Game performance is ABYSMAL.

"
sharkh20 wrote:
Game sits at 100 fps for me at all times and has been that way since I first got the beta 8 months ago. CPU sits at 20% in windowed mode. Obviously for me, the performance is not abysmal. My suggestion is to send your specs and info on your problem to Chris through a pm.

What is your CPU make and model?
"

I do agree 100% on some points, the chat window and things related to that should NOT be rendered as part of the same object, it should be an overlay on a seperate thread which can refresh seperately. The main renderer should look up the current rendered to memory state of the chat and display it for each frame. Same should go for all other overlays. This would isolate the main render and the games flow from disturbances caused by the chat code and or overlay code (which are quite common, just push F1 and look at the difference between having the map off the inventory closed and and the character screen closed then press tab i c and look at the framerate now.) Quite simply, it would be acceptable if the chat refused to update to a newer image or capture and display new lines at all on a single core machine unless the framerate was above its average point.

I completely agree. You can kill at least half your FPS if you open all of these things while in a graphically intensive area such as the Ship Graveyard. And it absolutely shouldn't do it.
"
Destruktor wrote:
Large mobs w/ global chat running does nothing to slow me down. My rig is an AMD Phenom X4 955 (stock @ 3.2GHz)

That's a nice stock clock for an AMD CPU, which helps a lot to remedy the issue. It seems most of the X4 Phenoms have enough power per core to run Path of Exile without any issues.
"
Antestor wrote:
well the performance is not horrible on my ATI5770,intel e5300 dual core 2.6 OCed to 3.2GHz,4GB ram.
but yes i noticed that global chat makes my fps drop(sometimes, not always but happens).

Ah, one of the Pentium era Dual Cores. If you return the CPU to stock clocks, Path of Exile would likely become near unplayable if you're having problems at 3.2GHz.
One of the definitions found on the interweb for "ABYSMAL" is "extremely or hopelessly bad or severe". Well, that's your opinion.

The only time I had some problems is the only time I played in a party with somebody.

Specs: Intel Q8200@2.33GHz, 4GB DDR3@1333, Saphire Radeon HD 6850
Funny enough, my notebook is anything but a gaming machine (I use it for video editing), but it plays this game almost flawlessly, apart from a few areas where the framerate goes down (most notably the dark forest with all its lighting and shadow effects). I have far more problems with hit lag and the like.
Pling Plong, sluta dit liv med en sång.
Last edited by TAPETRVE on May 15, 2012, 8:47:15 AM
"
DarkGreen wrote:
One of the definitions found on the interweb for "ABYSMAL" is "extremely or hopelessly bad or severe". Well, that's your opinion.

The only time I had some problems is the only time I played in a party with somebody.

Specs: Intel Q8200@2.33GHz, 4GB DDR3@1333, Saphire Radeon HD 6850

25 FPS out of a possible 120. I would say that the word i used is very accurate.
I've played this on an AMD64 3400+ with a GeForce 8600GT. I had to turn the settings down, but it played. Color me skeptical of your "abysmal" claim.
PoE is Diablo 3
Diablo 3 is Torchlight 2
Torchlight 2 is Fate 5
"
notevenhere wrote:
I've played this on an AMD64 3400+ with a GeForce 8600GT. I had to turn the settings down, but it played. Color me skeptical of your "abysmal" claim.

What is there to be skeptical about? You have an old singlecore AMD and you had to reduce settings for the game to be playable. That just goes to prove my point that the game is too CPU reliant. It is likely that your 8600GT isn't even fully utilized while playing.
I have
AMD 5000+ BE 3.2GHz
ATI 3870HD
4GB RAM
Win 7 U x64

I have everything at max and the shadows off and managing a solid 70+ FPS. Looks really nice.

First level on shadows drops it to 45 if I am lucky and the second level drops me down to 20. But I don't think my card handles shadows well, since its like that in most games I play.
Insanity is overrated unless you join me in mine.
"
logokas wrote:
"
notevenhere wrote:

What is there to be skeptical about? You have an old singlecore AMD and you had to reduce settings for the game to be playable. That just goes to prove my point that the game is too CPU reliant. It is likely that your 8600GT isn't even fully utilized while playing.

This just in: "old" computers have trouble playing "new" games. Since 1981.
Kilts for Templars <tm> - Our mission is to replace the ancient Greek toga worn by the Templar with a kilt. It fits the theme of Wraeclast better, and it fits the voice of the Templar.
"
Miszou wrote:
LOL @ this thread

So much knowledge in here! If only GGG could call on you to explain how to write software properly!

Anytime you're too stupid to understand things its best to call it nonsense and discredit those who do. Way to go Bubba.
Last edited by Flytheelephant on May 15, 2012, 1:03:27 PM
"
"
Miszou wrote:
LOL @ this thread

So much knowledge in here! If only GGG could call on you to explain how to write software properly!

Anytime you're too stupid to understand things its best to call it nonsense and discredit those who do. Way to go Bubba.

Yes, that's what it is. I'm too stupid to make suggestions on the architecture of a system I know nothing about.
[Hardcore] Soldiers of the Wasteland - sotwguild.com
-------------------------
Skill Resets are the last refuge of the weak and incompetent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info