List of Client.exe command line arguments (parameters), launch options

"
fedoreme wrote:
Sorry I'm a newb...
So I've Windows 7, I got this problem with audio exception, I've read the guide, I right-clicked to path of exile shortcut (this one on desktop and even that one .exe in the main folder of steam), selected properties and... I don't know what else do. I cannont find the line "target", or I don't know where exactely looking for it.
Please may someone kind and patient explane me how I could figure it out?
Thanks ;)

Can you post your own new thread with your problem, and include a screenshot of your shortcut dialog?
I apologize in advance if bumping this thread is a bad move.

I would liked to know if its possible to apply two parameters at the same time. If its a yes, how do I do it?
yes it is, use the space bar, something like

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe" -swa -gc 2
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.
I was wondering I do not have a target pathing in PoE Properties I was wondering if i could get some help and yes i know I am a little late.

DxDiag
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc
System Model: XPS 630i
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 2556MB RAM
Page File: 2203MB used, 3143MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

I know its to do with my Ram but i'd like some type of relief so i can continue to enjoy this game without it crashing every hour.
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/29/2014, 17:30:20
Machine name: DEMONLORD-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM
Page File: 2679MB used, 5106MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

This is while the game is running! i also just put -gc 2 at the end of my path but last night it still ended up haveing a crash.... you think putting -gc 1 would help even more? it did take alot longer for the game to stop working but its so random anyway im not sure whats gonna fix it!
also if i use --patching-server pathofexile.com:3724 then wouldnt i need to delete the ggpk file and re DL the game for this to take effect?
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 30, 2014, 11:35:10 AM
I was wondering now that Would adding Virtual RAM would solve this problem or if I would need to purchase Physical RAM
I added 6144 Virtual RAM
"
Malfeasence wrote:
I was wondering now that Would adding Virtual RAM would solve this problem or if I would need to purchase Physical RAM
I added 6144 Virtual RAM

XPS 630i Core 2 Duo... is that the one that had the 512MB 8800GT ?

If you're running a graphics card that is under a gig, as well as only 2gig of RAM, you're going to end up having pretty solid performance issues regardless of what software tweaking you do.

If I recall, you can slap up to 8gb of RAM into the 630i, and they should be compatible with something like the 650 series of Nvidia graphics card. Depending on your geographical location, the whole upgrade would probably cost you less than $100.

Might be worth ditching Vista and putting XP on instead (but don't quote me on that).

Drakier is usually floating around, and his technical knowledge far outstrips mine. He would probably recommend you post your own thread with your information in it. Alternatively you could email support@grindinggear.com and as them what their current bottom floor is on PC requirements.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Drakier is usually floating around, and his technical knowledge far outstrips mine. He would probably recommend you post your own thread with your information in it. Alternatively you could email support@grindinggear.com and as them what their current bottom floor is on PC requirements.

Correct. Please post your own new thread and we can help you there. But generally speaking, you should have 4GB of RAM with a 64-bit OS installed (beyond the GPU limitations).

Good luck.
For me I can't make it work... After I type -gc2 at the end of the ''target'' it doesn't allow me to apply so I can't do it. Sadly, POE always worked well for me, it's the first time that something like that happen and i don't get it 'cause I'm able to run games like Aion and TERA pretty well so... Please help me, I love this game so much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info