH had dropped like 20 ex. The one i bought i paid 85ex for (archnem softcore). The price seems to be going down still at the moment and there has never been a better league for making money doing something you find fun. No excuses. Get a HH. this is the only logical destination point for the build. I would happily pay 200ex and still consider it well worth it.

I also got lucky that my HH is well rolled and enchanted with something useful. We always expose because of the implicit on

But there are many belt enchants that would be good for us. Even no enchant is pretty much fine.

Did I mention that every Rota I join now i get comments like "How much u pay for that juicy coc?", "fast boi holy cow", and "what is this black magic fuckery??".

---------------------

When i changed from

to the HH I lost some resists. But I gained a bunch of stats so 1 benchcraft on my gloves from "dex/str" to "cold res" later I was ele res capped again. easy.

I also lost a chunk of chaos res, but it took me a while to remember/notice. I'm sitting at -56% chaos res and I dont feel the need to change that because by happenstance I already had both my pantheons set to poison protection.

--------------------

I also lost a chunk of energy shield with the HH switch (sitting at 5854 now) but honestly i feel tankier than before anyways. Ive seen the HH buffs push my shield (temporarily) to 16k (edit: 22k)

I wanted to play around with switching the ammy to a Presence of Chayula or a badge, but i was reminded when i took ashes off that i really do need the mana res eff from ashes and ive been too lazy to think about how to get that elsewhere.

I do think the flicker teleport range from ashes isnt as critical once you have HH, but having both feels really nice and I did invest quite a bit into my alt quality gems specifically with ashes in mind.

So for now I'm sticking with ashes. Hopefully it doesnt get nerfed too hard next league. I'd pay quite a bit for the version we have now.

-------------------

I did notice that I really never use Vaal Discipline anymore since I attack faster and thereby gain ES faster so I opted for a lv 21 discipline instead to get like 70ES.

-------------------

A thing I tried that didnt work:

I wanted to drop the replica conq efficiency but without it my flicker cost 3 mana. (with it flicker is free). so i thought if i put fertile catalysts on both my rings then the -7 mana cost on each would become -9 on each. This is what happens on craftofexile. For some reason however doing so in the game only made each ring -8 mana.

I just found it to be far more smooth if we can 100% of the time flicker even if mana dips to the bottom for a moment. because then you leech back and spells keep flowing.

For now im keeping the repConqEff, but I really wish i could get another jewel with ES and other goodies

-------------------

I also managed to casually grind another level out (97 now).

There were 3 good candidates for what to spend it on to my mind:

-Curse mastery that inflicts blind.

Since blind now also reduces evasion on enemies i thought this would be a good way to help my accuracy since I run precision res eff mastery instead of the 3 acc per dex mastery from the guide. However when I switched to the HH my raw dex went from 203 -> 243 and that seemed like enough to make the issue go away on its own. Might be worth noting in the guide that 250 dex is a noteworthy goal.

In the end I did switch to a new jewel to get blind chance as well without having to spend a tree point

I think it helps on mobs that take a bunch of whacks to go down. Probably doesnt help enough to be mandatory. The blind on curse mastery would be better tbh.

-leech mastery. I have a friend who also plays this build and they ran the math to let me know that between Thaumophage and my flask

that I am indeed ES leech capped. They say that if I take the leech mastery that gives "100% total recovery from leech" that i would get another 200-250 ES leech per second. This is appealing to me and if i ever level to 98 this is what ill take. The reason I havent dont it yet is that with HH i gain ES so fast, and with ZO i regen it so well, that dots and degens never really affect me anymore whereas once upon a time they were my main problem.

- defend with 120% of armour

Many of the one shots that exist in the game are phys damage and I pretty much only die to 1/2 shots anymore so this is what i went with to try to help that problem. I dont hate it.

--------------------------

Ok finally something I'm kinda excited to share because if this really works then its something literally everybody playing this build could do

I had been using dying sun for the proj/aoe. nothing wrong with it. but then i came across someone on reddit pointing out that if you run Purity of Elems then there is no downside to using

which if I'm doing my math right the 40% effect of shocks mod means that enemies will be taking 14% MORE damage which is better even than bottled faiths mod.

Compounding that I switched out a crit mastery from "25% crit multi against uniques" to "50% effect of non-damaging ailments" which should boost that shock effect to make enemies take 19% more damage as well as extend our freezes and chills.

Also this is totally unconfirmed, but it seems to me like boosting chill effect with this mastery should ALSO increase dmg enemies take through our use of bonechill. If anyone can confirm/disprove this I would be very interested.

It may be a little less damage against uniques, but more dmg in all other cases including like essence monsters and archnemesis bosses.

If anyone tries this please let us know what you think.

----------------------------

I also redid my whole atlas passive tree to align with the strengths of this build as my main money maker now. Maybe I'll try to share that if people would be interested.

Last edited by BruteNewb on Mar 29, 2022, 1:12:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info