Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

New auras are fine. It's nice actually seeing some characters in the game, before they were mostly obscured by the flashy auras, my guy just looked like a walking disco ball. Somewhat exaggerated but you get the point. With the promise that flashier auras will be added I have no idea why anyone would bother talking about this topic... except that I am too haha >.<
"
Kanye_West wrote:
New auras are fine. It's nice actually seeing some characters in the game, before they were mostly obscured by the flashy auras, my guy just looked like a walking disco ball. Somewhat exaggerated but you get the point.

Same here!
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
GGG has taken your feedback & decided to best course of action is to charge us for more visually attractive auras. Thanks GGG.
I think the auras are fine, but I don't spend a lot of time staring at my character. I can understand wanting everything to be aesthetically pleasing though. My only feedback would be that perhaps they are a little too simple. That being said, I still think they are well done and it's easy for me to see a Discipline aura and know exactly what it is.
Oh, I suppose I don't exactly like that other people's auras are just a little blue circle on me. But I can just look up and see what they're using.

I think it's prudent to remember that people have different tastes and there's no way to make everyone happy. Some people like minimalist style, and others like to run around with large clocks around their necks. Not that those are the only camps.
Even though I miss the old elemental damage auras, I definitely see the merit having them simple - especially for people who run multiples. And for parties.

But thinking about this, I'm probably more in favor of microtransactions than a graphics option (which I presume would just be detailed auras on/off) because a cosmetic effect would give you better control; you wouldn't necessarily have all of them making your character a pulsating lightfest, you could choose whichever style you prefer most to be the dominant aura.

Cosmetic aura effects that are not limited to specific auras, though - that would be fun.

If the detailed ones move to the Shop then don't make them indivudual items to purchase, that would be extremely lame and annoying considering there were already existing flashy auras in the game (Albeit poorly constructed, but cool looking none the less)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on May 17, 2013, 4:40:59 PM
"
Russell wrote:
No where did I say it was going to be the old art?. They will be newly designed auras with all shapes and themes. The old auras were laggy and badly designed. The newer micro transactions will be built better and have a lot more effort put into them :P

Or... you could've polished up the original designs and optimized them to run better. I know; what a novel idea right?

Many of us who are posting here are pissed at the fact that you completely scratched the old designs, and crafted auras that are on the complete opposite of the spectrum. Ever heard of a middle-ground? The new auras don't even look remotely similar to the old ones. Auras are supposdd to have character; they're supposed to evoke a certain motif/emotion just by looking at them. The current ones simply feel uninspired, and still looks like nothing more than color-coded lines that swirl in circles.

Not only did you not give us options to turn the old auras back on, but now you're telling us that if we want more flashy auras, we'll have to pay to get them. Like pouring salt in a wound. For shame.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on May 17, 2013, 4:44:02 PM
Yeah, in general I like the new aura. I'd guess that a majority of negative feedback only means that the people OK with the change simply accepted it and felt no need to respond.

Purity does seem a little out of place with most of the other ones being rings, and the symbols don't seem consistent with other things in the game that convey elements like Piety's portals or the skill gem art. Discipline, Clarity and Vitality are quite improved and look like what they do. Determination strikes me as a little too close to Hatred/Wrath/Anger and doesn't quite have the same clear conveyance. I'm not saying we should revert back to the overblown quad shields each with their own little orbiting rings, but something akin to Discipline might work.
Last edited by Uvne on May 17, 2013, 5:53:10 PM
"
If the detailed ones move to the Shop then don't make them indivudual items to purchase, that would be extremely lame and annoying considering there were already existing flashy auras in the game (Albeit poorly constructed, but cool looking none the less)

Nah individual would be nicer, so we can mix and match minimalist and more flashy ones so they don't clash/overlap too bad. I just hope they are priced low enough to make acquiring a whole set not a too costly endeavour. I'd say 20 points per aura would be nice. Maybe a third set of auras that are more out there, diverge from the original styles and cost more. If you want to further showcase a certain style on your character or just highlight your most important aura.
... is not a troll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info