Melee Splash

I feel this skill to be underwhelming towards the main target.

I would like to look at this in the perspective of DotA of "Battle Fury". Where as the main target takes full damage, but the rest only takes approximately 35%.
Are passives like Amplify (12% AoE radius, 8% AoE damage) affect aoe damage and radius of splashed damage of skills linked with melee splash?
Im asking because when i took Amplify, my tooltip dps did not changed.
I mean is damage increase hidden because it applies only to splash part? or it does not apply at all?
Last edited by squiddy286 on Jul 3, 2013, 8:01:46 PM
The damage displays show the initial hit's damage, which is not AoE Damage; AoE Damage passives won't actually show up. Works fine though.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The damage displays show the initial hit's damage, which is not AoE Damage; AoE Damage passives won't actually show up. Works fine though.

Thank you. Then i guess i can take those passives instead of buying 20% infernal blow and melee splash, sweet :)
"
squiddy286 wrote:
Are passives like Amplify (12% AoE radius, 8% AoE damage) affect aoe damage and radius of splashed damage of skills linked with melee splash?
Im asking because when i took Amplify, my tooltip dps did not changed.
I mean is damage increase hidden because it applies only to splash part? or it does not apply at all?

Sure they do. They also increase lags and desyncs as well.
Tooltip doesnt take into account AoE damage increase (from concentrated affect, Carcess Jack, nodes, etc). Also, tooltip shows damage made to main target, and that damage doesnt count as AoE damage. I assume, that if you link Concentrated effect to Melee Splash, then you will deal more damage to other targets, but not to main one.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Hi

I have recently made a duelist build using doublestrike,flicker with melee splash and viper strike with multistrike. The melee splash works great with the arena perk in duelist tree in combination with culling strike things fall fast. Using melee splash with flicker feels like I just used discharge without the charges:)

The viper strike though doesn't work with melee splash I am not sure if this is a glitch or a intentional mechanic?

cheers on a excellent support gem idea
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Flicker is definitely fun with splash. Multistrike also is really good. Why? Because their autotarget mechanics cover up Melee Splash's problems.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jul 10, 2013, 2:10:37 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Flicker is definitely fun with splash. Multistrike also is really good. Why? Because their autotarget mechanics cover up Melee Splash's problems.
not to mention more coverage (different spots).
Question involving Melee Splash and Concentrated Effect: Which of the following is true?
  • The AoE from Melee Splash is specifically designed to ignore the primary target of the attack; thus when Melee Splash and Concentrated Effect are both level 20 and used together, the main target takes 84% damage (16% less) and the other targets take 116.6% damage (69%, which is 31% less, times 169% more).
  • The AoE from melee splash does not ignore the primary target of the attack, and the text on the gem is merely shorthand; thus when Melee Splash and Concentrated Effect are both level 20 and used together, the main target takes 15% damage (the difference between 16% less and 31% less), and additionally all targets, including the main target, take 116.6% damage (same calculation as above), for a total of 131.6% damage to the main target.

Also, if it doesn't work like the second way... I believe it should, because it's counterintuitive for the primary target of your attack to take less damage than the secondary targets. If that means changing some wording on Melee Splash, then so be it.

But first things first; which is it?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
The base melee attack is not area damage and is not affected by area damage modifiers. The splash targets are hit for area damage. The primary target of the attack cannot also be one of the splash targets, the splash damages other nearby enemies, it can't damage the main target as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info