[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

How do you link Frenzy if you only have a 5-link?
Drop increased critical strikes or drop Frost bomb?
"
CyberMike13 wrote:
How do you link Frenzy if you only have a 5-link?
Drop increased critical strikes or drop Frost bomb?

Drop the crit. It's a hefty loss but Frost Bomb gives exposure and prevents enemy heals which can be relevant with the Archnemesis mechanic. Alternatively, if you can fit Sniper's Mark anywhere else on your gear, you can just manually cast it on bosses until you can get a 6L.
Worked my way into maps over the course of the weekend. Leveling EA ballista let me cruise right through and I had got an early storm cloud which was nice. Got enough just leveling to swap over to siege and it's feeling good, ready to farm up some exalts and get the bigger ticket items. It's been getting great so far but I've just been leaving in barrage over hypothermia because my single target wasn't feeling great and with the archnemesis being so frequent it was easier than swapping constantly, how badly will that hurt my DPS on regular mobs just going through maps? Working towards getting a 6l wildwrap to get some more sex next I think.

E: I also can't really run both hatred and skitter with enough extra mana to cast all my totems, is there anything else to run in the interim?
Last edited by kwix67 on Feb 7, 2022, 8:00:48 AM
"
kwix67 wrote:
Worked my way into maps over the course of the weekend. Leveling EA ballista let me cruise right through and I had got an early storm cloud which was nice. Got enough just leveling to swap over to siege and it's feeling good, ready to farm up some exalts and get the bigger ticket items. It's been getting great so far but I've just been leaving in barrage over hypothermia because my single target wasn't feeling great and with the archnemesis being so frequent it was easier than swapping constantly, how badly will that hurt my DPS on regular mobs just going through maps? Working towards getting a 6l wildwrap to get some more sex next I think.

E: I also can't really run both hatred and skitter with enough extra mana to cast all my totems, is there anything else to run in the interim?

I'm running Herald of Ice since I feel tanky enough. If you feel squishy, try Defiance Banner as a second to Skitterbots
"
Datrogh wrote:

I'm running Herald of Ice since I feel tanky enough. If you feel squishy, try Defiance Banner as a second to skitter

Great suggestion I'll give that a try. Plus you get the wonderful shatter sounds then. As I was looking I realized that skitter as a source of chill means that not running that yet means hypothermia is also probably not even worth slotting in yet over barrage any way as I believe it's the only source of chill, or am I missing another one?
I'm thinking some of the new siege of the atlas implicits on gloves would come in very handy. % to damage per 100 DEX, unnerve enemies on hit, increased evasion on helm and boots, inflict cold exposure, intimidate enemies on hit, damage per frenzy charge, etc. Has anyone experimented with any of these? A good rare hunter glove with both flat DEX and % DEX was hard to find and keep my resists in check. I was still able to get to 14 ballistas last league without hunter gloves anyway.
i think it good for this build
So far so good with EA start, but will barrage support boost the EA dps or not?
Last edited by wallypoe on Feb 7, 2022, 2:19:47 PM
First time totem player and i love this build. Cleared all of the new bosses day 3 and farming blight. Quick question though: is it possible to get a 4-anoint astramentis via ancient orbing a stranglegrasp?
"
First time totem player and i love this build. Cleared all of the new bosses day 3 and farming blight. Quick question though: is it possible to get a 4-anoint astramentis via ancient orbing a stranglegrasp?

I believe ancient orbs delete and replace the item. This would remove any enchants one the item like amulet anoints.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info