3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

Can I get some help on what to improve? I'm currently leveling an empower but it won't hit level 3 for a while. I also don't have clusters yet.

Mainly having trouble with dps as I'm hitting a wall with early red conquerors - they die but it's pretty slow.

I only have about 3.5ex to spend unfortunately. Everything seems expensive so not sure if I should be saving up more while farming late yellows.

Thanks
"
projectoffset wrote:

Can I get some help on what to improve? I'm currently leveling an empower but it won't hit level 3 for a while. I also don't have clusters yet.

Mainly having trouble with dps as I'm hitting a wall with early red conquerors - they die but it's pretty slow.

I only have about 3.5ex to spend unfortunately. Everything seems expensive so not sure if I should be saving up more while farming late yellows.

Thanks

Everything could do with an upgrade. Keep levelling up and getting $$ to upgrade.

Your amulet, gloves, and quiver first would probably be the best DPS boost. Look for DOT mods, and annoint your amulet with corruption. Make sure you are using your ballista totems effectively too as they provide wither = massive DPS boost.
Just added a quick video of The Formed. Tanked most of it.

https://youtu.be/IIoNmisrACc

Sorry for the jerkiness and low quality of my vids, my PC is shit. It even crashed on me while fighting Maven yesterday, haha.
Last edited by brunowa on Nov 3, 2021, 8:18:26 PM

https://pastebin.com/1G4mxF8S

Any thoughts on what to focus on upgrading next? Mapping feels fine at t16 alch'd but bossing feels super slow due to mana constrictions. Thinking about trying your devouring diadem setup soon.
This build is fantastic. I've played TR quite a bit in previous leagues, but never as a champ. The tank on this is outright amazing.

I started this 2 days ago, and haven't been able to push that many hours into it 'cause it's during the week, and I still have to earn a living between 9 and 5. Even so, it was trivial to level - I'm currently 87 - and I can clear high tier rare reds with mostly junk gear. I'm still using a 5L bow, for crying out loud. Leveling in maps is purely silly experience levels, I'm seeing average of 200 million / hour with juicy maps pushing up to 400. Certainly no need for breachstone / harbinger rotas to push the levels up.

The initial budget is excellent, I'm not into this for even 100c yet. It's very much the meta of the moment though, so endgame gear upgrades are at least 20-25ex.

Typical ranged chaos skill build, where your DPS is heavily dependent on gem levels, so the usual strategies are all at play - corrupted level 21 TR gem, +gems bow, empower 3 or higher, +1 to dex or chaos - or both - on amulet. If you line everything up perfectly, level 30 TR should be possible, which will melt anything that stands reasonably still, and most everything that tries to move, too.

Thank you for the writeup, I'm seriously enjoying the build!
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Can confirm this build is amazing! Tank and melt everything

Last edited by Escape_Artist on Nov 4, 2021, 6:10:34 PM
"
BuIIyHunter wrote:
Can confirm this build is amazing! Tank and melt everything

Damn, that is some insane gear you have there!
It is simply insane how versatile this build is. Got a Mageblood on Standard pretty early, and had way to much currency laying around. And every day, I find something new to put and adjust at the build, it never stops ;)
"
Macromaster wrote:
It is simply insane how versatile this build is. Got a Mageblood on Standard pretty early, and had way to much currency laying around. And every day, I find something new to put and adjust at the build, it never stops ;)
Err... if I'm reading this right, your Mageblood isn't using your jade flask because it's not in the left 4 slots?
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info